The case for the defence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace is everything in the PL. Sending him there to defend if we really want him back is puzzling to say the least. I think he's gone and Lampard is hoping for a fee, tbh.
Numerous players have said well he’s up there with the quickest we have.
I think they have sent him over for the technical side, lower league loans haven’t worked for any of our other youngsters we’ve sent out on loan.

I spent 10minutes before doing just that, God I chat so much wham it scares me.
(wham?) If it means what I suspect, may I suggest you avoid odders sublime brand of utter detritus.

As for the defence, Patterson looks a real find, once he's on the right wavelength and doesn't need positional reinforcement he'll be a superstar. Myko seems a more than confident defender, we might have to make peace with his not having the left foot of Baines or Digne. He'll be fine. Was thinking this earlier and it includes the defence so its all good, and I suspect I know the top three, which premier league era player would you pick at their best now to compliment the side we have currently... decisions decisions...

Do think we’ve got a little fortunate with how few goals we’ve conceded so far this season, when you look at how many times the opposition have hit the woodwork and xG numbers. But do think the back 4 have done incredibly well given how they’ve barely played alongside each other. And the lack of PL experience with our full backs. I think they’ll continue to improve as a back 4.

Brentford away for sure but Leeds, Chelsea, Forest and Villa didn't create that much and that was with Tom Davies protecting the backline so Gana continually getting up to speed should continue to mean defensively things keep ticking along bar the away games v likes of Man. City and Arsenal where conceding 3-4 happens to many teams in this league.

On the top of a Dutch dung heap.

Means nothing.

They're in europa league aswell although didn't play in their opening group game.

It's not like he's been sent to Tranmere or Accrington, playing for a top european team with lots of excellent players around him. Hopefully he gets a chance next season.

Holgate is a decent back-up and Godfrey is rapid and versatile. If two go it will rightly be Calamity Keane and El Hospitale.

PSV is a perfect place for Branthwaite to gain more experience - there’s plenty of pace in the Eredivisie and it’s not short on technical ability....it just lacks more than a handful of competitive teams and some physicality. Plus, with the heavy dominance of artificial pitches it will improve his first touch etc

Somebody said about(i forget who it was) the 04/05 team that when they scored they celebrated like they had won the game, because they usually had...
The west game game was the first time probably since then that i felt that when we scored we had the game in the bag, its a nice feeling...

Coady Tarkowski Godfrey Holgate Branthwaite is fine for us over the next few years in a back 4 with decent full backs.

Honestly just removing the catastrophes that were Keane Kenny and Coleman from the defence would make anyone play better.

Holgate is a decent back-up and Godfrey is rapid and versatile. If two go it will rightly be Calamity Keane and El Hospitale.

PSV is a perfect place for Branthwaite to gain more experience - there’s plenty of pace in the Eredivisie and it’s not short on technical ability....it just lacks more than a handful of competitive teams and some physicality. Plus, with the heavy dominance of artificial pitches it will improve his first touch etc
I always forget Mina is a thing. He needs to move on as well.

Patterson is quoted as saying (Paul Joyce article in Times) that he is improving in every aspect of his game directly because he sits down with Ashley Cole after each game and analysises his performance in detail then goes away to work on it.
Best Prem full back in the last 30 years so glad our boys have him there to learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.