The Everton Board Thread

Should be renamed the Everton 'Bored' Thread such is the continual regurgitation of ill-feeling being levied by the fans towards those individuals responsible for the dire straits we have been in for the past umpteen years...notwithstanding the new stadium development. Same old, same old but doesn't alter a thing at the top.

I dont know why people harp on about the board at this point.

They aint going anywhere outside of Sir Farhad deciding he wants to sell in which even then no guarantees of Kenwrong etc even leaving as depends on if the new owner is or isn't taken in by his best blue chairman act.

Need to start focusing more on the management and playing squad as thats what will determine the short to medium term future not DBB.

I dont know why people harp on about the board at this point.

They aint going anywhere outside of Sir Farhad deciding he wants to sell in which even then no guarantees of Kenwrong etc even leaving as depends on if the new owner is or isn't taken in by his best blue chairman act.

Need to start focusing more on the management and playing squad as thats what will determine the short to medium term future not DBB.

Incredible turnaround from a year ago when you were saying it didn’t matter who the manager was as long as the current board remained in place. Wonder what changed ?‍♂️

Maybe for the first 12-18 months or so but eventually the naysayers will lose the will to keep demanding his head everytime we lose a game.

The fanbase has fallen into a cycle (that I used to be a part of) of demanding the managers head after a run of bad performances - we cant keep going around in circles and need stability as Benitez is the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things.

Some would say an incredible turnaround.

? ? ?

This is a good point this, I bet he never once in person seen Everton under Rafael and witnessed how toxic it was. Appoint a unpopular manager but not have the guts to deal with the fall out himself.
He was there for the Watford debacle.

That was the last game he attended.

It's hard for you to accept, Prenno....but when we're talking about lack of guts you also need to say your hero also showed a distinct lack of guts over the Benitez episode.

Between the Chair and the CEO they're responsible for the football club. The owner/main shareholder is there to sign the cheques. Does his ownership give him rights to interfere? Yes.... But it doesn't stop the rest of the board going head to head with him to convince him otherwise. Kenwright KNEW the fans would turn toxic as soon as results started to turn but rather than fight tooth and nail he protected his own and the position of Denise. Another layer of protection.

"Let's not cause a ruckus Denise, we're on a good thing here. Front row seats, million quid a year each.... When things go wrong we can give our pet journos a knowing look and they'll deflect any blame away from us... It's all Farhad after all."

There's a reason Bill's 24/7 'search for investment' lasted over 15 years. It was essential he found a useful idiot who's happy to keep writing cheques at Bills request. His vanity means he has to remain front and centre, Mr. Everton.

We have been hamstrung in the market because we have spent like a teenage lottery winner. Purchase after purchase after purchase. Nobody has once said to Moshiri "We can't do this, there's rules to follow." That's the boards job. Theve been negligent. Moshiri didn't sell the Brazil #9 for 50 million, the league forced us to because we were out of control.

Any sensible buyer for Everton would have looked at our recent history when negotiating the deal.

Founder members of the premier league, but have lost ground on so many 'smaller' teams with far smaller supporter numbers.

Ran up ever increasing debts despite the game being awash with money.

Continual selling of assets (players and property) despite the game being awash with money.

Youd consider the evidence and think:

"maybe this board are not the best people to protect or even grow my investment.'

You'd thank them for their time and get the whole top layer of management replaced.

As I said, good old Bill carefully selected Moshiri. His useful idiot.

Does Moshiri need to go? Yeah, probably. It's a shame because he's shown more ambition on and off the field that most other owners combined.

Does Kenwright and his army of arse sniffers who genuinely believe 7th was magnificent, and we've enjoyed good times under his leadership? Undoubtedly.

The only comfort I take from it all is he's old and nobody lives forever.

Some would say an incredible turnaround.

? ? ?
Snakes everywhere, dealt with like this

CooperativeThreadbareArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

I wasn’t aware of what you meant regarding online. The Echo is guilty of refusing to acknowledge issues and that’s the main local newspaper.

There is ignorant people here too, try to have a reasonable discussion end they can’t even give you the courtesy of a reply most of the time.
I don’t think a lot of people buy The Echo anymore, the only useful section of it is The Death cololmn, so you can pay your respects to the family of the diseased.

He was there for the Watford debacle.

That was the last game he attended.

It's hard for you to accept, Prenno....but when we're talking about lack of guts you also need to say your hero also showed a distinct lack of guts over the Benitez episode.

Between the Chair and the CEO they're responsible for the football club. The owner/main shareholder is there to sign the cheques. Does his ownership give him rights to interfere? Yes.... But it doesn't stop the rest of the board going head to head with him to convince him otherwise. Kenwright KNEW the fans would turn toxic as soon as results started to turn but rather than fight tooth and nail he protected his own and the position of Denise. Another layer of protection.

"Let's not cause a ruckus Denise, we're on a good thing here. Front row seats, million quid a year each.... When things go wrong we can give our pet journos a knowing look and they'll deflect any blame away from us... It's all Farhad after all."

There's a reason Bill's 24/7 'search for investment' lasted over 15 years. It was essential he found a useful idiot who's happy to keep writing cheques at Bills request. His vanity means he has to remain front and centre, Mr. Everton.

We have been hamstrung in the market because we have spent like a teenage lottery winner. Purchase after purchase after purchase. Nobody has once said to Moshiri "We can't do this, there's rules to follow." That's the boards job. Theve been negligent. Moshiri didn't sell the Brazil #9 for 50 million, the league forced us to because we were out of control.

Any sensible buyer for Everton would have looked at our recent history when negotiating the deal.

Founder members of the premier league, but have lost ground on so many 'smaller' teams with far smaller supporter numbers.

Ran up ever increasing debts despite the game being awash with money.

Continual selling of assets (players and property) despite the game being awash with money.

Youd consider the evidence and think:

"maybe this board are not the best people to protect or even grow my investment.'

You'd thank them for their time and get the whole top layer of management replaced.

As I said, good old Bill carefully selected Moshiri. His useful idiot.

Does Moshiri need to go? Yeah, probably. It's a shame because he's shown more ambition on and off the field that most other owners combined.

Does Kenwright and his army of arse sniffers who genuinely believe 7th was magnificent, and we've enjoyed good times under his leadership? Undoubtedly.

The only comfort I take from it all is he's old and nobody lives forever.
Prenno ?