The Everton Board Thread

My main worry is they'll build BMD and be owners and rent/lease the ground back to us as tenants.

Its gone from £1 billion sale with guarantees of building BMD included in the price to recent reports of £500 million for the club only.

IF they do that, I wouldnt be that arsed if I am honest. £500m for the club, peppercorn rent for the ground, its still our home ground. Paid for by someone else.

For what it’s worth, and I’m not saying these people would be good or bad, I would rather the pretence to our new owners be that we’re not going to ‘throw money around like confetti’ even if we do have a decent budget.
The market knowing we had mega money is how clubs end up rinsing us to the tune of £35m for Iwobi, £30m for Bolasie and £45m for Sigurdsson! I’d rather we operated like we did end of Moyes/Martinez era where we had money, but clubs knew they couldn’t rip us off or we’d walk away.

I'd take Saudi cash in a heartbeat now. There's no difference essentially between the lot of them in the PL.
Honestly I’m sure most of us would take whoever can afford to buy us the best players and finish the ground properly whatever their shady background may be and if it’s true Kenwright turned away City’s owners then he’s truly the worst thing that ever happened to the club.

For what it’s worth, and I’m not saying these people would be good or bad, I would rather the pretence to our new owners be that we’re not going to ‘throw money around like confetti’ even if we do have a decent budget.
The market knowing we had mega money is how clubs end up rinsing us to the tune of £35m for Iwobi, £30m for Bolasie and £45m for Sigurdsson! I’d rather we operated like we did end of Moyes/Martinez era where we had money, but clubs knew they couldn’t rip us off or we’d walk away.
Agreed. The only possibility to throw money around is through a state-backed/Arab takeover. Every other takeover is going to be limited in comparison.

I have the same degree of skepticism about this group as many others, but whomever it is, I'll not disagree with an approach that doesn't waste money and tries to spend carefully. There is nothing wrong in being well-managed and efficient. We desperately need a dose of level-headed, real-world leadership, competence, and organisation.

Certainly not banging the drum for this group but whomever can get the club back on an even keel and looking upwards will have my thanks and backing. It doesn't have to be a choice between loadsamoney and poverty. There is a middle way. I'll take it if it's going.

What did I tell you all.

He'll be a convenient shield for them to hide behind and not spend a penny on transfers and/or asset strip us / own BMD and rent it back to us as tenants.

Keep these cowboys away from the club.
Whereas if your 'Mosh Man' is allowed to carry on for much longer, there may well be no club. The mismanagement during his tenure has been reckless to say the least. What we have been forced to do with he Richarlison is shameful. I don't know about these Yanks, but, you would hope they won't be happy losing a hundred million a year on an ongoing basis.

If the Yanks come in and launch Kenwright and DBB then that will be a good start. Where we go from there, I don't know and neither do you. I can remember last season, even after our financial position had become apparent, some posters still expected us to spend big in this window because some of our higher earners were out of contract. If it's a choice between not spending big in the market without sales, or, carrying on as we are and doing a Portsmouth, then I think I would prefer the Yank frugality.

Whereas if your 'Mosh Man' is allowed to carry on for much longer, there may well be no club. The mismanagement during his tenure has been reckless to say the least. What we have been forced to do with he Richarlison is shameful. I don't know about these Yanks, but, you would hope they won't be happy losing a hundred million a year on an ongoing basis.

If the Yanks come in and launch Kenwright and DBB then that will be a good start. Where we go from there, I don't know and neither do you. I can remember last season, even after our financial position had become apparent, some posters still expected us to spend big in this window because some of our higher earners were out of contract. If it's a choice between not spending big in the market without sales, or, carrying on as we are and doing a Portsmouth, then I think I would prefer the Yank frugality.

We are not doing a Portsmouth man - If FFP wasn't a thing there would be no problem with our ownership thats the perverse thing about it all. Had Putin not been a war mongering criminal we'll have been getting a good £40-50 million year revenue via naming rights on BMD and FF, etc which would have reduced our losses and allowed us to continue spending big.

Between the Ukraine War and FFP we've been done like kippers.

Like WW1, WW2 and Heysal - whenever something kicks off Everton naturally suffers as a result and this time its falling into the hands of dodgy sounding Yanks.

We are not doing a Portsmouth man - If FFP wasn't a thing there would be no problem with our ownership thats the perverse thing about it all. Had Putin not been a war mongering criminal we'll have been getting a good £40-50 million year revenue via naming rights on BMD and FF, etc which would have reduced our losses and allowed us to continue spending big.

Like WW1, WW2 and Heysal - whenever something kicks off Everton naturally suffers as a result and this time its falling into the hands of dodgy sounding Yanks.
We can't continue to sustain losses on this level though mate, with hundreds of millions wasted on transfers and nothing coming the other way apart from TV money and Moshiri's cash injections. The USM money was insignificant in the context of the losses sustained. The club is broken and it has been driven to the brink.

I'd never have thought it possible that we would fall foul of regulations and have the Premier League monitoring our dealings like hawks and combing through our accounts. It's shameful. The brakes were going to be applied at some point it was only a matter of when.

The financial restrictions are a thing though, and no business can continue to lose 100 million per annum without eventually crumbling. I know you don't want to hear this, but, Kenyon's group are only on the scene because the club have been going cap in hand looking for investment, because, Moshiri has finally realised that if things don't change, he will lose a large part of his fortune trying to keep he club afloat.

I'm not saying that he hasn't tried, but, his management of the club has been abysmal. He is a madman.

I have to say this sounds ominous:

'The consortium in discussions to buy Everton have deep enough resources to complete the purchase without the need for a leveraged buy-out but will not be engaging in the kind of wasteful spending seen under current owner Farhad Moshiri....unlike Moshiri who has spent more than half a billion pounds on players in six years, the prospective new owners will not be “throwing money around like confetti”, according to a source.'

That's confusing the issue. The spending wasn't the problem, the people hired to spend it was. Spending is not 'wasteful' per se, spending badly is.
The phrase “throwing money around like confetti” is rarely used to describe large sums of money well spent

The financial restrictions are a thing though, and no business can continue to lose 100 million per annum without eventually crumbling. I know you don't want to hear this, but, Kenyon's group are only on the scene because the club have been going cap in hand looking for investment, because, Moshiri has finally realised that if things don't change, he will lose a large part of his fortune trying to keep he club afloat.

I'm not saying that he hasn't tried, but, his management of the club has been abysmal. He is a madman.

Im not fussed if Moshers leaves but we'll only progress with wealthy backers be it state backed or Usmanov type wealth owners like Villa have who'll put a plan in place and invest into the playing staff.

These Yanks aint no good to us and Kenyon is a dodgy individual.

That's confusing the issue. The spending wasn't the problem, the people hired to spend it was. Spending is not 'wasteful' per se, spending badly is.
always.jpg

There is always a post.