The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets swap bank account codes. You first;). Na honestly i dont think we can get near top 6 without a 20 goal a season front man. A lad who can score against and be the difference between us and the current top 6. Rem we have thursday night footie. Takes it toll on players like last week. Injuries will increase. This cannot be used as an excuse come may by our club. Investment in 2/3 more top players was need to push for top 6.

I've said in another the thread that the striker issue is a real issue, relying on Rooney is going to be tough, Sandro may or may not adapt and DCL is still young plus he's played a lot of football over the past months.

We have depth to rotate now, so those crappy home games in EL cup and some in the Europa who can play almost a second string midfield to rest.

iMO there is nobody below us who come close to our squad, talent and depth. But it's all about building a better one. We're 7th (let's say) come xmas and we add a striker, half decent one and we finish the season in 6th. Come the summer theholes that need filling aren't as big.

We have a strong foundation to now build on, preferably this ideally would have been last year but had a massive balls up.

We had a lot of tosh, and still do, that needed to be shipped out and replaced. So instead of brining Cleverly off the bench we can now turn to a Klassan, or a lookman, or Sandro.

No I'm not, not once have I said that. I'm a realist so go look through all my posts on Moshiri.

He was never here to be a cash cow and throw money at us, anyone who believed that from the start was a deluded fool.

He's a businessman who sole job is to restructure the business and drive it forward so it can stand on its own 2 feet. Ensuring all possible sources of revenue are exploited and we get our cut of the massive money pie.

If your upset because you had this grand idea that he was personally launching hundred of millions of his own cash, to rival PSG/city/chelsea, then that's your issue and you need to deal with that. Lashing out at others who had a better understanding of the scenario is pretty fruitless

Wasn't it Moshiri that spouted along the lines that money for players for us to challenge would be available..... that it won't be a problem?

Kenwright could of said that. It's sell to buy and you're not challenging with that model.

The man is a 'kin fraud and he's had us all bent over a barrel. I pulled my kecks up last summer after deadline day. The majority did the same today.

Wasn't it Moshiri that spouted along the lines that money for players for us to challenge would be available..... that it won't be a problem?

Kenwright could of said that. It's sell to buy and you're not challenging with that model.

The man is a 'kin fraud and he's had us all bent over a barrel. I pulled my kecks up last summer after deadline day. The majority did the same today.

You've just proved you fall into the latter category, obsessing over something that was never going to happen.

Start a protest

Late to this, but reading through, you seem convinced that we didnt sign this Jimenez fella cos Ross wet his pants passing the M25.

Remind me; who did we sell to lob £45m at Swansea? Cos by my reckoning, Roms wedge was spent 5 weeks before that.

In case you missed it.

Ha ha

By the time Barkley's treadmill stopped working, it was around 9/10 pm UK time.

Just so happens that also around that time rumours of Raul Jimenez were surfacing. How much ? Yep it was quoted as 35 million, exactly what we were getting for Barkley. It's absolutely laughable.

Barkley jumped off his treadmill, Jimenez pilot did a U turn near John Lennon. Pathetic.

McCarthy/Mirallas being sold in January would then equalize the expenditure/incoming.

Nothing has changed. As said.... the difference is that with Moshiri, we've now got some comfort in that we can wait until the next window before recouping the millions paid.

Moshiri. File him next to kenwright/Johnson in the Utter bollocks cabinet.

So you want us to keep the players we do not want/don't want to be here to justify a net spend. Would you rather they go for free and we just buy players?
We have a net spend of around £60m despite selling one of our 'do not want to be here' players for up to £95m.
I don't understand the argument but I do understand an agenda.

Late to this, but reading through, you seem convinced that we didnt sign this Jimenez fella cos Ross wet his pants passing the M25.

Remind me; who did we sell to lob £45m at Swansea? Cos by my reckoning, Roms wedge was spent 5 weeks before that.

Moshiri already knows he'll recoup a chunk from deadwood being punted on. McCarthy, Mirallas, Niasse in this market will see us easily 40 million.

The window he goes out and spunks 100-150 million on players, on top of what we've got, is the window where I will believe we'll finally challenge.

But we won't because he's banking on the young lads progressing in the coming years. Then sold for massive profit, funding our next generation.

Water through a colander. Best of the rest and being content.

So you want us to keep the players we do not want/don't want to be here to justify a net spend. Would you rather they go for free and we just buy players?
We have a net spend of around £60m despite selling one of our 'do not want to be here' players for up to £95m.
I don't understand the argument but I do understand an agenda.

You're missing the point.

Moshiri is NOT spending money. Quit saying ' but he spent over 150 million mate '.

He hasn't. It's false.

Isn't it a such a coincidence though that Barkley was as far as conducting a medical last night.... a fee reporting to be around 35 million. Which would balance out your expenditure/incoming.

Niasse/Vlasic also cancels each other out.

We will probably see all this come fruit in January.

McCarthy/Mirallas will be punted on and that's our striker fund.
So you would rather keep Barkley, Niasse, McCarthy and Mirallas, let them run their contracts down and then leave on a free? That doesn't seem a very intelligent way to run a football club.

Moshiri already knows he'll recoup a chunk from deadwood being punted on. McCarthy, Mirallas, Niasse in this market will see us easily 40 million.

The window he goes out and spunks 100-150 million on players, on top of what we've got, is the window where I will believe we'll finally challenge.

But we won't because he's banking on the young lads progressing in the coming years. Then sold for massive profit, funding our next generation.

Water through a colander. Best of the rest and being content.

So sell to buy but we actually buy before we sell then?

Ok.

Im going on the simple buy spend first team squad. Not including the expenditure of the ladies team the millions upon millions we receive from tv.

Ok if we keep to the first team figures you still probably have to factor in tax and agents fees. That probably means the headline figures are probably a bit more when it comes to what we pay out and a bit less to what we actually make in sales.

I'm not blissfully pleased with the situation but what my biggest gripe is we could spend £100 million more on players and we would probably end up in the same league position because that's the talent pool we are able to buy from at the moment. A lot of people can't see that here, it would be a waste to blow more just for the sake of it. I would have liked a striker like Benteke, but then that curtails the growth of players like DCL, Lookman and probably even Sandro. We complain we don't buy but we also complain when others aren't given an opportunity.

You're missing the point.

Moshiri is NOT spending money. Quit saying ' but he spent over 150 million mate '.

He hasn't. It's false.

How have we got a £50m - £60m net spend then.

You bring players in basically to replace players gone or going you don't stock pile them all. It's shameful we are getting money for players going we should give them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.