The Arteta Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
could yakubu be 'that' finisher we need? johnson isnt a born and bred finisher, need to see more of vaughan, victor is more a hold up player, mcfadden has a bit of everything but not enough of anything, and cahill is the attacking midfielder lethal at heading.

It took drogba over a year to settle into that role and become the complete focus for all chelsea goals.

man ure have still not replaced van nistelroy(sp)

the [Poor language removed] have been searching for the complete finisher since they let fowler go (first time)

arsenal struggled for goals last season with henry out - who is now at barcelona - rvp is a fine player but isnt the same calibre as henry for sheer goal scoring ability.

newcastle seem to have a player in martins that can score regularly.

could yakubu come in for us and be 'the finisher' that will thrive in the space johnson makes and be 'the finisher' that completes the arteta moves with stunning regularity?

wiki wiki wild wild west...

Full name.............Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Date of birth ........November 22, 1982 (1982-11-22) (age 24)
Place of birth........Benin City, Nigeria
Height.................1.84 m (6 ft +1⁄2 in)

Years............................Club.......................App (Gls)*
1998-1999....................Julius Berger.............. 0(0)
1999-2000....................Hapoel Kfar Saba........23 (6)
2000-2003....................Maccabi Haifa............36 (24)
2003-2005....................Portsmouth................81 (36)
2005-..........................Middlesbrough............71 (25)

haifa was 2 in 3 games
pompey almost 1 in 2
boro is just better than 1 in 3

being fair i expect the service and class around him at everton would see him fare somewhat better than at the dirge-fest that is boro. But i thought that about beattie, so is he the missing link or is he more likely to go walkabout and see us stung for over 10M.

(side note: mido has signed for boro)

"mido has completed his £6m move to middlesbrough from tottenham.

the 24 year old egypt striker has signed a four year contract at the riverside and has been granted a work permit and could be in line for his debut against fulham on saturday.

manager gareth southgate told the club website: 'mido is a player i believe possibly has a point to prove. hes got a desire to come here and score goals.' "

If Yak can average 1 goal in 3 games I'm actually quite happy. If our strikers can have that ratio in average we'd make a load of goals.

Gone are the times when we relied on a single player to save our bacon (Campbell) and just looked to a selected few to score. We now have midfielders that can score from open play and FK, we have defenders that are a real threat on corners and we have strikers that know where the goal is (AJ, Anichebe, Vaughan).. even though AJ hasn't scored much since his great start of last season.

Back on topic, to add my voice: that Spurs analysis is spot on. Agreed on all the points you all made, but you missed one: he is so much fun to watch. You'd think any neutrals watching the game would want him on the ball all the time (like us).

So when BK says the first priority in strengthening the squad this year was Arteta's contract, that's a FACT!

Back on topic, to add my voice: that Spurs analysis is spot on. Agreed on all the points you all made, but you missed one: he is so much fun to watch. You'd think any neutrals watching the game would want him on the ball all the time (like us).

So when BK says the first priority in strengthening the squad this year was Arteta's contract, that's a FACT!

Nailed onlol lol lol lol

What we need is a fox in the box

Francis-Jeffers-Kent-News-3j0o427.jpg

But this thread, of course, is in appreciation of the great Mikel. So what do you like best?

the hair,
the chiselled features,
toned spanish physique.
Ah, we love you Mikel!!!

bollocks wrong forum.
Thought this was Grand Old Gays for a minute! I'm always putting my foot in it.
Admittedly only chico enjoyed that one...

Mikel is probalby the most exciting player to watch since Kanchelskis was briefly here. Its so important to have these kinds of players as it reafirms everyones faith in why football can be so good to watch.

We are going to see him marked out or bullied out of games more this season. Spurs briefly tried it, that tackle by sibierski was awful, but I expect other toughter teams will really try to go to work on him. Maybe we need to set up Carsley as his on-field bodygaurd!

Mikel is probalby the most exciting player to watch since Kanchelskis was briefly here. Its so important to have these kinds of players as it reafirms everyones faith in why football can be so good to watch.

We are going to see him marked out or bullied out of games more this season. Spurs briefly tried it, that tackle by sibierski was awful, but I expect other toughter teams will really try to go to work on him. Maybe we need to set up Carsley as his on-field bodygaurd!

or do a SAF and make any foul on arteta a yellow card :D

or do a SAF and make any foul on arteta a yellow card :D

SAF Rob, whats that?

I think this is the year the world will realise how good Arteta is. He's so consistently good now that it wont be long before he attracts a few greedy eyes from the rich clubs, im just so surprised that more arnt after him already. Thank god he's just signed the new contract.

He's definitely my favourite player of the moment, and if he carries on this way he may even go down as an Everton legend! (or have i just jinxed him now)

Status
Not open for further replies.