The Media who cover Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are badly served by those in the media who cover this club. The Echo coverage is appalling, of course. But we also have a terrible representation of the club by all the writers on the club from the Mail, Mirror, Telegraph, Guardian etc etc. About the only one's they dont go after are the players. The fans, the board, the owners, the managers...all there to be hammered by that lot.

They have the knife out for Everton and they enjoy the thrill of attacking us. They wont be too patient with this incoming manager either. I bet they cant wait for him to lose a few games.

Ok, we have been a basket case in the Moshiri era, but I doubt there's another club in the PL who gets this treatment. I have no idea how they get away with it.

I'm not sure what's to be done, but I just thought I'd throw the issue out there.
Should play this to his (Lampard) advantage, create siege mentality manager players fans against the rest media and opposition. Do love ins with fans podcast forum interviews. And be proper surly with media.

Well most of the media is controlled by the Tories, just look at the Corbyn slurs on the run up to the last election.
With Frank on board and his links to people in high places there should be a shift to some positive spin.

The Echo?, the Mirror?, the Guardian ?………..no wonder papers think we are deluded……

Should play this to his (Lampard) advantage, create siege mentality manager players fans against the rest media and opposition. Do love ins with fans podcast forum interviews. And be proper surly with media.
Some other clubs dont allow reporters other than their own club media to do press conferences / conduct interviews with players and managers.

That's what Everton should do.

I wouldn't let what the media say about Everton, the club, get to you, water off a ducks back.

People who I have never met, and never will, will say stuff, some I will read, some I won't but most (if not all) I won't care about. That incudes positive articles, it is just their opinion, nothing to get worked up about.

We are badly served by those in the media who cover this club. The Echo coverage is appalling, of course. But we also have a terrible representation of the club by all the writers on the club from the Mail, Mirror, Telegraph, Guardian etc etc. About the only one's they dont go after are the players. The fans, the board, the owners, the managers...all there to be hammered by that lot.

They have the knife out for Everton and they enjoy the thrill of attacking us. They wont be too patient with this incoming manager either. I bet they cant wait for him to lose a few games.

Ok, we have been a basket case in the Moshiri era, but I doubt there's another club in the PL who gets this treatment. I have no idea how they get away with it.

I'm not sure what's to be done, but I just thought I'd throw the issue out there.

TBF I don't think it is a specific failing with regards to us - British journalism has (with a few honourable exceptions) gone far too much down the stenography-and-sources route, obviously this is most visible in politics but it is really bad in football as well.

Benitez for example was clearly the source for a lot of hacks, so for many weeks we had them gaslight us saying we had unrealistic expectations / he knows what he is doing / what he is doing was for the best; they had to do this to keep in his good books and keep getting stories. When it became impossible to say that any more (because he got fired) its as if many of them have just discovered how badly we are run and what our league position is, which is probably not that far from the truth - they were just writing up what he said before now rather than actually examining events and honestly reporting on them.

We're largely an irrelevance in footballing terms, we make lots of noise as a basket case club.

The reporting reflects that.

We're largely an irrelevance in footballing terms, we make lots of noise as a basket case club.

The reporting reflects that.
No, it doesn't just reflect the failure at the club, it also seeks to create the image of it that it wants Everton to be. THAT is the issue here.

TBF I don't think it is a specific failing with regards to us - British journalism has (with a few honourable exceptions) gone far too much down the stenography-and-sources route, obviously this is most visible in politics but it is really bad in football as well.

Benitez for example was clearly the source for a lot of hacks, so for many weeks we had them gaslight us saying we had unrealistic expectations / he knows what he is doing / what he is doing was for the best; they had to do this to keep in his good books and keep getting stories. When it became impossible to say that any more (because he got fired) its as if many of them have just discovered how badly we are run and what our league position is, which is probably not that far from the truth - they were just writing up what he said before now rather than actually examining events and honestly reporting on them.

The support for Benitez thiugh was couched in the main theme of Everton dysfunctionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.