The Inevitable Return Of Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
So, it's of firm and popular belief that Wayne will one day return to Everton. It is also the popular opinion that it will be when he is towards the end of his career, 34/35.

I was talking to a few mates about this and we have all said that there will be many fans who embrace his return and many fans who will have a right moan....However, If he does return he will start spouting the usual, 'This is my home, i love Everton' etc etc

Do you think his sweet talking will work on everyone and do you think whenever he does talk about Everton nowadays it's genuine or is he trying to fill in the cracks?

So, it's of firm and popular belief that Wayne will one day return to Everton. It is also the popular opinion that it will be when he is towards the end of his career, 34/35.

I was talking to a few mates about this and we have all said that there will be many fans who embrace his return and many fans who will have a right moan....However, If he does return he will start spouting the usual, 'This is my home, i love Everton' etc etc

Do you think his sweet talking will work on everyone and do you think whenever he does talk about Everton nowadays it's genuine or is he trying to fill in the cracks?

He'll be back around his 30th birthday, according to ITKs.

Regardless, if we want him back we'll have to find 200 thousand sheets a week to pay him.

He might return and it would be very nice.

But the love has gone. He could have possibly been the greatest Everton legend of all time.

Fair play he went to united, we know our place.

How boss would it have been though if he wanted to stay with us. We would have been a boss cult team like Fiorentina in their Batistuta heyday with one boss player surrounded by a few decent ones.

Heyho.

This is the only thing about Everton which makes me feel in anyway optimistic atm.

If hes comes back he comes back. Great. if he doesnt im not arsed at all.

I gave up caring about footballers a long time ago. They are just assets really nothing more.

This is the only thing about Everton which makes me feel in anyway optimistic atm.

A 35 year old Wayne Rooney coming to play out some sort of redemption? I'd rather we kept our pride and blooded some youth players instead.

A 35 year old Wayne Rooney coming to play out some sort of redemption? I'd rather we kept our pride and blooded some youth players instead.

He won't be 35 and he's got nothing to redeem. He was a young lad who had agents whispering in his ear and he took the decision of going to a club where he would proceed to score an incredible amount of goals and win pretty much all there is to win.

He'll always be an Evertonian, and selling him gave us £20m without which we would have been much closer to the bottom half of the table than we are now.

He might return and it would be very nice.

But the love has gone. He could have possibly been the greatest Everton legend of all time.

Fair play he went to united, we know our place.

How boss would it have been though if he wanted to stay with us. We would have been a boss cult team like Fiorentina in their Batistuta heyday with one boss player surrounded by a few decent ones.

Heyho.

Manchester United

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (3): 2007, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Hes never won the FA Cup tho, maybe he will come and win it with us.

One of my biggest hopes in football is that when he deems himself fit to return to what he thinks is his 'home' we have no need for him whatsoever and we have boss players in his position.

It's unlikely but a group of Quatari's or the like and our situation changes instantly.

The only way I'd have accpeted him back was if he came back on the right side of 30 having ran down his last Man Utd contract. We all know he'd never do that.

One of my biggest hopes in football is that when he deems himself fit to return to what he thinks is his 'home' we have no need for him whatsoever and we have boss players in his position.

It's unlikely but a group of Quatari's or the like and our situation changes instantly.

The only way I'd have accpeted him back was if he came back on the right side of 30 having ran down his last Man Utd contract. We all know he'd never do that.

That's exactly what he is going to do, according to ITKs and family members.

wow wish i could see what would happen in 2015 that would be great,

Having him back just because he supports us is a no no, he needs to be a player who can still offer us something. His wages will be a big stumbling block if you think otherwise then i personally think your deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.