The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have any money to spend.

Piennars 3m plus 1m from Yak loan comes to 4m sterling.Think I added that up right.4m sterling is equal to almost 4.7m euro.Correct me if I am wrong but clubs rarely pay the full amount up front its usually paid in stages.So we are more than half way to the fee with the rest spread over 3 years.
If we cannot afford under 1m euro a year for a guy that has finished higher in the scoring charts than Loic Remy.

We are looking for a cheap striker with proven ability,why then are we not trying to sign Kevin Gameiro from Lorient.He has a great goal scoring record is only 23 and his club have accepted a 7m euro bid for him but he has not agreed personal terms.Piennars money down on him and get the lad in before he signs for Bordeaux.

If he played for Leyton Orient and cost £700 then maybe....

We are looking for a cheap striker with proven ability,why then are we not trying to sign Kevin Gameiro from Lorient.He has a great goal scoring record is only 23 and his club have accepted a 7m euro bid for him but he has not agreed personal terms.Piennars money down on him and get the lad in before he signs for Bordeaux.

Quality player Gameiro, seen him play a few times, he definetly knows where the net is.

Piennars 3m plus 1m from Yak loan comes to 4m sterling.Think I added that up right.4m sterling is equal to almost 4.7m euro.Correct me if I am wrong but clubs rarely pay the full amount up front its usually paid in stages.So we are more than half way to the fee with the rest spread over 3 years.
If we cannot afford under 1m euro a year for a guy that has finished higher in the scoring charts than Loic Remy.

Then we have his wages of no doubt about £40k per week so that's another £2m a year to add on. We don't have any money to buy players.
£4m would pay 2 players £40kpw wages, so would probably just about scrape enough for 2 loans (given the usual loan fees etc as well)

Basically it doesn't matter how good an investment is if you've got no money to invest!

your mistake is assuming that

Players Out + Cash In = Players In

Oh dear. You don't think any of this money will be put towards, I don't know, our multi-million pound debts!?

don't know if there's much truth in this, i haven't read the earlier pages either....but apparantly (ive just been told) radio merseyside said robbie keane was picked up by a black range rover at runcorn train station last night.

i personally would say no, he's way past his best.

think it would be a great LOAN move. can you give any more details? was it someone who rang in to Merseyside saying they'd seen this - or are they reporting it as news? (the former sounds more likely). Maybe he was going to the same hotel as Rasmus Elm...?

Oh dear. You don't think any of this money will be put towards, I don't know, our multi-million pound debts!?

4M wont put a dent in it.Where we finish in the league would have a far bigger impact.You seem to delight in the fact that we are skint and prefer to moan about a suggestion which would cost us under a million a year to get a quality striker.Still some people prefer to be negative and look at the glass half empty me I just prefer to be the one that gets a smaller glass.
We probably wont spend money but penny pinching will be our downfall.
If we stay with our current stikers we will struggle and spending money on loans that wont really improve the quality we have will be a waste in my book.

4M wont put a dent in it.Where we finish in the league would have a far bigger impact.You seem to delight in the fact that we are skint and prefer to moan about a suggestion which would cost us under a million a year to get a quality striker.Still some people prefer to be negative and look at the glass half empty me I just prefer to be the one that gets a smaller glass.
We probably wont spend money but penny pinching will be our downfall.
If we stay with our current stikers we will struggle and spending money on loans that wont really improve the quality we have will be a waste in my book.

We shouldnt struggle THAT much.. Beckford needs time to settle, which we cant afford to really give him at the minute.. Saha's been improving.. Cahill can do a job up front as well.. And 1 or 2 loans in the right places would give us a boost on and off the field

The only bit which confuses me though is why if we aren't going to get striker in did we get rid of the Yak?

We shouldnt struggle THAT much.. Beckford needs time to settle, which we cant afford to really give him at the minute.. Saha's been improving.. Cahill can do a job up front as well.. And 1 or 2 loans in the right places would give us a boost on and off the field

The only bit which confuses me though is why if we aren't going to get striker in did we get rid of the Yak?

Saha looked pretty good against the Hammers. His form is coming back.

Got on the wrong side of Moyes, that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.