Diego Simeone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Buckethead

Player Valuation: £35m
On his way out at Athletico Madrid

Can organise a defence and instil a but of pride, emotion and fight.

Manager
Estudiantes La Plata

• Argentine Primera División: 2006 Torneo Apertura
River Plate

• Argentine Primera División: 2008 Torneo Clausura
Atlético Madrid

• La Liga: 2013–14
  • Copa del Rey: 2012–13
  • Supercopa de España: 2014
  • UEFA Europa League: 2011–12, 2017–18
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2012, 2018
Individual

• European Coach of the Season: 2011–12
  • La Liga Manager of the Month: October 2013, November 2015, March 2017
  • La Liga Coach of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2015–16
  • Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2013–14, 2015–16
  • IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2016

So will probably end up at Arsenal

Everton That :-(

It's difficult to know the difference between satire and the real world these days. Are you seriously thinking that Simeone would fancy coming to manage a team that has Michael Keane playing centre half and Calvert Lewin as the first choice striker?

I'm annoyed because you've made me think of Simeone and we'll end up with Phil Neville.

It's difficult to know the difference between satire and the real world these days. Are you seriously thinking that Simeone would fancy coming to manage a team that has Michael Keane playing centre half and Calvert Lewin as the first choice striker?

I'm annoyed because you've made me think of Simeone and we'll end up with Phil Neville.

To be honest, any foreign manager wanting to wet his beak in the Premier League should see us as a golden opportunity right now.

We can barely get any worse if we tried, we spend money, there's several decent players on the books... only way is up really.

Manage us for two years, get a few top half finishes, challenge for cups and suddenly you're "proven" in England.

or Gary...

My dream appointee. If only... if only...

Who is the next Diego? That's ideally the one we need to find. If we could find him, I'd be very pleased indeed. Who on earth knows who that is? If you do, contact the club asap.

Its Gallardo...ex teammates + spoken very highly of + wins trophies

To be honest, any foreign manager wanting to wet his beak in the Premier League should see us as a golden opportunity right now.

We can barely get any worse if we tried, we spend money, there's several decent players on the books... only way is up really.

Manage us for two years, get a few top half finishes, challenge for cups and suddenly you're "proven" in England.

Yeah, there's always that i guess. I just think Simeone needs strong characters and good defenders to build a mentally strong team around - we just don't have any of that at the moment and most of our players would down tools as soon as he told them to do double training.

Yeah, there's always that i guess. I just think Simeone needs strong characters and good defenders to build a mentally strong team around - we just don't have any of that at the moment and most of our players would down tools as soon as he told them to do double training.

That's exactly why we need someone like him.

I'd have Bielsa as well btw, probably more realistic too. He's a nutcase but he doesn't suffer fools and weaklings, and we have dozens of those on the books.

Not a chance in hell. If we were ever going to get him it should have been at the start of Moshiri's reign. If we had one ounce of structure and organisation at the top I'd say we might, just might, have a chance.

That's exactly why we need someone like him.

I'd have Bielsa as well btw, probably more realistic too. He's a nutcase but he doesn't suffer fools and weaklings, and we have dozens of those on the books.

Yep Bielsa would be ideal wouldn't he? he'd ship those that don't like his ways out to the reserves regardless of their price tag.

It's gone past the arm around the shoulders stuff, they all need a kick up the backside big time, and none of the managers mentioned will give them that.

On his way out at Athletico Madrid

Can organise a defence and instil a but of pride, emotion and fight.

Manager
Estudiantes La Plata

• Argentine Primera División: 2006 Torneo Apertura
River Plate

• Argentine Primera División: 2008 Torneo Clausura
Atlético Madrid

• La Liga: 2013–14
  • Copa del Rey: 2012–13
  • Supercopa de España: 2014
  • UEFA Europa League: 2011–12, 2017–18
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2012, 2018
Individual

• European Coach of the Season: 2011–12
  • La Liga Manager of the Month: October 2013, November 2015, March 2017
  • La Liga Coach of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2015–16
  • Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2013–14, 2015–16
  • IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2016

So will probably end up at Arsenal

Everton That :-(
If we don't ask him we'll never know if he'd say yes - same for anybody supposedly out of our league

Status
Not open for further replies.