The bookies front runners to replace Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva Martinez and Moyes have similar records when it comes to winning games, but Silva loses significantly more games than the other two, whose overall records are remarkably similar.

Only manager who loses more in the recent era (Since beginning of Moyes) than Silva is Unsworth.

Koeman has a really good overall record, better than Benitez, which shows how stats only tell part of the story.

Silva Martinez and Moyes have similar records when it comes to winning games, but Silva loses significantly more games than the other two, whose overall records are remarkably similar.

Only manager who loses more in the recent era (Since beginning of Moyes) than Silva is Unsworth.

Koeman has a really good overall record, better than Benitez, which shows how stats only tell part of the story.
So the moral of the story is 'aim higher'.

I do think we need a big personality, to dominate the players almost.

We always seem to reach a point of malaise, where the timid performance on the pitch is mirrored by the manager on the sideline.

I think both elements of that can feed off each other to an extent.

In part, the cult worship of Brands has arisen due to the rather dull persona exuded by Silva.

There just always seems to be an underlying mix of fear and/or apathy in our recent managers.

A bit more gusto and more truthfulness wouldn't go amiss, particularly in a difficult patch.

This.

Fine margins between success and failure at the top level. Having a manager who can get that extra 10% from a team is massive.

If/when Silva does go, I expect a relatively leftfield appointment. I would hope Brands has a lowdown on all the best up and coming managers, and can find one with the right blend of tactical nowse and charisma to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.