The Media who cover Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
We are badly served by those in the media who cover this club. The Echo coverage is appalling, of course. But we also have a terrible representation of the club by all the writers on the club from the Mail, Mirror, Telegraph, Guardian etc etc. About the only one's they dont go after are the players. The fans, the board, the owners, the managers...all there to be hammered by that lot.

They have the knife out for Everton and they enjoy the thrill of attacking us. They wont be too patient with this incoming manager either. I bet they cant wait for him to lose a few games.

Ok, we have been a basket case in the Moshiri era, but I doubt there's another club in the PL who gets this treatment. I have no idea how they get away with it.

I'm not sure what's to be done, but I just thought I'd throw the issue out there.

We are badly served by those in the media who cover this club. The Echo coverage is appalling, of course. But we also have a terrible representation of the club by all the writers on the club from the Mail, Mirror, Telegraph, Guardian etc etc. About the only one's they dont go after are the players. The fans, the board, the owners, the managers...all there to be hammered by that lot.

They have the knife out for Everton and they enjoy the thrill of attacking us. They wont be too patient with this incoming manager either. I bet they cant wait for him to lose a few games.

Ok, we have been a basket case in the Moshiri era, but I doubt there's another club in the PL who gets this treatment. I have no idea how they get away with it.

I'm not sure what's to be done, but I just thought I'd throw the issue out there.
We’re not Sly six, so we’re f***ed

When we did well playing attacking football under Martinez the media liked us a lot
When we were top of the league (and the singles charts) with Ancelotti and James the media liked us a lot too
When we’re a massively underperforming mess who keep switching managers and firing staff and spending millions on absolute dross the media stick the knife in - I don’t blame them either. Also check the media treatment of Arsenal early this season, Spurs around the time they fired Nuno, United when Ole went on various terrible runs, it is what it is.

We’re probably the worst performing club that people expect better from so we get the knife stuck in. When Wolves are crap, or Southampton, or West Ham, or Palace, or Brighton, nobody really expects any different so it gets ignored… I’ll be more worried when they don’t have a go when we’re crap!

Is there a worse run club in the PL?

Seen a few clips of people , including that woman player Sanderson? Criticising him. And it’s funny how when people say he struggled at the Derby, yet I don’t remember the cries of him not good enough, experienced enough for Chelsea after apparently failing at Derby.

And let’s have it right. Chelsea is a tougher job than Everton right now. I just think with Liverpool the biggest media darlings, ex players all over the place, it’s easy to constantly go against there biggest rivals
And I think they all love having a pop at is and getting gratification off the rest of them

We haven't helped ourselves with bad decisions and shocking performances time after time.
We start making some good structural decisions and building towards a solid team that can put in a good performance on the pitch and without doubt it'll change

Seen a few clips of people , including that woman player Sanderson? Criticising him. And it’s funny how when people say he struggled at the Derby, yet I don’t remember the cries of him not good enough, experienced enough for Chelsea after apparently failing at Derby.

And let’s have it right. Chelsea is a tougher job than Everton right now. I just think with Liverpool the biggest media darlings, ex players all over the place, it’s easy to constantly go against there biggest rivals
And I think they all love having a pop at is and getting gratification off the rest of them
As someone rightly said under that clip of the rikishi head, she had to start somewhere herself, someone had to give her, her break too.

Everton are a very easy team to have a pop at. We've had several periods of success but at the moment we're on our arse. There's not a lot to be positive about so it's to be expected that they're negative. Name another club in the Premier league that have had the highs and the lows of Everton in their history.
Spurs and Newcastle get a lot of negative press when they're going through their lows but neither have had the same level of success in the past.
Even after 27 years of sweet fa, the general expectation is for better things coming from Everton and they fail to deliver consistently.
Personally I think the press represent us pretty well. We're gash on and off the pitch and the press pick up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.