The Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a goal threat kind of like our sweet Prince Oumar was a goal threat - he has a knack for finding himself in the right positions to bundle them in over the line (aside from the Bournemouth goal Doucs, thanks for that)

Aside from his goals, Doucs is a dreadful player in the build up whenever we have a shred of possession.

Problem is, I'm not sure we actually have any ball playing midfielders in the squad - what a crazy statement that is. Garner, I guess, is a semi competent midfielder. But who else?
Honestly, stick McNeil in attacking midfield with danjuma and Harrison wide (when the latter is fit). Or swap them around. I see Doucoure like Kevin Kilbane. He served the club well as an honest whole hearted player who gave it his best up to his ability. But an upgrade is much needed.

Would Garner, Onana and Gana work? Garner can focus on being the playmaker, Onana box to box and Gana in front of the defence. Douc has been good since Dyche's arrival but Garner is the future.

I feel like everybody, but probably mainly you, has put Garner on a pedestal and declared him this totally amazing player that will save us.

And whilst he does indeed look like a decent player, I really dont think hes going to vastly change things.

Gana - Finished, but can still get around the pitch
Onana - Terrible 1 game, ok the next, never more
Doucs - Antifootball crapper

We need a whole new midfield and 2 new fullbacks and defo a new manager.

We wont be getting any of them in the next few months.

So for now we just need to make sure Doucs never plays again.
Garner is decent on the ball and progresses it I get he may be over rated by some because of the limitations of the others but I agree we need to start seeing one of Gana/Doucs dropped for him. But since Dyche's tactics don't even seem to involve the midfield currently maybe we need a new manager too

I watched the game today on tv so it’s difficult to see everything happening off the ball. But other than a few loose passes and giving the ball away cheaply in a couple of occasions (Gana), I thought the midfield looked much more organised and disciplined today?

I watched the game today on tv so it’s difficult to see everything happening off the ball. But other than a few loose passes and giving the ball away cheaply in a couple of occasions (Gana), I thought the midfield looked much more organised and disciplined today?
He had 2 in front of the back 4 rather than just gana...did wonders

Garner tucking in, in the first half and did well. Doucoure a fitness came back after he scored. Mcneil makes a huge difference.
Gana still scares me when he gets it near the half way line.

We just do not look like being able to stop teams scoring against us atm.
Gana is the player tasked with offering that extra layer of protection to our back four and to be honest I don't think he is doing to well.

He didn't start against Villa last week and I don't think he was missed in that game.

Doucoure and Gueye are done should have binned them off to Saudi.

I'd put McNeil, Onana and Garner in the middle.

Danjuma isn't a Dyche player but we need some flair and pace. Hopefully Harrison will come in and level us out.

Harrison and danjuma on the wings with mcheilonana and garner in the cm.

You could also shift danjuma to number 10 and McNeil out wide

For me, we play a 2 man or 3 man midfield, Onana and Garner have to start.

I personally would like McNeil to be in that 3 because he is a positive and forward thinking footballer. Between those 3, we would have pace, energy, pressing and creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.