The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the Times are deliberately doing the club's dirty work, I just believe it's another false story they've made up and leaked because they know a national paper will run with it.

I would absolutely LOVE for story to be legit and proven completely wrong. The truth is though I just can't be arsed getting excited over stories anymore, we've been burnt too many times. I will not believe any takeover story until I see a new owner posing with a scarf on Sky Sports News.
The story is genuine, whether the deal actually completes is a different matter, but this is not some PR stunt.

I know what I'm getting for xmas, and it rhymes with Bono Fail
image.jpeg

The interest is legit, but if you think they're interested because they love football or they love sport or they see anything other than pounds signs because we run a tight budget then you need to give your head a wobble. The guy leading this took a quarter of the money from the tv deal of his baseball team as he left there. These are not white knights. These will want their pound of flesh. Swansea saw through them, but then they've supporters on the board who aren't looking to cash in.

True but most investors will be in it for the money, I doubt FSG bought Liverpool because John Henry sat on the Kop as a young lad, likewise Ellis Short, Lerner, Glazers etc. So long as they sort a new stadium out for us that's all I care about.

With Bills health reportedly being poor then it seems logical to me.

On a totally unrelated topic Peter Johnson sold off a listed Company this week to the tune of £33M

They sound like a pair of hanks.

A negative article could be written about every prospective very rich person buying a footy team.

Eg -
Abramovich - where he got his money from/business tactics.

The general rule of thumb is that very rich people get very rich using questionable tactics & upsetting people along the way.

True but most investors will be in it for the money, I doubt FSG bought Liverpool because John Henry sat on the Kop as a young lad, likewise Ellis Short, Lerner, Glazers etc. So long as they sort a new stadium out for us that's all I care about.

More like the couple who bought the RS and took them to the brink of a bankruptcy order - they touted themselves to half the clubs in the league before someone was stupid enough to think they were legit. This bunch would do a new stadium so long as it's us who fund it and it doesn't cut into their profit after the high interest loans they'll use to buy us are covered. Us not being able to fund it ourselves is the issue which stops us doing it already. And there's far better ways to spend the new tv money than to cover more interest payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.