The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fence sitters I can get my head around ( just about ) people defending the chairman in hundreds of posts and knocking supporters groups for wanting the best for the club I can't bare or get my head around unless they work for the club . That is all

can we close this thread too? It's becoming like feckin groundhog day. Every day the same inane drivel. We know you don't like Bill and we know you do and we also know that you sit on the fence. You tell us EVERY day!! Now please for one day at least post on other threads or something, but please please don't tell us again how keioc saved kirkby from evil Bill, or that the BU are moronic tits or that Bill is our saviour and was better than agent Johnson. I've had enough of the constant bitching and point scoring by evertonians off other evertonians!!

GOOD blues are leaving the forum because they're either fed up with the bitching or because they're being 5lagged off for having an opinion. Sort it out eh lads!!

Ok rant over carry on with whatever it was you where doing.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Its just pure coincidence that all the time bill has been looking for investment 24/7 for god knows how many years that as soon as an official fans group gets together and presents actual visible unhappiness with the current board we suddenly get several parties interested in a takeover/investment.

Pure coincidence that we have trsuted ITKs confirming talks are ongoing and serious whereas before we got bums in council flats with no money.

Take off your anti BU glasses and see that while no they aren't soley responsible for the recent interest it has to have some influence on the board and the fact what is happening now IS happening NOW when the board can see actual visible protests from fans.

So you're saying that the board saw a few thousand people protesting and suddenly crapped themselves and decided to start looking for buyers ? Doesn't wash.

Yeah.

Its just pure coincidence that all the time bill has been looking for investment 24/7 for god knows how many years that as soon as an official fans group gets together and presents actual visible unhappiness with the current board we suddenly get several parties interested in a takeover/investment.

Pure coincidence that we have trsuted ITKs confirming talks are ongoing and serious whereas before we got bums in council flats with no money.

Take off your anti BU glasses and see that while no they aren't soley responsible for the recent interest it has to have some influence on the board and the fact what is happening now IS happening NOW when the board can see actual visible protests from fans.

I think its more of a case of because its been thrown in to the spotlight, we're now hearing about EVERY single low level meeting that never goes anywhere (Jain, Qatar, etc) whereas before we didn't. But they did happen. There isn't more interest, we're just hearing about all of it, and its getting really annoying.

Show me a firm bid.

Yeah.

I think its more of a case of because its been thrown in to the spotlight, we're now hearing about EVERY single low level meeting that never goes anywhere (Jain, Qatar, etc) whereas before we didn't. But they did happen. There isn't more interest, we're just hearing about all of it, and its getting really annoying.

Show me a firm bid.

boredom.png

Fence sitters I can get my head around ( just about ) people defending the chairman in hundreds of posts and knocking supporters groups for wanting the best for the club I can't bare or get my head around unless they work for the club . That is all

Fair point mate, but there is every possibility that you could be wrong on whats right for the club, as any of could.

Fair point mate, but there is every possibility that you could be wrong on whats right for the club, as any of could.

I think Xavi pretty much owned you there mate.

Good letter in today's Echo.

RICHARD KNIGHTS, West Derby

THE relegation six-pointer against Wolves shouldn't come as a massive, unprecedented, blinding surprise.
Compare Everton with Spurs, similar home gates of 34,000, but that's about the only comparison. Spurs generate six times more from commercial activities. They hold shareholder's AGMs, remember them? Through investing in players the assets of the club have appreciated. Plans for a new stadium are in place.
Everton, no signing for over two years, our best players sold (what price Jack Rodwell?), the smallest squad in the Premiership and the mystery of our finances, like the inexplicable and ballooning 'Other Expenditure'.
As the search for new owners becomes ever more bizarre, ludicrous and surreal, anyone on a stadium tour is now a 'potential investor'. Here is the wake up call, fans need to join the Blue Union protest on Saturday. Because one thing is abundantly clear unless we get change at the club, within two or three seasons, relegation is all but inevitable.

Cant argue with what hes saying there DAVEK. i do appreciate the BU are trying to make the unrest known to the board i am just disappointed by previous actions (the taping of BK) and also sometimes you read what the 'leaders' are saying and i just cringe. if they get an intelligent literate leader then i would be more comfortable saying i support them. i dont, however support the singling out of BK as the devil. he is a part of the machine in charge - albeit the figurehead

Cant argue with what hes saying there DAVEK. i do appreciate the BU are trying to make the unrest known to the board i am just disappointed by previous actions (the taping of BK) and also sometimes you read what the 'leaders' are saying and i just cringe. if they get an intelligent literate leader then i would be more comfortable saying i support them. i dont, however support the singling out of BK as the devil. he is a part of the machine in charge - albeit the figurehead

I think you're confusing accent with literacy. Dave Kelly is a union secretary and very much literate and articulate.

Davek i dont ever take in to account accent when talking or listening to people. i work in an enviroment of people from all walks and regions (and accents)I have been on the website to find out more about the Union and they do come across quite well, i think the main issues are to do with some of the tweets etc when BU members are quite vociferous in their hatred, it turns people away from their Mission Statement (which in fairness is a good statement)I did note Silas had started a thread on their forum along these lines, the Moderator posted back that he agrred in principle and its an issue they are trying to address so maybe when they have settled down, at it stands they are a 'new' group, i know the sum of their parts have been around for a while but as a group they are quite young, i suppose its quite difficult to appease all the groups within the union

Davek i dont ever take in to account accent when talking or listening to people. i work in an enviroment of people from all walks and regions (and accents)I have been on the website to find out more about the Union and they do come across quite well, i think the main issues are to do with some of the tweets etc when BU members are quite vociferous in their hatred, it turns people away from their Mission Statement (which in fairness is a good statement)I did note Silas had started a thread on their forum along these lines, the Moderator posted back that he agrred in principle and its an issue they are trying to address so maybe when they have settled down, at it stands they are a 'new' group, i know the sum of their parts have been around for a while but as a group they are quite young, i suppose its quite difficult to appease all the groups within the union

I think you'll get a broad church of opinion and style in any organisation. The only thing I countered you with was the leader stuff. And if you hear Dave Kelly or someone like Colin Fitzpatrick speak you cant help but be impressed by how on top of it all they are. If there's a problem with the BU, the leadership isn't the place to look for it.

I think you'll get a broad church of opinion and style in any organisation. The only thing I countered you with was the leader stuff. And if you hear Dave Kelly or someone like Colin Fitzpatrick speak you cant help but be impressed by how on top of it all they are. If there's a problem with the BU, the leadership isn't the place to look for it.

Davek it is if the leadership is responsible for PR (which at this early stage of its life it certainly is). It's about credibility, not intelligence or even necessarily about being articulate. I have no doubt the BU's intentions are for the betterment of the club, but timing is everything, followed closely by bringing the people with you on such missions. BU are agitating now just at the time when, maybe even in spite of Blue Bill's tenure, things appear to be happening for the better. My sense is that 'most' blues are currently clinging to the edge of their seat hoping that nothing derails the possibility (as we have so often come to expect). Having BU shouting from the rooftops now, and even worse taking credit for the current action, is not going to carry the popular blue vote.

In my view like...

Status
Not open for further replies.