The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely intrigued as to what will happen this Summer if we stay up.

We'd need to invest in players that Dyche (not Thelwell, Moshiri or Kenwright) identifies and ensure we have a squad that isn't threatened with relegation again. I just don't know if that's possible though. The Board are a complete bunch of incompetent nitwits who had almost certainly accepted relegation during the January transfer window.

I hope Premier League status and our last season at one of World Football's most historic old grounds plus BMD just one year away = strong enough bids from serious, competent football-focused investors who can send Moshiri and Kenwright packing pronto.

And yet it’s been 7 years and he hasn’t overhauled the board, so this particular pronouncement seems to be accurate.
Just because it hasn't happened yet is no evidence that it won't.

To call you no fan of Moshiri would be an understatement. So to see you argue that his word is reliable is surprisingly incongruous.

I believe him when he says he has no intention of removing the current board yes, because hard evidence backs that up.
It's true until it's not though, isn't it?

Up until the recent unrest, he'll have believed all the guff Bill has wafted up his nostrils about the fans loving him, about him being the world's greatest Evertonian and the only man to oversee the running of the club.

Moshiri has shown with managerial changes that he moves when the fans move. And the fans are moving against the board.

I suspect the only reason he hasn't yet acted is because he wants to project stability to would-be investors.

I think he's waiting to see if he can get his minority investment sorted, and then the board can be reformulated under the guise of the new investors needing representation.

I am absolutely intrigued as to what will happen this Summer if we stay up.

We'd need to invest in players that Dyche (not Thelwell, Moshiri or Kenwright) identifies and ensure we have a squad that isn't threatened with relegation again. I just don't know if that's possible though. The Board are a complete bunch of incompetent nitwits who had almost certainly accepted relegation during the January transfer window.

I hope Premier League status and our last season at one of World Football's most historic old grounds plus BMD just one year away = strong enough bids from serious, competent football-focused investors who can send Moshiri and Kenwright packing pronto.

The thing is that the new investor - as you are suggesting - needs to 'get' everything - the history, the future, the need to be modern and promote Everton but still use the history as a way of attracting attention and investors, AND players...it's all tied together. I'm not trying to be one of those fans who thinks I can pick the team and do a better job...(ahem, apart from maybe 5 of our last 7 managers) but definitely in the running of the club, there are things which do not cost anything which could have projected our club further. The Everton story is definitely worth investment, and the fact we haven't had it says a lot

Straight yes or no, are you a Farhad Moshiri fan boy?
Only in your tiny brain does this notion exist, for the simple reason that like most others I am a critic of your beloved.

As I have said before, Moshiri's ownership of Everton has been disastrous and he needs to sell up as soon as possible - I can't be clearer than that.

for doing what.
Selling Rooney,
screwing up a couple of stadium moves
failing to back his manager
letting goodison fall in to disrepair
Working out a deal with a terrible owner?
1999 to 2015 is the bleakest period in Everton's history.
Buying the club off Johnson and keeping it solid in the Premier League, 45m is about right.
How much do you think Usmanov and Moshiri plan to earn from us?

It's true until it's not though, isn't it?

Up until the recent unrest, he'll have believed all the guff Bill has wafted up his nostrils about the fans loving him, about him being the world's greatest Evertonian and the only man to oversee the running of the club.

Moshiri has shown with managerial changes that he moves when the fans move. And the fans are moving against the board.

I suspect the only reason he hasn't yet acted is because he wants to project stability to would-be investors.

I think he's waiting to see if he can get his minority investment sorted, and then the board can be reformulated under the guise of the new investors needing representation.
I agree to a point and can see both opinions as valid. I’m sure FM kept BK in place as 1) Bill has fed him a load of tosh around his links to the club and the local angle which FM referenced a few months ago and 2) it was convenient for him to keep him in place but after the last three months you would hope the veil has been lifted through the performance and the protests and this may act as a catalyst for change or at least dilution of the current board‘s membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.