The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am not a closed book on any idea (apart from hateful and insulting ones that is) so i will listen to all sides of an argument and try to come up with my own opinion, i wait to see if the Blue Union grow before i swing my hat to them, in the same ethos i wont close the door on them either.

The upcoming BU march forced the board to break the bank for Felli.
Take that.

I think I need a pie of some sort. Any suggestions?
Why is Nik cry fapping on Facebook but not here? :(

Good letter in today's Echo.

RICHARD KNIGHTS, West Derby
[/I]As the search for new owners becomes ever more bizarre, ludicrous and surreal, anyone on a stadium tour is now a 'potential investor'. Here is the wake up call, fans need to join the Blue Union protest on Saturday. Because one thing is abundantly clear unless we get change at the club, within two or three seasons, relegation is all but inevitable.

Not sure this is neccessarily true. Rovers fans were always saying this when we were under the penny-pinching Walker Trust, but the right managerial appointments (Ince aside) ensured that even with a minus transfer budget (lowest in the league for numerous seasons) we stayed up comfortably. If Moyes sticks at the club you'll be fine, imo. If he moves on and Everton stay under the current ownership the manager coming in will decide whether or not you stay up in future seasons.

THE relegation six-pointer against Wolves shouldn't come as a massive, unprecedented, blinding surprise.
Compare Everton with Spurs, similar home gates of 34,000, but that's about the only comparison. Spurs generate six times more from commercial activities. They hold shareholder's AGMs, remember them? Through investing in players the assets of the club have appreciated. Plans for a new stadium are in place.
Everton, no signing for over two years, our best players sold (what price Jack Rodwell?), the smallest squad in the Premiership and the mystery of our finances, like the inexplicable and ballooning 'Other Expenditure'.
As the search for new owners becomes ever more bizarre, ludicrous and surreal, anyone on a stadium tour is now a 'potential investor'. Here is the wake up call, fans need to join the Blue Union protest on Saturday. Because one thing is abundantly clear unless we get change at the club, within two or three seasons, relegation is all but inevitable.

Very good lil piece , and so obvious too , doesn't take a Matt Damo to understand lol

THE relegation six-pointer against Wolves shouldn't come as a massive, unprecedented, blinding surprise.
Compare Everton with Spurs, similar home gates of 34,000, but that's about the only comparison. Spurs generate six times more from commercial activities. They hold shareholder's AGMs, remember them? Through investing in players the assets of the club have appreciated. Plans for a new stadium are in place.
Everton, no signing for over two years, our best players sold (what price Jack Rodwell?), the smallest squad in the Premiership and the mystery of our finances, like the inexplicable and ballooning 'Other Expenditure'.
As the search for new owners becomes ever more bizarre, ludicrous and surreal, anyone on a stadium tour is now a 'potential investor'. Here is the wake up call, fans need to join the Blue Union protest on Saturday. Because one thing is abundantly clear unless we get change at the club, within two or three seasons, relegation is all but inevitable.

A clear incisive letter which shows why people are flooding to the gates of the BU lol

A clear incisive letter which shows why people are flooding to the gates of the BU lol

Davek it is if the leadership is responsible for PR (which at this early stage of its life it certainly is). It's about credibility, not intelligence or even necessarily about being articulate. I have no doubt the BU's intentions are for the betterment of the club, but timing is everything, followed closely by bringing the people with you on such missions. BU are agitating now just at the time when, maybe even in spite of Blue Bill's tenure, things appear to be happening for the better. My sense is that 'most' blues are currently clinging to the edge of their seat hoping that nothing derails the possibility (as we have so often come to expect). Having BU shouting from the rooftops now, and even worse taking credit for the current action, is not going to carry the popular blue vote.

In my view like...

I disagree. If you're after change then this is precisely the time to press home a protest. When the club's owners are on the back foot having to confirm they're in talks, sending a message that that's their only option makes perfect sense. And I dont think too many people are going to be pacified with mere talks taking place...or an existing member of the squad deciding to stay where he is.

The table doesn't lie. We're in a bit of trouble and the medium to long term looks like a looming disaster.

The upcoming BU march forced the board to break the bank for Felli.
Take that.

I think I need a pie of some sort. Any suggestions?
Why is Nik cry fapping on Facebook but not here? :(

Sorry mate but that's rubbish. This is why some people side with the board. Something positive happens at the club and people say it's because of the blue union but when something someone does not agree with happens it's burn kenwright. Not for one minute is fellaini signing a new contract down to the blue union. If anything they could have had the opposite effect in fellaini thinking why should I sign for a club with fans demonstrating. Be fair when trying to get points across and don't give credit where it is not give. And just for the record and am not anti blue union or pro ken right, I believe that kenright is at a crossroad in how he will be seen in relation to how successful he will be seen for everton. If he keeps control for another year or more without any investment he will be seen as a massive failure and take us backwards. However if he secures investment or a successful takeover he will be seen as a success on where we where when he took over to where we would be when he left we will see

I disagree. If you're after change then this is precisely the time to press home a protest. When the club's owners are on the back foot having to confirm they're in talks, sending a message that that's their only option makes perfect sense. And I dont think too many people are going to be pacified with mere talks taking place...or an existing member of the squad deciding to stay where he is.

The table doesn't lie. We're in a bit of trouble and the medium to long term looks like a looming disaster.

I'd say many people are actually very encouraged by talks taking place - even if we have been there before, there is certainly more gravitas (and silence - proper behaviour in the circumstances) this time around to make one think that there really is some thing serious happening here. Look, it may come to fruition or it may be another false dawn (aka Blue Bill [Poor language removed] up), but either way I think it's wholly unrealistic to claim that the the pimple on the arse of the elephant that is the BU has any genuine influence on that outcome, nor realistically that it has triggered the talks.

Of course the BU needs the oxygen of the belief that they do have that influence to big up it's own relevance. I'm not saying they are a bad influence or that they don't want the best, and it's everyone's right to protest, but the claims you are making now around creating all this momentum are preposterous.

Last edited:
I'd say many people are actually very encouraged by talks taking place - even if we have been there before, there is certainly more gravitas (and silence - proper behaviour in the circumstances) this time around to make one think that there really is some thing serious happening here. Look, it may come to fruition or it may be another false dawn (aka Blue Bill [Poor language removed] up), but either way I think it's wholly unrealistic to claim that the the pimple on the arse of the elephant that is the BU has any genuine influence on that outcome, nor realistically that it has triggered the talks.

Of course the BU needs the oxygen of the belief that they do have that influence to big up it's own relevance. I'm not saying they are a bad influence or that they don't want the best, and it's everyone's right to protest, but the claims you are making now around creating all this momentum are preposterous.

But hold on, you were the one on the last page arguing the BU activities might 'derail' any talks. Now they're a 'pimple on the arse of an elephant' who influence nothing.

Make your mind up mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.