The Cadamarteri derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGW89

Player Valuation: £35m
Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?

Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?

Yes sir, I was there…. ;)

Was anyone there?
Yes - cracking goal

Feels like a lot longer ago than 25 years

….I was doing the Florida theme parks with the family so I remember it well. I was in a queue of traffic on International Drive, saw a car with a RS next to us, couldn’t resist winding the window down & asking if he knew the score!!

Went to a shopping mall, my son had his Everton top on and quite a few people came up to us saying they were chuffed at the result.

I was working at the top of the water slide at Southport fair with it on the radio.

When I scored I kept sounding the buzzer and pulled down my Pleasureland jumpsuit with my Everton shirt underneath.

Reds in the queue on the ground below giving it fingers, Blues realising we must have scored and bouncing up and down then asking me what happened and hugging me when they got to the top.

Days before fancy mobiles giving scores, for me and most at least, radio was still king for those not fortunate enough to be present themselves.

I was working at the top of the water slide at Southport fair with it on the radio.

When I scored I kept sounding the buzzer and pulled down my Pleasureland jumpsuit with my Everton shirt underneath.

Reds in the queue on the ground below giving it fingers, Blues realising we must have scored and bouncing up and down then asking me what happened and hugging me when they got to the top.

Days before fancy mobiles giving scores, for me and most at least, radio was still king for those not fortunate enough to be present themselves.
That’s brilliant!
I also worked at Pleasureland around 92-94, just on one of the kids’ carousels. Players would often bring their kids and I’d try and talk to them. Remember asking Beardsley if he was leaving for Newcastle and his face said it all. Guess I’d have been ITK at that point!

Was also at the Danny Cad derby, great day. But insane we’ve only won 3 of 25 home league derbies since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.