The Everton Board Thread

We need huge sweeping changes from top to bottom but the people at the top of the club know nothing about football. The stadium is priority and that is never a recipe for success at a football club. If the priority is anything other than winning the next football match, then you will never see success

We need fundamental changes and people with a hunger to succeed but the appointment of Benitez was the final evidence that the boards ambitions do not match our ambitions as supporters.
Moshiri needs to be locked away in his office with a pencil and a calculator as he knows SFA about football. The other directors I would give an ultimatum to shape up, or shove off.
Likewise I would task every person at every level, be it Scouting, Coaching, Training, Medical etc; etc; to produce a workable and sustainable plan to improve all aspects of their remit within a specified time frame. Also to propose recommendations on how to interface with all levels within the club. Or go. Time to turn the wick up and sort out the jokers.
To be honest, yesterday's result and performance has been greeted with an air of relevant acceptance, such is the ingrained mindset this Board has driven many fans to accept. An 'expected' loss anybody.
That result should be greeted with burning torches and pitchforks and a bombardment of Finch Farm as it was such an unacceptable disgrace.
I do expect a reaction from the team though, but it has taken too long and has sucked the energy of every fan for too long now, but, thankfully, not their loyalty, but even that hangs by a thread in many cases.
Lest not forget, we poached Harry Catterick from Sheffield Wednesday almost sixty years ago as he felt that their Chairman was more interested in developing their stadium than actually investing correctly in the team. Sound familiar?
Time to act is now.

Moshiri needs to be locked away in his office with a pencil and a calculator as he knows SFA about football. The other directors I would give an ultimatum to shape up, or shove off.
Likewise I would task every person at every level, be it Scouting, Coaching, Training, Medical etc; etc; to produce a workable and sustainable plan to improve all aspects of their remit within a specified time frame. Also to propose recommendations on how to interface with all levels within the club. Or go. Time to turn the wick up and sort out the jokers.
To be honest, yesterday's result and performance has been greeted with an air of relevant acceptance, such is the ingrained mindset this Board has driven many fans to accept. An 'expected' loss anybody.
That result should be greeted with burning torches and pitchforks and a bombardment of Finch Farm as it was such an unacceptable disgrace.
I do expect a reaction from the team though, but it has taken too long and has sucked the energy of every fan for too long now, but, thankfully, not their loyalty, but even that hangs by a thread in many cases.
Lest not forget, we poached Harry Catterick from Sheffield Wednesday almost sixty years ago as he felt that their Chairman was more interested in developing their stadium than actually investing correctly in the team. Sound familiar?
Time to act is now.

shall we get the barcodes to come and chant for us? - everton fans won’t chant moshiri out or even boo him.

Never knew Prof. DBB was honorary title. That's embarrassing.
Its not ...she studied at Manchester Business School/UMIST, under Professor Cary Cooper. My wife was his secretary at the time. A Professorship is an award which is granted for a high level of excellence in your chosen course. Prof DBB was an excellent earner of her Professorship. She has been head hunted by many top international firms and it will be a sad day when we eventually lose her to one of the top international jobs.

Its not ...she studied at Manchester Business School/UMIST, under Professor Cary Cooper. My wife was his secretary at the time. A Professorship is an award which is granted for a high level of excellence in your chosen course. Prof DBB was an excellent earner of her Professorship. She has been head hunted by many top international firms and it will be a sad day when we eventually lose her to one of the top international jobs.
Bloody hell. if its not Kenwright you are fornicating about its his Bessie mate. I wish her and Kenwright would both go and '''''' themselves.

He was chairman during that great period of success in the 80's, but Evertons demise as a footballing power started during Sir Philip Carters tenure as chairman. And then this club, has had a procession of inept custodians in David Marsh Peter Johnson and Bill Kenwright. I thought Farhad Moshiri was finally going to be the owner, to finally awaken this sleeping giant. But boy i got that wrong! Sadly i think we can add Farhad Moshiris name, to the list of incompetent and inept owners of this club. The appointment of a has been former rs manager, was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Other than her wiki i know nothing of her aside from running "a small charity" and EITC.

Does she have any experience running larger firms or is she the CEO version of Duncan Ferguson-- all theory?

Her FRSA can be bought for £100.

Why would anyone buy one?

The board showed they don't care about the fans or the club improving, when they appointed probably the most unpopular choice possible who wasn't called Steven Gerrard.

They are the current custodians of the club but they don't represent me and they do not have my support. You can't slap the fans in the face by making such a divisive appointment and claim to have ambition and respect for the club's traditions.

Unless there are big changes very soon and intelligent football people brought into the decision making, then I am scared where we might be in 3 or 4 years. They made the appointment of the manager in full knowledge of what it meant and the division they were causing. The fact they didn't care speaks volume. And they are all responsible even if they didn't personally support the choice. Even if it was solely the owner's choice, they all had a chance to walk away if they didn't agree.

January 2019;

• In her maiden address to the club's general meeting, held at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, Barrett-Baxendale told assembled shareholders the vision was to be "challenging at the top of the Premier League and competing at the highest level in European competitions. "Ultimately this means challenging for domestic titles and trophies, not only to win cups, but to win Premier League titles too," she added. "It means competing regularly in the Champions League and it means doing all of this in a world-class, world-renowned football stadium. I acknowledge our vision is challenging, and the barriers to entry are indeed daunting, but we are Everton and we must all be focused and driven to meet that challenge."

Approaching 3 years later, has this Everton board progressed this organisation?

Looking at the next 3 years, can we afford to repeat the previous 3 years or can this board buck the trend?

I'm not confident.

January 2019;

In her maiden address to the club's general meeting, held at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, Barrett-Baxendale told assembled shareholders the vision was to be "challenging at the top of the Premier League and competing at the highest level in European competitions. "Ultimately this means challenging for domestic titles and trophies, not only to win cups, but to win Premier League titles too," she added. "It means competing regularly in the Champions League and it means doing all of this in a world-class, world-renowned football stadium. I acknowledge our vision is challenging, and the barriers to entry are indeed daunting, but we are Everton and we must all be focused and driven to meet that challenge."

Approaching 3 years later, has this Everton board progressed this organisation?

Looking at the next 3 years, can we afford to repeat the previous 3 years or can this board buck the trend?

I'm not confident.

100%

Who is held accountable for failure of those words so far? It was an embarrassing thing to say at the time and it's proved embarrassing now as we are no nearer to getting anywhere.

All of them, every single person from top to bottom at Everton Footbaol Club who hold the most important positions are an absolute shambles and just add further embarrassment to the continuous search for a trophy.

26 years ffs with Kenwright pretty much overseeing about 15 of them.