The fate of Samuel Allardyce

What does the future hold for Mr Allardyce?

• Contract extension

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Completes his current contract

Votes: 48 12.1%
  • Leaves by mutual consent at the end of the season

Votes: 298 75.1%
  • Sacked before the end of the season

Votes: 31 7.8%
  • Cheese on toast (pint of gravy on the side)

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...the advantage of acquiring somebody ASAP, is that they will have a full transfer window to manage.

deals are normally rushed thro after the World Cup at highly inflated prices, cos player 'x' scored a worldy against Uganda

...the advantage of acquiring somebody ASAP, is that they will have a full transfer window to manage.
That's why we need the D of F ASAP. He can evaluate the team and try to find the right manager before the window.

That's why we need the D of F ASAP. He can evaluate the team and try to find the right manager before the window.

..agree. The unknown is whether Moshiri has already done the legwork in appointing somebody otherwise we are likely to see further considerable waste of monies.

If we are to get a new manager, and I sincerely hope that we are, then this is critical. We can't afford yet another wasted transfer window coupled with a disjointed pre-season.

His best case scenario is he leaves by mutual consent with a big pay off (rest of his contract) at the end of the season and will have another feather in his cap for this time rescuing a club that didn't actually ever need rescuing. It could also possibly end up being sooner if we have some diabolical results such as not just being gracefully beaten but being trounced and embarrassed in the next 2 home games.

Either way, there are only 7 games left maximum with him in charge now thankfully. Watching him and his band of overpaid merry men leave or get sacked will at least finish this season on a high for me. Not been that many.

Last edited:
I've voted for 'leaves by mutual consent' but I think I'm just trying to reassure myself that this nightmare can't go on for much longer. Very scary time.

Status
Not open for further replies.