The Foreign boys support....

Status
Not open for further replies.
With FSC, ESPN, Setanta as part of my cable tv and the arrival of that new channel Fox Soccer Plus, I hope to always continue getting to see Everton live or delayed each weekend.

I also hope to get to attend my first match in September 2010 if all works out and I can make it up there as part of my trip to Germany and the UK.;)

I remember Osmo from Toffeenet and the days of watching someone commentate the match on IRC, before the advent of streams. Them were the days...
Yeah, that was something...

I'm, btw, just listening to a program hosted by Osmo on YLE (Finnish Broadcasting Company) about prog rock.

Its frustrating living away from Everton though, spending an hour before the game trying to find a stream, snaping up absolutley anything with the Everton brand on it. Not being able to get to as many games, as you like and droping over a hundread quid a month in the hope that, Sky, Setanta or Espn may have us on every second week.

I was brought up a blue in Dublin and we're thin on the ground, , my Dad and all his family and his Dad before where all blues. In our family it stems from relations emigrating to Liverpool from here probably 3 or 4 generations ago - they all became Blues and on visits over and back over the decades my family all beacme blues and its been past on through the generations.

I had it bad though, in my early twenties when i started to work and earn a bit of money, i got two season tickets every year one for Goodison and one for Parkhead. Every weekend until i was about 25 i was either in Liverpool or Glasgow, must have spent tens of thousands over the years. These days im lucky to get over about 6 or 7 times a year. Ill be over for the Sunderland game on Weds with my Dad.

I was watching fever pitch the other night with my grilfriend and she reckons if she can get me to the same level as the bloke in that film she will be happy.

Still reckon the club could do a lot for international fans - to help them access games etc, its pretty poor to be honest, i dont know if anyone else would agree.

Last edited:
Hang on with me for this one....

See it's really easy for me to support Everton. Why.? Because i live 5 miles from the ground. I go to most games hame&away. I hear all the rumors i live in the middle of it all. On saturdays i walk round the ground and soak up the atmosphear. I get to go in the pubs and meet all other othre Evertonians and talk about the game. Then at work it's mainley blues so i talk Everton 24/7......

Can you see were im going with this.....

So i come to the lad from far foreign shores. To be honest i dont know how you do it. And im not talking about the few who have just started suppoeting because of Landon arrival. Just to name a few.....Tx, DT, Neiler, Dylan, Mcbain (sorry if i missed you out) who might not have been born blue but saw the light and got the calling somtime in there lives. It must be so hard not to be involved like i am. Never to have seen Goodison to smell the air on match day or see Big Dunc smash one with his head and run to the Gwlady. Never to have been under the Gwlady at half time and sang lets go Fu*king mental and have beer thrown all over you. To never walk up the stairs and see the green grass on a sunny day and the boys walming up is unconcevable to me. I take it all for granted i know that.

We Evertonians are a special breed. But you boys in my eyes are the iceing on the cake. You have decided not to follow a sky4 club. but a proper club. and you are as much a blue as any one who go's the game. Infact you dedecation is beyond what i have to do. Following Everton is'nt easy at the best of times and its twice as hard for you lot......

I Applaud you all

stands & claps**

My boy , though born here , has grown up a Geordie . He is a mad , tatooed up blue . Hoewever , he's got me , I suppose . His two cousins , though , did not have me as a Da' . A blue role model , yes .
Yet the two of them are as mad keen as anyone I went with 30 years ago .
The lad who sits with me is from Blackburn . Him and his 2 lads . We are in our 18th year of sitting together .
The lad to my right is from Derby . Him , lad , and wheelchair bound dad whom , - though can sit in a seat , but needs chair to get in / out - again , turn up every week .
I get that we're Scousers . First , however , we are Evertonians .
More power to us .

Hang on with me for this one....

See it's really easy for me to support Everton. Why.? Because i live 5 miles from the ground. I go to most games hame&away. I hear all the rumors i live in the middle of it all. On saturdays i walk round the ground and soak up the atmosphear. I get to go in the pubs and meet all other othre Evertonians and talk about the game. Then at work it's mainley blues so i talk Everton 24/7......

Can you see were im going with this.....

So i come to the lad from far foreign shores. To be honest i dont know how you do it. And im not talking about the few who have just started suppoeting because of Landon arrival. Just to name a few.....Tx, DT, Neiler, Dylan, Mcbain (sorry if i missed you out) who might not have been born blue but saw the light and got the calling somtime in there lives. It must be so hard not to be involved like i am. Never to have seen Goodison to smell the air on match day or see Big Dunc smash one with his head and run to the Gwlady. Never to have been under the Gwlady at half time and sang lets go Fu*king mental and have beer thrown all over you. To never walk up the stairs and see the green grass on a sunny day and the boys walming up is unconcevable to me. I take it all for granted i know that.

We Evertonians are a special breed. But you boys in my eyes are the iceing on the cake. You have decided not to follow a sky4 club. but a proper club. and you are as much a blue as any one who go's the game. Infact you dedecation is beyond what i have to do. Following Everton is'nt easy at the best of times and its twice as hard for you lot......

I Applaud you all

stands & claps**

Sharpy we have similar

Especially the Cockney Reds followed us through thick and thin in the eighties when we were [Poor language removed]

Its not where your from its where your at ( Ian Brown)

;)

I honestly have liked futbol since I was a kid, but i never really got into it. Until late in 2008 I just decided to see what it was like to be a fan, not just from time to time but to get really into it. I first watched the Prem and I dont know but for some reason Everton stood out out of the whole league. I remember we were 7th place when i first saw them, and my first game that i saw was against Chelsea in Jan 2009. After all that I never looked back and I just really do love this club. I love how its ran and I like the fact that were not the subject of a takeover at the moment, even though I would like to see it happen, but you know for obvious reasons. Takeovers can damage a club. I guess with the club colors being Blue and White like my country has, It helped in a way hehe.

Shout out to all the Latino Everton fans out there :)
and yes screw the big 4.

I wonder if half of Brazil follows Norwich City. :oops:

Be thankful you didn't get to witness the Walker and Smith era, missed some good times though, what time is it in El Salvador now, id' hazard a guess at 1.30 or something, that's what it is in Rio now.

Great post Sharpy.

I've been one of the lucky few from this side of the pond I'm guessing who's actually had the chance to witness Everton at Goodison.

Everton vs. Spurs, Good Friday, 2004. The following Tuesday, Leeds United vs. Everton at Elland Road.

I will never forget it and I'm hoping I can get back soon.

Nice one Sharpy. ;)

I, regrettably, have only ever seen Everton play twice live. Once, at Goodison when we beat Chelsea 1-0 in 1973 & once when they toured Oz & played an exhibition match here in Melbourne. That was in the 80's.

I was at Goodison, out of season, when I attended "me Grandma's" funeral in 2008. They wouldn't let me into the stands to have a gander though. (n)

The reason I follow Everton is because "me Grandad" did. My Scouser half of the family has, unfortunately, inbred with RS supporters & there's an even mix down the middle now. I stay true to my Grandad, to honour him & follow the best team on Merseyside. Following Everton is easy really...look at the alternative!

I cannot watch Everton live as it's all on Pay TV here, but I can watch them occasionally over the Interwebby thing. I follow the forums & a number of other sites...hell, I even bought the away kit for this season!!!

I look around at kids wearing the "big 4" kits & wonder if they are true believers, or if it's just fashion to them. I wear my kit with pride...fashion be damned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.