The Cadamarteri derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s brilliant!
I also worked at Pleasureland around 92-94, just on one of the kids’ carousels. Players would often bring their kids and I’d try and talk to them. Remember asking Beardsley if he was leaving for Newcastle and his face said it all. Guess I’d have been ITK at that point!

Was also at the Danny Cad derby, great day. But insane we’ve only won 3 of 25 home league derbies since then.

Was on the kid's carasouel loads, it was where they stuck you when you'd been naughty at work sometimes ha.

Great place to work, dodgems was my favourite I think.

Patrick Berger came with his wife and kid while I was on the caterpillar ride though ha, very pleasant fellow considering his workplace at the time.

I was working at the top of the water slide at Southport fair with it on the radio.

When I scored I kept sounding the buzzer and pulled down my Pleasureland jumpsuit with my Everton shirt underneath.

Reds in the queue on the ground below giving it fingers, Blues realising we must have scored and bouncing up and down then asking me what happened and hugging me when they got to the top.

Days before fancy mobiles giving scores, for me and most at least, radio was still king for those not fortunate enough to be present themselves.
Love this!

Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?

Christ. 25-years ago today. I was 5.
Remember it just like yesterday. My first derby, my grandad took me, who recently passed away and I referenced it during his wake.

Walked away thinking things would always be that good, only for us to not win another for 8 more years.

We just bullied them that day. Admittedly, it was a poor Liverpool side, but we just were all over them. I believe Ruddock score an OG for the other.

First time I properly saw Goodison rock, and will never forget it.

I was there. Still have the same seat in GT4.

A strange thing happened in that game that doesn't normally happen in derbys.... a dodgy decision went our way. They should've had a pen for a blatant handball on the line by Earl Barrett when it was 1-0, but we're owed that (and more).

That game was just about the only thing we had to cheer about in the absolutely atrocious 97/98 season.

Should never have shaved those dreads. Literally went downhill from the following game.

Went downhill when he started smacking his missus around in public, who also happened to be a policemans daughter.

One of the rare occasions, when any footy club acted swiftly and immediately got rid.

He had the lot, but needed someone to guide and look after him off the pitch.

Back then we genuinely did have it over them in derby games. I honestly think in the 90's the rs went into derby games, more worried about us than we were about them. To be fair in both Howards second and third spells as manager, he'd always have the team ready and raring to go when it came to that lot.

The 4-4 FA Cup game in 1991, the replay when we beat them, the derby in December 1992, the game in September 1993 with Bruce the bung taker having it out with McManaman, Big Joes first game as manager in November 1994, the one referenced in this thread, and the super Kevin Campbell derby at anfield in 1999.

The 90's gave us quite a few happy derby memories, we had more happy derby memories than they did for sure that decade. It's about time we start having a few more derby wins, and start having a few more happy memories of these occasions, because sadly in more modern times they seem to have the wood over us alright.

Anyway yeah that was a very memorable day, i still remember everything about that game and that day in general very clearly. I'm quite sad that it's been a quarter of a century ago now. How time flies eh?

Christ. 25-years ago today. I was 5.
Remember it just like yesterday. My first derby, my grandad took me, who recently passed away and I referenced it during his wake.

Walked away thinking things would always be that good, only for us to not win another for 8 more years.

We just bullied them that day. Admittedly, it was a poor Liverpool side, but we just were all over them. I believe Ruddock score an OG for the other.

First time I properly saw Goodison rock, and will never forget it.
I think Slaven Bilic said in the aftermath, that we won because we had more men than them. I think that comment summed everything up really.

On paper the rs may have had a better team, but they had a soft underbelly, a yellow streak running right through them, and to be fair we exposed that yellow streak and soft underbelly that day. We did it to them on more than one occasion that decade as well.

Went downhill when he started smacking his missus around in public, who also happened to be a policemans daughter.

One of the rare occasions, when any footy club acted swiftly and immediately got rid.

He had the lot, but needed someone to guide and look after him off the pitch.
Not quite in the Greenwood stakes, but definitely one with too much too soon

Back then we genuinely did have it over them in derby games. I honestly think in the 90's the rs went into derby games, more worried about us than we were about them. To be fair in both Howards second and third spells as manager, he'd always have the team ready and raring to go when it came to that lot.

The 4-4 FA Cup game in 1991, the replay when we beat them, the derby in December 1992, the game in September 1993 with Bruce the bung taker having it out with McManaman, Big Joes first game as manager in November 1994, the one referenced in this thread, and the super Kevin Campbell derby at anfield in 1999.

The 90's gave us quite a few happy derby memories, we had more happy derby memories than they did for sure that decade. It's about time we start having a few more derby wins, and start having a few more happy memories of these occasions, because sadly in more modern times they seem to have the wood over us alright.

Anyway yeah that was a very memorable day, i still remember everything about that game and that day in general very clearly. I'm quite sad that it's been a quarter of a century ago now. How time flies eh?
We had so many happy derby memories that decade, that i'm actually forgetting some! The Kanchelskis derby at anfield in 1995, and there was one at Goodison in 1997 when Dave Watson was caretaker manager. We got a draw to make ourselves safe from relegation, and we also ended their hopes of winning the title that same evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.