The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home support has been terrible for a long time. We don't even finish a song half the time let alone get behind the team.

We grumble at any slight mistake as vlasic pointed out, that is literally the atmosphere the team plays under.

Which is amazing as the away fans are probably among the best in the country, They do us proud

Home support has been terrible for a long time. We don't even finish a song half the time let alone get behind the team.

We grumble at any slight mistake as vlasic pointed out, that is literally the atmosphere the team plays under.

Which is amazing as the away fans are probably among the best in the country, They do us proud

Our away fans being good is an absolute myth

A myth? I can’t agree with that, but there ain’t many clubs that have over 3000 turn out away from home (400 mile round trip for most) when the team are in 10/11th place and playing poorly currently.

We were excellent at Wolves, Leicester, Chelsea, and Burnley ( then ones I’ve been to this season) and despite how poor we were yesterday, very vocal we’ll into the second half.

A myth? I can’t agree with that, but there ain’t many clubs that have over 3000 turn out away from home (400 mile round trip for most) when the team are in 10/11th place and playing poorly currently.

We were excellent at Wolves, Leicester, Chelsea, and Burnley ( then ones I’ve been to this season) and despite how poor we were yesterday, very vocal we’ll into the second half.
Big difference between numbers and support shown to the team, I've seen sides come to Goodison with 1000 and be more supportive to the side then 3000 Evertonians shouting abuse

Id disagree with the vocal element.
People go the aways for something to do, a p##s up, the football is secondary.
While nothing wrong with that, when the fans are in the stands we are terrible. Just no songs, nothing witty, no supporting the team.....nothing. Just a mish mash of people argueing with each other.

I hate it when people say 'look how many fans have gone' and '3 million mile round trip'
Newcastle take full allocation there, as did sunderland, liverpool, utd, city do also and leeds would do the same. And look how many tickets are availible on here and twitter for them lengthy aways, people buy them just to get the away credits and then dont go, so the 3k can be more like 2k

FB_IMG_1548061988319.jpg

Atmosphere has been woeful since the new breed turned up in 2015
I think it was 2016 when Martinez left when all the newcomers started turning up. Even in that season, we produced some decent atmosphere's, however since 2016 it has been dross. Selling all those season tickets often to people who have on interest in getting behind the team was a mistake. I know it was under Allardyce, but the atmosphere at the derby was useless. I thought the atmosphere at GP was always pretty good compared to other grounds, up until recently. Just look at videos of the team coming out on youtube ten years ago, with the Everton Everton Everton ringing out. Often nowadays you can't even hear the fans singing when the team comes out, never mind during the game.
I remember going to Bate, and even then there were fans getting behind the team. The atmosphere that night, would be considered boss compared to nowadays that's how bad it has got. 10 years ago we had a tight knit support, there was no glamour or glitz supporting Everton. Most of the fans, were loyal supporters who got behind the team and would cheer the team on even if they were dross. Even in the 2013/2014 season the atmosphere was often pretty poor at home games. I don't think it's unique to Everton, I think football has become too inclusive and has lost it's tribal nature. West Ham have had problems with people attending matches wearing United, Chelsea and Arsenal shirts. I think premier league football has just become too popular and is attracting divvies. You have RS selling tickets for £250 to foreign fans in and around Anfield.

Id disagree with the vocal element.
People go the aways for something to do, a p##s up, the football is secondary.
While nothing wrong with that, when the fans are in the stands we are terrible. Just no songs, nothing witty, no supporting the team.....nothing. Just a mish mash of people argueing with each other.

I hate it when people say 'look how many fans have gone' and '3 million mile round trip'
Newcastle take full allocation there, as did sunderland, liverpool, utd, city do also and leeds would do the same. And look how many tickets are availible on here and twitter for them lengthy aways, people buy them just to get the away credits and then dont go, so the 3k can be more like 2k
I take it you are one of the travelling away fans? If not, your criticism of them is an insult.

I absolutely refuse to have a go at our fans. Goodison sells out every week despite the spineless crap that has been served up over the last 3 years. Add to that we have won nothing for nearly 25 years and the large amount of season ticket holders who spend their hard earned cash and valuable time watching a bunch of millionaires stroll around, you just get apathy. If the players can't be bothered then why should the fans have to pick them up? The away support is second to none and at the moment Everton do not deserve to have it.

Also, against Bournemouth I think it was digne who threw a lovely challenge in in front of the street end, got everybody going and it wasn't a bad atmosphere from then on. If the lot of them could show the same passion and desire that he does then the fans would react in kind.

The atmosphere at Goodison may be poor but what I recorded in the Saint Mary's food hall on Saturday was amazing!:)

Always the same with our fans though, even at home. Dead loud under the stand, silent in the seat. It’s coz lads can get together as a group underneath, spread out once watching. As a vocal crowd we aren’t very good, end of.

Before anyone moans at me I went home and away for years when I still lived there.

Big difference between numbers and support shown to the team, I've seen sides come to Goodison with 1000 and be more supportive to the side then 3000 Evertonians shouting abuse

It is always the way at every club.

Away fans tend to more raucous than home fans.

And as I sit in the LB right near the away section, I hear every darned word they sing :blush:

Always the same with our fans though, even at home. Dead loud under the stand, silent in the seat. It’s coz lads can get together as a group underneath, spread out once watching. As a vocal crowd we aren’t very good, end of.

Before anyone moans at me I went home and away for years when I still lived there.

You went???? Absolute sell out, you have no right to comment!

The atmosphere at Goodison may be poor but what I recorded in the Saint Mary's food hall on Saturday was amazing!:)

The food hall though? As someone pointed out last night, we seem to confuse good support with numbers who are going for a piss up, this isnt support for the team, just lids having a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.