The Media who cover Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont want that. They want Everton to know their place. That's at the back of it. They love pointing out how we've wated cash - it helps them sell their prejudice that we shouldn;t think big.

'EVERTON KNOW YOUR PLACE'

That;s the message.
They’ve been waiting 24 years for us to drop, they begrudgingly gave us praise during Moyes’ reign and in Martinez’s first season but that’s about it

Yes, big name reporters all around the country are very interested in what I say. You slate the club constantly so are you now saying we’re not a clown show?
People like you who nod in agreement with them.

I criticise individuals for not using the cash wisely...they want everton to go back to having none and KNOW THEIR PLACE.

It seems to have been the case going back for at least 60 years, but now more common due to the explosion of social media and throw away sound bite comments. There is little doubt in my mind that the other lot absolutely milked the market thanks to Bill Shankly, he worked the media very well it has to be said and he was a darling for them. Meanwhile, much as Harry Catterick was a good (arguably great) manager he shied away from the press, somewhat dour in contrast to Shankly. At the time we were matching them and often better than them in playing terms.

In addition, for many years Everton seem to have had few people able to pull the strings on TV or in the press. I may be wrong but I think John Birt, ex big wig at Granada & then the BBC was a red, with the likes of Peter Sissons (another red) they had weekend soirees for ex Scousers who had 'made it' - mainly rs though. No doubt they pushed the rs agenda whenever possible.

Sky and BT football coverage, as we know, is littered with ex rs. Even when it's an Everton game being broadcast, how often does the panel of so called pundits (ex players) actually have an Everton connection in balancing things? While so many on Sky have no problem blurting about their own favourites, the likes of Julian Warren, a good presenter & professional, although a Blue keeps the fact a low profile unlike some.

Same with the press, it seems overloaded with rs sycophants. Those with a leaning towards EFC always tend to conceal it with moderate views.

Most of these observations obviously compare us with 'them', because the coverage is so biased. Inevitably, however, coverage is undoubtedly focused due to business (money) interest, and preserving those interests. Whether we like it or not, other clubs have bigger support numbers even if most of them are fair weather fans, hence the weighted bias towards the so-called big clubs.

Since football was re-invented in the early 90's Everton FC has been very poor in exploiting opportunities, including having a very proactive press and communications division. The last 9 months has been particularly woeful.

Maybe we were not trashed too often through previous difficult periods of different managerial regimes, but the fact that EFC has benefited from Moshiri's money (& 'friend's) and made repeated balls-ups for the last 6 years has provided ample evidence and a chance for journalists to stick the knife in. It may be argued they have every right to.

I love Everton and Evertonians, but in recent years there have been several spectator/fan incidents which have given ammo to critics and point accusing fingers. It all adds to the mix of negative reporting.

The fact that the club has been trophyless since 1995 has not given the press/TV a chance to be positive about us, just the occasional patronising pat on the head for some achievement, like winning a game.

Ultimately, the press/media will toe the line that serves their own interests. If that means kicking a wounded animal they will.

Anyway, "We don't care what the media says ...

UTFT!!!

Lampard will get preferential treatment from the media, as long as he does well we should take a bit less flack imho.
Well most of the media is controlled by the Tories, just look at the Corbyn slurs on the run up to the last election.
With Frank on board and his links to people in high places there should be a shift to some positive spin.

It seems to have been the case going back for at least 60 years, but now more common due to the explosion of social media and throw away sound bite comments. There is little doubt in my mind that the other lot absolutely milked the market thanks to Bill Shankly, he worked the media very well it has to be said and he was a darling for them. Meanwhile, much as Harry Catterick was a good (arguably great) manager he shied away from the press, somewhat dour in contrast to Shankly. At the time we were matching them and often better than them in playing terms.

In addition, for many years Everton seem to have had few people able to pull the strings on TV or in the press. I may be wrong but I think John Birt, ex big wig at Granada & then the BBC was a red, with the likes of Peter Sissons (another red) they had weekend soirees for ex Scousers who had 'made it' - mainly rs though. No doubt they pushed the rs agenda whenever possible.

Sky and BT football coverage, as we know, is littered with ex rs. Even when it's an Everton game being broadcast, how often does the panel of so called pundits (ex players) actually have an Everton connection in balancing things? While so many on Sky have no problem blurting about their own favourites, the likes of Julian Warren, a good presenter & professional, although a Blue keeps the fact a low profile unlike some.

Same with the press, it seems overloaded with rs sycophants. Those with a leaning towards EFC always tend to conceal it with moderate views.

Most of these observations obviously compare us with 'them', because the coverage is so biased. Inevitably, however, coverage is undoubtedly focused due to business (money) interest, and preserving those interests. Whether we like it or not, other clubs have bigger support numbers even if most of them are fair weather fans, hence the weighted bias towards the so-called big clubs.

Since football was re-invented in the early 90's Everton FC has been very poor in exploiting opportunities, including having a very proactive press and communications division. The last 9 months has been particularly woeful.

Maybe we were not trashed too often through previous difficult periods of different managerial regimes, but the fact that EFC has benefited from Moshiri's money (& 'friend's) and made repeated balls-ups for the last 6 years has provided ample evidence and a chance for journalists to stick the knife in. It may be argued they have every right to.

I love Everton and Evertonians, but in recent years there have been several spectator/fan incidents which have given ammo to critics and point accusing fingers. It all adds to the mix of negative reporting.

The fact that the club has been trophyless since 1995 has not given the press/TV a chance to be positive about us, just the occasional patronising pat on the head for some achievement, like winning a game.

Ultimately, the press/media will toe the line that serves their own interests. If that means kicking a wounded animal they will.

Anyway, "We don't care what the media says ...

UTFT!!!
Boss post this, like. Spot on.

He is as red as Benitez’ ball bag. Always found him to be a miserable sack of snakes shyte even before I heard he wore a Suarez is innocent tshirt to the BBC office summer BBQ

Fair enough. I just feel like he is very positive about us when we are doing well. Sleeping giants and that sort of thing. Like he seems genuinely excited to see us doing well.

Fair enough. I just feel like he is very positive about us when we are doing well. Sleeping giants and that sort of thing. Like he seems genuinely excited to see us doing well.
Head Patter mate.

I sniff a red in him anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.