The Everton Board Thread

Strange though there has been no comment about escaping relegation to the players / manager from the club at all from my knowledge, has anyone informed the bunker of the news ?? Do they know Everton won yesterday ? Or can't they be bothered, y'know, hope it's cos they've all been sacked.

Stubbsy is right.

Not so sure about the lack of complimentary tickets comments. I’m sure he was there yesterday in club suit and tie.
Alan Stubbs was there yesterday, he was in the seat in front of me and he did not have a club suit or tie on. He was working for one of the tv companies before the game, at half time and afterwards, was dressed casually.

We spoke about the absentee board, and his feelings towards them were demonstrably easy to understand… and he’s without doubt a Blue, his reaction to and celebration of the goal was a sight to behold.

Last edited:

Alan Stubbs was there yesterday, he was in the seat in front of me and he did not have a club suit or tie on. He was working for one of the tv companies before the game at half time and afterwards, was dressed casually.

We spoke about the absentee board, and his feelings towards them were demonstrably easy to understand… and he’s without doubt a Blue, his reaction to and celebration of the goal was a sight to behold.
I would add to this that Richard Askham from the BBC Northwest was sat next to me, he agreed with all Stubbsy said and he too celebrated the goal in fine style.

Alan Stubbs was there yesterday, he was in the seat in front of me and he did not have a club suit or tie on. He was working for one of the tv companies before the game at half time and afterwards, was dressed casually.

I stand corrected.

He was deffo on the pitch at the end though near the dug out.

I just said he was working for one of the tv companies before, during and after the game… and you would have seen there was no club suit or tie.

I’m not sure why you are labouring this point.

He was there…’celebrating’ with the rest of us.

He hasn’t been banned from GP by Bill & co.

I’m not sure why you are labouring this point.

He was there…’celebrating’ with the rest of us.

He hasn’t been banned from GP by Bill & co.

…I‘m not a big fan of Stubbs but I think the point is, he’s not on the clubs free ticket & club lounge rosta. Kenwright takes ex-players under his wing and expects loyalty in return.

Good to know Askham is one of us !
To be fair to Richard, I’m not sure if he’s a Blue but, in his capacity as a regional tv sports presenter he certainly reacted like a Blue.
From his professional perspective, the more northwest clubs are in the PL, the better it is for him as he and all the other sports presenters get lots to cover and report upon.