The Cadamarteri derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always remember the theme from "tales of the unexpected" being played at full time. After the 4-1 hiding at Coventry during the week,nobody gave us a prayer,though we actually had a pretty respectable record against them in the 90s,especially at Goodison. Danny Williamson(remember him?!) had a decent game that afternoon.

I was working at the top of the water slide at Southport fair with it on the radio.

When I scored I kept sounding the buzzer and pulled down my Pleasureland jumpsuit with my Everton shirt underneath.

Reds in the queue on the ground below giving it fingers, Blues realising we must have scored and bouncing up and down then asking me what happened and hugging me when they got to the top.

Kin love it! This is what sets us apart from the ket-haired tarquins and jaydens from shropshire that think the king is Mo Salah, not Charles III

Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?
I suspect so

We only lost one out of 11 Goodison derbies in the whole of the 90s, and that was in September 1990. Next time we lost to them at home was the infamous McAllister derby in April 2001.

Won 5, drew 5 and lost just the once to them at our place in that decade in all competitions.

The 90s was generally a poor one overall but the one we certainly enjoyed our most successful derby record in, plus we recorded a couple of wins across the park as well.

Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?

Was there, was meant to be at cousins wedding. Think I chose the right one

I was there as a wee kid. It was my first derby. Some old bloke beside me was crying at the end of the game and I remember being surprised and laughing to myself. I get it now!

At the end of the game I was keen to get back to the Everton shop for another look, so I legged it off on my family through the crowds outside Goodison. I got to the shop, had a another look around and when I left the shop, a police horse pulled up and I was reunited with my freaked out family. Fair play to the police officer.

Boarding the flight home the following day, I was a little kid on top of the world with my new jersey on with “Cadamarteri” on the back, and just as we were approaching the gate, an airport employee shouted at me to say that Cadamateri was spelt wrong. I remember boarding the flight gutted and thinking that your man was a nob. It’s likely that he was a kopite. I probably deserved it though for running off on my family.

Great memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.