The atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all down to Silva and the players.

We react to what we witness on the pitch.

At least we can go to Saturday's match expecting a positive approach.

Problem is we will go to Saturdays match expecting to win and that is a big problem of ours. That expectation dulls an atmosphere and if things are not going according to plan then we have the groans etc more quickly. Don't get me wrong...if we play scintillating football against anyone then the atmosphere is cackling away but if the going is labourous then cue the groans especially against the lesser teams.

Here we go again. We are no different to most other crowds in the PL. Anyone watch the Arsenal game last week end, with the mass exodus long before the end? That was with a new manager. A few grounds where the crowds expectations are usually limited to survival are much louder, witness in particular Palace where they cheer everything.

More atmosphere on the moon
Park End Toffs need to find a voice
Last week at wolves most of our fans stood the whole game and it was a good atmosphere, when we go to the dock, I hope we have a terrace section(like Celtic have) as I'm sure this will create a better one, think the old lady will be bouncing today:celebrate:

I've said it before here.

Goodison is a very nervous crowd. Not that we are all super fans who want Everton to win more than fans of their own clubs. But it is very nervous, so if players are going all in wanting the ball, attacking, flying into tackles. The nervousness is released through joy, passion and support etc.

If the players are doing nothing and getting played off the pitch by bums, then the nervousness is released with anger, annoyance then sadly booing.
You can feel the crowd bubbling at the very start, it just takes something really good or bad to change that mood.

There's no way to change this in my opinion, is what it is and it's been n that way for a while.

I'm happy we're not happy clapping seals but I do wish we gave our players a bit more patience.

But where does my booing group fit into all this? The meeting place is arranged in Goodison Road for 1.30pm, plus or minus 100 are expected, and the police say it is OK provided there are no homophobic or racial chanting. It would be terrible if we win easily and all our efforts are wasted.

Fans are now customers paying to see an event rather supporters actually supporting their team. We have been treated as such forever but it's never been so obvious and blatant as now. Match going fans are considered an irrelevance or minor nuisance, who are only tolerated by the powers that be because full grounds look better on tv. Its not difficult really, if you treat fans customer's they'll act like them and demand value for their money.

Combine that with the generally apathy that's infected the club for going on thirty years now and it's hardly surprising that the atmophere at Goodison is none existent. We've had next to nothing to cheer during all this time yet are expected to just shrug it off and say things could be worse?!

Because while its true that things could be much worse for us, just reminding fans that at least we aren't Aston Villa or Leeds or any of the other "bigger clubs" that have fallen apart in last twenty years isn't exacally somthing to get blood pumping is it? We're supposed to just be satisfied with out lot while other clubs at least attempt to compete for trophy's. The club has brought this on itself, yes the atmophere at Goodison is dead and it's a direct consequence of the club's actions over the last twenty-five plus years.

Last edited:

Here we go again. We are no different to most other crowds in the PL. Anyone watch the Arsenal game last week end, with the mass exodus long before the end? That was with a new manager. A few grounds where the crowds expectations are usually limited to survival are much louder, witness in particular Palace where they cheer everything.

I disagree. Negativity is very strong at GP

Status
Not open for further replies.