The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old does the crowd inspire the players or the players inspire the crowd conundrum.

Both have a right to feel short changed if I'm honest. There are far too many times that we allow teams wave after wave of attack against us. The Watford goal(s) were coming, everyone could see that, it hardly makes the crowd want to cheer.

Someone needs to make a decent (or tough) tackle or finally steal the ball and then go on a barnstorming attack to get the crowd going. To get Goodison rocking the players have to do their bit, we've always been a demanding crowd and they should know that when they sign up. On the flip side the supporters should try and cut out the palpable frustration that comes when someone makes a mistake, I'm sure this does not help the players get to their maximum. It is ok to have one or two of those moments per game but imho we are waiting to do that right from kick off and things go rapidly downhill from there.

The last thing the players need is to be playing against their own supporters, when playing against the opposition and potentially the officials is hard enough. Everyone of those boys is one of ours, whether we like them or not, we have to do our bit to help get the best out of them.

Yes we don't like mediocrity and mistakes will make your toes curl and make you want to scream and shout, but all the negativity is going to do is make it worse not better and you end up going home in an even worse mood!

have we become the prawn sandwich brigade at Goodison. I think modern football in this country is flat at most grounds these days, tough to know the reason why people don't sing as much.

Having moaned about us all week.

Anyone want to comment on Man City’s ‘fans’?

All the boss players. All the boss trophy’s. Nice-ish ground. Boss footy.

Woeful noise in there.

Take the 38000 out of goodison and what is the difference. Nothing. Spend millions on players and staff and fail to realise how many points goodison used to get us every season. Goodison is dead. We have failed it in recent history. We are an embarrassment in our tight jeans too cool to support and make noise. Sit there and say we are reactive support. We were never reactuve support. Hung off the beams singing and chanting down to teams like forest/wednesday etc in the 90s in the street end. Now i look around last 5 years. Nothing. Nothing. Imagine young lads looking at the crowd across the park. No point saying oh leave them off. We will lose them. Wish i was 20 again. Id f those out of it who told us to sit down. Stand on seats. Hang of the beams in gt4. Support efc with noise. Ps to the young lads going to street end nowdays.....shame on ye!!!! Now whos next

Take the 38000 out of goodison and what is the difference. Nothing. Spend millions on players and staff and fail to realise how many points goodison used to get us every season. Goodison is dead. We have failed it in recent history. We are an embarrassment in our tight jeans too cool to support and make noise. Sit there and say we are reactive support. We were never reactuve support. Hung off the beams singing and chanting down to teams like forest/wednesday etc in the 90s in the street end. Now i look around last 5 years. Nothing. Nothing. Imagine young lads looking at the crowd across the park. No point saying oh leave them off. We will lose them. Wish i was 20 again. Id f those out of it who told us to sit down. Stand on seats. Hang of the beams in gt4. Support efc with noise. Ps to the young lads going to street end nowdays.....shame on ye!!!! Now whos next

Absolutely embarrassing yesterday. I don't care about all the excuses of new years day early kick off etc its like that most weeks! Our fans need to take responsibility, and do something otherwise we'll keep doing what we are doing and stay stuck in midtable etc!
People can blame the manager and players all you like.. but we've now had different managers, players, a new owner come in and the fans have have stayed the same boring, moaning arses, who can't wait to sack managers after a few bad games..

If fans could be put up for transfer, ours would of been on there a long time ago haha

That's the bottom line.

Not sure it is , Ronaldo , Messi , Zlatan all the top players thrive on negative comments and vibes, Ferdinand said he used it to get amped and motivated , when he heard the opposing fans it made him more determined . Players like that win things, players like we have don’t as soon as it gets hard for them they hide .

I'm all for addressing the horrendous lack of atmosphere at Goodison. I've said over and over that I want a singing section but let's make one thing clear, we aren't crap and we dont lose because of the lack of atmosphere at Goodison, thats just utter nonsense. Our fans could so easily be won over if we finally started seeing somthing to be truly positive about rather then endless false promises of a new dawn that fizzle out within weeks. We've gone though this garbage going on 30 years now and it's finally broken the fanbase who've lost hope. Some will say "Make way for younger fans then", yeah well the problem with that is that the younger fans are as guilty as anyone for sitting in silance most games.

As far as yesterday goes, well New Years day games have always been pretty bad as a rule. Even back when Goodison was amazing NYD would be one of the quieter games. It's just we're so shocking most weeks that it's even worse now.

have we become the prawn sandwich brigade at Goodison. I think modern football in this country is flat at most grounds these days, tough to know the reason why people don't sing as much.
Because people just don't talk as much anymore let alone chant. Bet you find most fans are either on Facebook, Twitter to vent or cheer...last time I went to a game a shouted "come on you blues" and fans actually turned round to see who was disturbing the peace. I didn't rally cry again. It's just not cool to cheer at goodison anymore unless a goal goes in. It's a sad time and I blame social media for it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.