The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a such a coincidence though that Barkley was as far as conducting a medical last night.... a fee reporting to be around 35 million. Which would balance out your expenditure/incoming.

Niasse/Vlasic also cancels each other out.

We will probably see all this come fruit in January.

McCarthy/Mirallas will be punted on and that's our striker fund.

By that token what about the bid we made for sanchez? That would have kept the net the same.

By that token what about the bid we made for sanchez? That would have kept the net the same.

Sanchez ?

Anyway, I've already explained it in my post you quoted. McCarthy/mirallas are very likely to be punted on. Most probably in January and that recoups anything we would spend on a striker coming in.

Bottom line is this. It's the exact same business model as Kenwright. The only difference this time is that with Moshiri we a bit of comfort in that we can go a few months before recouping those millions in the next window.

Nothing has changed

Last edited:
I think I'm going to wait and see if the proposed stadium move goes down in flames before I label the man a fraud as many appear to have done already. That is the number one priority for this club and if he delivers on that then I'm perfectly happy to write off this deadline day as just one of those things.

Isn't it a such a coincidence though that Barkley was as far as conducting a medical last night.... a fee reporting to be around 35 million. Which would balance out your expenditure/incoming.

Niasse/Vlasic also cancels each other out.

We will probably see all this come fruit in January.

McCarthy/Mirallas will be punted on and that's our striker fund.

Ok, let's look at this objectively. Ross Barkley has refused to sign a contract and has informed the club he wants to leave. So you're advocating keeping himand letting him leave for nothing just for the sake of a net spend figure.

Secondly I think you're missing a glaringly obvious issue with Niasse, apart from the fact he hasn't gone, got told he's not good enough for us. So again you're advocating keeping him for the sake of net spend.

McGeady, Gibson, Oviedo, Cleverly, Kone all gone but replaced by far better players.

Mirallas, Lennon, possibly McCarthy, Robles, Tanji the Swiss lad will all be moved on because they offer nothing on a consistent basis and should rightly be moved on (McCarthy because of his injury record). That's nothing to do with "balancing the books" that's called having a team that's relevant.

Because he is mates with Jim White. Doing his mate a favour.

I didn't see anything wrong with it. I would have preferred it to take place after the window had shut as opposed to with twenty minutes to go but whatever.

We have PR people mate to put out statements etc , no need for Moshiri to be ringing sky up and having a chinwag with his bezzy mate about the goings on at the club.

Ok, let's look at this objectively. Ross Barkley has refused to sign a contract and has informed the club he wants to leave. So you're advocating keeping himand letting him leave for nothing just for the sake of a net spend figure.

Secondly I think you're missing a glaringly obvious issue with Niasse, apart from the fact he hasn't gone, got told he's not good enough for us. So again you're advocating keeping him for the sake of net spend.

McGeady, Gibson, Oviedo, Cleverly, Kone all gone but replaced by far better players.

Mirallas, Lennon, possibly McCarthy, Robles, Tanji the Swiss lad will all be moved on because they offer nothing on a consistent basis and should rightly be moved on (McCarthy because of his injury record). That's nothing to do with "balancing the books" that's called having a team that's relevant.

Nope I'm not.

Moshiri simply knows that whatever gets lashed out on players, the deadwood will balance it out when sold.

The day this liar whips out his own personal cheque book and lashes a massive chunk of his money, on top of what we've currently got in our squad, is the day the majority admit we were wrong.

Three full windows and YET to spend any significant money of his own. The only reason your expenditure reads 33 million is because Barkley jumped off treadmill last night. Moshiri and Everton expected Barkley to be a Chelsea player today.

Three full windows. !!

Like I said. Your argument is getting weaker by the day and a lot of Evertonians heads have been turned this morning.

Nope I'm not.

Moshiri simply knows that whatever gets lashed out on players, the deadwood will balance it out when sold.

The day this liar whips out his own personal cheque book and lashes a massive chunk of his money, on top of what we've currently got in our squad, is the day the majority admit we were wrong.

Three full windows and YET to spend any significant money of his own. The only reason your expenditure reads 33 million is because Barkley jumped off treadmill last night. Moshiri and Everton expected Barkley to be a Chelsea player today.

Three full windows. !!

Like I said. Your argument is getting weaker by the day and a lot of Evertonians heads have been turned this morning.

Yes you are, you want to keep all the deadwood in our squad because otherwise we may have a smaller net spend

If you're this concerned then do something about it, start a protest and let the voices of all these Evertonians be heard.

I'll wait with anticipation.

Nope I'm not.

Three full windows. !!

Why do you assume you are the majority? Based on the number of posters on here? Do me a favour.

Ok lids, quick maths lesson

Over 3 windows
Expenditure: £183,900,000
Income: 150,100,00

Net Expenditure: £33,800,000

Of that £150m one player alone account for 2/3rds. Every club apart from City, Utd and Paris trade players. Chelsea even have a model in place. The fume is aimed solely at the striker issue, nothing else

Ok lid!!! Did you include the 35 mil that mosh was due to get last night after agreement with chelsea like i stated above. You also failed to include moshs promise to invest in the team. If he got his agreed 35 last night he would be making a profit no? A profit after 3 windows. Great squad investment there. Maybe your content for everton to remain outside top 6. I am not and believe this lad has not delievered on his promises to drive us to champions league challengers. We are further away now than this time last year. If you doubt that then correct me when i say we will be outside top 6 not to mind challenging for top 4 next may.

The only reason your expenditure reads 33 million is because Barkley jumped off treadmill last night. Moshiri and Everton expected Barkley to be a Chelsea player today.

Ridiculous comment really since our money was already spent regardless Barkley going or not... so clearly Barkley leaving wasn't a requirement for us to spend money. We don't know what happens if the Barkley transfer goes through yesterday, we might have spent another £30m, so pointless to talk about really.

We are not in a position to attract the type of players that would give us a huge negative net spend. It's not like the most expensive players in the world are lining up to play for Everton in the Europa League.

I'd caution against interpreting the net spend thing as a business model, and more of a reality of the situation we are in. We need to find a way to break into the top 4 before that would be a gripe of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.