The Arteta Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAF Rob, whats that?

I think this is the year the world will realise how good Arteta is. He's so consistently good now that it wont be long before he attracts a few greedy eyes from the rich clubs, im just so surprised that more arnt after him already. Thank god he's just signed the new contract.

He's definitely my favourite player of the moment, and if he carries on this way he may even go down as an Everton legend! (or have i just jinxed him now)

sir alex "rudolph" ferguson.

Ok, here's the latest Spain squad for their upcoming matches:

Squad:

Goalkeepers - Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool)

Defenders - Mariano Pernia (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Ibanez (Atletico Madrid), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Juanito (Real Betis)

Midfielders - Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Miguel Angel Angulo (Valencia), David Silva (Valencia), David Albelda (Valencia), Joaquin (Valencia)

Forwards - David Villa (Valencia), Fernando Torres

Sorry but Angulo? Alonso? Albelda? The Spain coach is having a laugh by once again overlooking Arteta. In fact, there isn't one midfielder I'd take on that list over Arteta on current form right now. Seriously.

Oh well, at least he gets some rest and no chance of him getting hurt in an international fixture.

Still makes me mad though.

Yeah I know what you mean, Arteta is one of the best players in the premiership right now and deserves his chance, he must be wondering what he needs to do to impress.

Just show them what their missing Arteta old man, just bloody show them!

Can't help but being personally happy when our players aren't picked for their national teams since they get some much needed rest while other players won't.

But as a player I can understand their frustration about not being picked simply because they don't play in a "top" team. If Arteta had shown this form while playing for ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal.. he'd be in the spanish national team.

Outside of the UK people only ever realistically pay attention to the top 4. If we have a good UEFA cup run then the whole of Europe will see what Arteta has to offer and he will be picked. He has shown faith in Moyes to create that team to give him the opportunity by extending his contract, now all we have to do is keep doing what we are doing and more of our players will become internationals and Arteta will get the opportunity that he truly deserves.

Outside of the UK people only ever realistically pay attention to the top 4. If we have a good UEFA cup run then the whole of Europe will see what Arteta has to offer and he will be picked. He has shown faith in Moyes to create that team to give him the opportunity by extending his contract, now all we have to do is keep doing what we are doing and more of our players will become internationals and Arteta will get the opportunity that he truly deserves.

Amen to that. Talked to a football interested guy at work today and he admits he'd never heard about Arteta before the start of this season.

along those lines, i have an italian friend who follows the sport professionally and i was asking him this past summer what he thought of arteta, who i was describing as the best player on the team...and he said for one, he expected arteta to be playing in spain this season haha...but other than that, said that he thought cahill was a superior player. i love timmy (and have his shirt), but my amateur eye sees arteta as the top player on the squad...i think this goes back to gaz'z point about the lack of appreciation that mikel receives outside of the blue half of liverpool (and of course, the appreciation he gains/will gain following every masterful performance on the road--see tottenham).

I'd rather not have him in the national team, can't stand having to read rumours linking him to barca or real every week just like how they link fabregas to them!

I'd rather not have him in the national team, can't stand having to read rumours linking him to barca or real every week just like how they link fabregas to them!

Yep must admit that has a selfish but true element to it but we have to hope for the best for him because he is the best;)

At least Sociedad have been relegated; he won't be tempted back there in a hurry.

Especially while that miserable git is managing them. Just seeing his face makes me so angry......I need a lie down.

Yep I agree with what your all saying. Him not being picked for Spain is a mixed blessing in a way.

I feel sorry for him as he's one of the best in the premiership, yet cos he plays for us he's not getting a look in, but then as an Evertonian, its good cos its keeps those other teams grubby mits off.

Im happy for him not being in the national team, he cant get injured then or his ear bent by Spains top clubs.

Isnt there a rule where if you play here for so long you can apply for citizenship and therefore represent the national team. Hes been here for two and a half years.

But then McClaren would probably pick Jenas in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.