The Joel Robles Fanboy Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we'd signed Forster before he went to Southampton and made it big

They took a gamble where others wouldn't and they'll end up with a hefty transfer fee should they ever choose to sell him now

£10m for a keeper is a gamble now!?! He's injured until next spring so its not exactly working out perfectly is it?

Jack Butland strikes me as the real bargain when he left Birmingham should have been sniffing around him the moment they looked to cash in.

When you consider that Craig Gordon cost Sunderland £9m in 2007. £10m for Foster is a snip.

How is it a snip when someone like Lloris cost less? He's a good signing and a good keeper but let's not make out he's the bargain of the year.

The 6th most expensive keeper in the history of football and he's out for most of next season is not a
Bargain.

Considering goalkeepers can win teams a huge amount of points during a season (hello De Gea) yes that's a snip considering he's young AND English AND had Champion's League experience.

Or you could point out that goalkeepers are the cheapest out of any position in football.

I'd hazard a guess that Lukaku wasn't even in the top 10 most expensive forwards in the world yet he's hammered about his fee on here.

Or you could point out that goalkeepers are the cheapest out of any position in football.

I'd hazard a guess that Lukaku wasn't even in the top 10 most expensive forwards in the world yet he's hammered about his fee on here.

But I'm not comparing the price of certain positions? I'm saying £10m for a young, experienced and very good English keeper isn't expensive. Which is isn't. Fact.

But I'm not comparing the price of certain positions? I'm saying £10m for a young, experienced and very good English keeper isn't expensive. Which is isn't. Fact.

Surely that depends on who the second most expensive English goalkeeper is, and the third, forth etc etc?

Haha He's literally the most expensive english keeper in history!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.