The Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we cant afford one. But Manu Kone, Khephren Thuram types would be what id be looking for if we had the cash.

We dont so just add depth behind Onana and Garner.

I actually suggested we double down and get people like Hughes (CP) or Reed (Fulham), but surely there are non-marquee but equally good players out there. The current batch of U21 for Italy have a plethora of such people, in my opinion.

I actually suggested we double down and get people like Hughes (CP) or Reed (Fulham), but surely there are non-marquee but equally good players out there. The current batch of U21 for Italy have a plethora of such people, in my opinion.

Alex Scott just went to Bournemouth for £25mil and isnt getting games for them.

Thats the kind of player who could be eased in by them over the season to help with his development.

We dont appear to have the money to do that but the Hackney, Bellingham and Wharton shouts make a lot of sense to me.

I'd be happy if we just brought one of them in so at least over the rest of the season they gain some experience ready for 2024/2025.

Thats the kind of player who could be eased in by them over the season to help with his development.

We dont appear to have the money to do that but the Hackney, Bellingham and Wharton shouts make a lot of sense to me.

I'd be happy if we just brought one of them in so at least over the rest of the season they gain some experience ready for 2024/2025.
I agree, but I think we should limit our individual transaction amounts to just 15mil, can't trust these with money. English clubs have understood that if a PL club come in, they can charge a lot. So I was just suggesting we look elsewhere for our current predicament and budget.

I agree, but I think we should limit our individual transaction amounts to just 15mil, can't trust these with money. English clubs have understood that if a PL club come in, they can charge a lot. So I was just suggesting we look elsewhere for our current predicament and budget.

I think the targets Thelwell has aimed for have been very good but we havent been able to afford them.

Gomes and Gana going for fees in Jan may open the door for a single midfield signing and we need to look at the championship for the best up and coming talent.

He signed for them with a bad injury and has only just returned Zat, he has played in the last 2 games.

He signed for them with a bad injury and has only just returned Zat, he has played in the last 2 games.

That makes more sense lol

Pity we couldnt have brought him in as an alternative to Doucoure.

When we were all talking about Bellingham, Hackney and Wharton...who was the other young english CM you mentioned?

Any others stand out to come in behind Onana and Garner?,

That makes more sense lol

Pity we couldnt have brought him in as an alternative to Doucoure.

When we were all talking about Bellingham, Hackney and Wharton...who was the other young english CM you mentioned?

Any others stand out to come in behind Onana and Garner?,
Dan Neil? Wouter Burger at Stoke would make a decent Gana replacement, certainly more of a worker type, I think he is about 21/22

Would like both think that reed would have been a decent move for us, if we could got gomes out would have been a solid move. I would like us to try get one of the lads you have said aswell is what we should be looking to do add experience and take chance of young players to get balance

Dan Neil? Wouter Burger at Stoke would make a decent Gana replacement, certainly more of a worker type, I think he is about 21/22

Thats the one, Dan Neil. He and Hackney look like they could be a couple of good options...

Its good to see these types coming through in case we get an offer we cant refuse for Onana.

Could have Garner, Neil, Hackney and my choice Wharton as our 4 CMs competing for 2 (or 3) positions with cash to spare.

I do hope we can sell Gomes and Gana in the Jan window...

...and bring this boy in: https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/adam-wharton-blackburns-teenage-talent-in-midfield/

Thats the one, Dan Neil. He and Hackney look like they could be a couple of good options...

Its good to see these types coming through in case we get an offer we cant refuse for Onana.

Could have Garner, Neil, Hackney and my choice Wharton as our 4 CMs competing for 2 (or 3) positions with cash to spare.

I do hope we can sell Gomes and Gana in the Jan window...

...and bring this boy in: https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/adam-wharton-blackburns-teenage-talent-in-midfield/
Tbh Id take that Swedish kid over any of them but sadly I think he might be a bit out of our reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.