The Media who cover Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no leaders, on or off the pitch. Until we do, bad decisions will ensue. We deserve everything we get.

This will hopefully be a turning point for us.

Lampard will get preferential treatment from the media, as long as he does well we should take a bit less flack imho.
Yes but it'll be all about the rise of Lampard rather than a resurgent Everton.
The stock narrative will just be tweaked.
But couldn't care less what they say - have stopped reading newspapers, watching prime time etc for a while now and won't be going back.
Besides I get all I need to know from GOT. Stuff the rest.

We haven't helped ourselves by god how many managers since moyes.we are a pantomime and the press love a pantomime

We haven't helped ourselves by god how many managers since moyes.we are a pantomime and the press love a pantomime

I expect better from the media corp who cover Everton. Many / most have connections with the club.

Something very wrong for me in that relationship. They seem to want us to fail and Everton to go back to the Kenwright 'zero cash punching above our lowly weight' era.

Patronising clowns who should be told their attitude wont be tolerated or they wont get access to our club's personnel.

We could start by not being a circus.

Then we could win something.

Until then, whatever they write is true.
No. There's something off about that lot. Something more than just covering a club that's made poor decisions. They think they can punch and punch away without any comeuppance.

I'd ban them from the club's facilities.

I expect better from the media corp who cover Everton. Many / most have connections with the club.

Something very wrong for me in that relationship. They seem to want us to fail and Everton to go back to the Kenwright 'zero cash punching above our lowly weight' era.

Patronising clowns who should be told their attitude wont be tolerated or they wont get access to our club's personnel.
Easy target, press like to kick something that's down in the dumps. Do think your spot on there dave

No. There's something off about that lot. Something more than just covering a club that's made poor decisions. They think they can punch and punch away without any comeuppance.

I'd ban them from the club's facilities.
Ah, the China approach, always knew you were a big fan.

We haven't helped ourselves with bad decisions and shocking performances time after time.
We start making some good structural decisions and building towards a solid team that can put in a good performance on the pitch and without doubt it'll change
They dont want that. They want Everton to know their place. That's at the back of it. They love pointing out how we've wated cash - it helps them sell their prejudice that we shouldn;t think big.

'EVERTON KNOW YOUR PLACE'

That;s the message.

When we did well playing attacking football under Martinez the media liked us a lot
When we were top of the league (and the singles charts) with Ancelotti and James the media liked us a lot too
When we’re a massively underperforming mess who keep switching managers and firing staff and spending millions on absolute dross the media stick the knife in - I don’t blame them either. Also check the media treatment of Arsenal early this season, Spurs around the time they fired Nuno, United when Ole went on various terrible runs, it is what it is.

We’re probably the worst performing club that people expect better from so we get the knife stuck in. When Wolves are crap, or Southampton, or West Ham, or Palace, or Brighton, nobody really expects any different so it gets ignored… I’ll be more worried when they don’t have a go when we’re crap!
Fair assessment. The only worse thing than being talked about is not being talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.