The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like the couple who bought the RS and took them to the brink of a bankruptcy order - they touted themselves to half the clubs in the league before someone was stupid enough to think they were legit. This bunch would do a new stadium so long as it's us who fund it and it doesn't cut into their profit after the high interest loans they'll use to buy us are covered. Us not being able to fund it ourselves is the issue which stops us doing it already. And there's far better ways to spend the new tv money than to cover more interest payments.

The last stadium they delivered was tax payer funded.

Hmmm

Think people need a bit of a reality check, these billionaires don't get where they are without maximising their returns from investments. No-ones going to chuck money at something for the sake of it, so long as the intention is to make a profit off the club by making it a more attractive proposition in the future then can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Anyone who thinks the next owner of Everton FC will be buying it for love as opposed to it being an opportunity to make some dosh, has got rocks in their head.

That doesn't make whoever buys it a wrong 'un either, as to increase their investment they'll have to build the club and it's profile, in order to create an increase in the equity value.

That doesn't make whoever buys it a wrong 'un either, as to increase their investment they'll have to build the club and it's profile, in order to create an increase in the equity value.

That would be fine. But these are not the investors for that. They're after clubs with (relatively) low debt to leverage onto. If you think this is dislike because of 'oh businessmen', not at all. But Swansea have knocked this lot back already. Ask why. They could have really used an injection of funds to push them up the table too.

Non est omnis qui natus est minute

Quality latin would drop the 'est' in there

For example

nemo iudex in causa sua = no one should be the judge in their own case

esse quam videri = to be rather than to seem to be (so no need for the extra verb)

Think it is to do with implied verbs or something

Is that the B side to We didn't start the fire by Billy Joel?
large.gif

Quality latin would drop the 'est' in there

For example

nemo iudex in causa sua = no one should be the judge in their own case

esse quam videri = to be rather than to seem to be (so no need for the extra verb)

Think it is to do with implied verbs or something

Thanks Orly - it is 36 years and 5 months since I last did Latin, give me a break lol

So the club have hauled in The Times and the 2 blokes mentioned as the potential buyers into a contrived takeover story, merely to 'pipe down' fans and sell half season tickets?

What's in it for the Times and the 2 Shermans like?

The story is genuine, whether the deal actually completes is a different matter, but this is not some PR stunt.

Anyone who thinks the next owner of Everton FC will be buying it for love as opposed to it being an opportunity to make some dosh, has got rocks in their head.

@Foot Long Hot Dog Looks like the sensible side have a champion for the evening, so I shall relax with coffee and cigarettes.
Many thanks :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.