The Everton Board Thread

The list of underwhelming american owners is as long as an elephants phallus. I would also argue that the sport started to go down hill as it became Americanised in the mid 00's+

Our only chance of success is Middle Eastern ownership - thats the golden ticket not a few wolf of wall street types looking to make a quick buck on a struggling asset.
I shouldn't.... but,
how did the sport become Americanised in the mid '00s
Like what the actual hell are you talking about.
Arsenal are top of the league with american owners, Owners who saw fit to run Moshiri and Usmanov out of their club.
And FSG, though those idiots protest, have done a very good job with mess of a club.
Even Khan at Fulham is doing great.
Half the top 10 are US owned. None of the bottom 10 are.

I shouldn't.... but,
how did the sport become Americanised in the mid '00s
Like what the actual hell are you talking about.
Arsenal are top of the league with american owners, Owners who saw fit to run Moshiri and Usmanov out of their club.
And FSG, though those idiots protest, have done a very good job with mess of a club.
Even Khan at Fulham is doing great.
Half the top 10 are US owned. None of the bottom 10 are.

Arsenal went from being a regular title winning team to one struggling to get top 6 under Kroenke for all but this season man lol

FSG lucked out on Klopp who lets be honest if he didnt have the best doping team in the game they'll have been chased out the city by their fanbase except that the Kloppozade has turned players like Milner and Henderson into all conquering CL winning players.

Khan took Fulham down after spending £100 millions one summer - Moshiri would be absolutely hammered if we were relegated on his watch. Lerner - relegation, Short - relegation, Glazers - leverage buyout, Hicks + Gillette - nearly sunk the RS, Burnley owners - relegation & leverage buyout. Even this Todd Boehly character at Chelsea seems to be an absolute fool and is taking them backwards at an alarming rate.

Arsenal went from being a regular title winning team to one struggling to get top 6 under Kroenke for all but this season man lol

FSG lucked out on Klopp who lets be honest if he didnt have the best doping team in the game they'll have been chased out the city by their fanbase except that the Kloppozade has turned players like Milner and Henderson into all conquering CL winning players.

Khan took Fulham down after spending £100 millions one summer - Moshiri would be absolutely hammered if we were relegated on his watch. Lerner - relegation, Short - relegation, Glazers - leverage buyout, Hicks + Gillette - nearly sunk the RS, Burnley owners - relegation & leverage buyout. Even this Todd Boehly character at Chelsea seems to be an absolute fool and is taking them backwards at an alarming rate.

Nice to see you finally acknowledge that Moshiri belongs in the company of those owners if we’re relegated.

Of course there are some duds there and who knows what Boehly will turn out like
But the fact that you think FSG lucked out with Klopp kinda ends it.
I hate that they own LFC but they know what they're doing.
If you want what newcastle and city have, fine, but the trophy club middle eastern take over will be far more harmful to football in the long run than Randy bloody lerner.

Of course there are some duds there and who knows what Boehly will turn out like
But the fact that you think FSG lucked out with Klopp kinda ends it.
I hate that they own LFC but they know what they're doing.
If you want what newcastle and city have, fine, but the trophy club middle eastern take over will be far more harmful to football in the long run than Randy bloody lerner.

I do think FSG have done a decent job but like Kenwright/Moyes much of that success has been down to Klopp. It's easy to forget that pre Klopp FSG made bonker appointment in Kenny Dogleash and overseen just as many dodgy signings as the latter good ones.

The reality is whoever owns a big 6 side will be successful at some stage - their revenue streams + FFP give them a glass ceiling ahead of the rest.

You look at the clubs outside of the "at the time elite" who've won stuff and they're predominantly owned by Eastern owners:

Leicester - Thai
Chelsea - Russian
Man City - Middle Eastern
PSG - Middle Eastern

Newcastle will inevitably also be up there long term. Wolves whilst having dropped in recent seasons due to FFP/injuries have been transformed under Chinese ownership.

Eastern owners view/operate football differently to US owners do who see soccer/franchise rather than football/tribal.

Eastern owners view/operate football differently to US owners do who see soccer/franchise rather than football/tribal.
US owners see it as a business, they see the bottom line. That can be good or bad.
For a club as poorly run as Everton, that kind of ownership might make sense.
The numbers are there for Everton to be a successful business in the PL
The alternative is sports washing.

US owners see it as a business, they see the bottom line. That can be good or bad.
For a club as poorly run as Everton, that kind of ownership might make sense.
The numbers are there for Everton to be a successful business in the PL
The alternative is sports washing.

But the fanbase do not tho - and thats ultimately the issue because at some stage if the owners are only spending what the club makes whilst doubling season ticket prices and talking to arch rival club US owners on the sly about super leagues etc. the natives start getting restless.

EFC fans will always want ambition in the long run - 7th wasn't good enough under Moyes eventually when we got used to safety after the 90's. Same way that I feel the fans may talk about wanting just "stability" now after recent events but a few seasons of 13th and inevitably they will start wanting more and I dont think many US owners are prepared/able to offer us that.

Even Moshiri for all his faults will leave us with one of the best stadiums in Europe as a legacy - meanwhile moneybags Utd have urine seeping through the floor at an Old Trafford falling to pieces as the Glazers as you say solely count the pennies.

But the fanbase do not tho - and thats ultimately the issue because at some stage if the owners are only spending what the club makes whilst doubling season ticket prices and talking to arch rival club US owners on the sly about super leagues etc. the natives start getting restless.

EFC fans will always want ambition in the long run - 7th wasn't good enough under Moyes eventually when we got used to safety after the 90's. Same way that I feel the fans may talk about wanting just "stability" now after recent events but a few seasons of 13th and inevitably they will start wanting more and I dont think many US owners are prepared/able to offer us that.

Even Moshiri for all his faults will leave us with one of the best stadiums in Europe as a legacy - meanwhile moneybags Utd have urine seeping through the floor at an Old Trafford falling to pieces as the Glazers as you say solely count the pennies.
As you said looking at united. Will cost the new owners over 6 billion to buy the club. Then then have to refurbish the stadium and the training ground. Then buy players. Yes it’s united who are far bigger attraction than us hate to admit it, but a potential new owner could buy us for 500 million, have a state of the art stadium and training ground already in place. Few tweaks at the board room level, meaning whole new board and fund a few player transfers and still be under a billion pound cost. Dreamland I am in I know.

As you said looking at united. Will cost the new owners over 6 billion to buy the club. Then then have to refurbish the stadium and the training ground. Then buy players. Yes it’s united who are far bigger attraction than us hate to admit it, but a potential new owner could buy us for 500 million, have a state of the art stadium and training ground already in place. Few tweaks at the board room level, meaning whole new board and fund a few player transfers and still be under a billion pound cost. Dreamland I am in I know.