The Cadamarteri derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in their famous big stand for this one. Everyone minding their own business till the goal went in. Then all of a sudden there were Blues everywhere

I was in their famous big stand for this one. Everyone minding their own business till the goal went in. Then all of a sudden there were Blues everywhere

....it was at Goodison? Slap bang between our 90s wins at Anfield.

I was there. The rs were poor at that time and we were up for it. Cadamarteri never lacked confidence, even as a youngster. We weren't a great team by any stretch of the imagination, but they were no great shakes either. Man Utd and Arsenal were very much the dominant forces at the time.

Happy memories of that game though :D

Kvarme was quickly dispossessed and Danny was away, only Ruddock chased back to give any cover but the lad second guessed him with a jink and a shot. Magic. Magic. Magic.

Those were the words written by Guy McEvoy 25 years ago today, as Everton thumped a very poor Liverpool team in their best performance of an otherwise abysmal 1997/98 campaign.

Since that day, we have seen just three home league derby victories. Three.... in a quarter of a century.

Was anyone there?
I was!!

Status
Not open for further replies.