The Arteta Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking just this morning how a sense of calm descended over me whenever Mikey had the ball. When most of our guys have the ball I'm thinking "don't [Poor language removed] up, don't [Poor language removed] up" but with Mikey you just know he'll do something special. Lets hope he stays with us for a very long time.

I was thinking just this morning how a sense of calm descended over me whenever Mikey had the ball. When most of our guys have the ball I'm thinking "don't [Poor language removed] up, don't [Poor language removed] up" but with Mikey you just know he'll do something special. Lets hope he stays with us for a very long time.

MY feelings exactly. When he had it you knew something would come of it.. when others had it the thoughts went: "Please don't loose it too quickly so they can counter".

thats a great little write-up....when mav and i were watching the wigan game, we kept coming back to the same analogy...his style of play is that of a point guard in basketball...always setting others up, in complete control of the ball...and therefore the pace of the game...and when necessary he can take it himself and create his own chances. and the way he is playing, he would be like the best point guard in the best league in the world right now as far as im concerned.

I'm not sure about the name of this organization/fanclub though...

"Arteta Appreciation Society" AAS... sounds.. lame.

"Arteta Supporters Society" ASS.. has a more.. catching name to it. ;)

about time people relised it. well he's all ours 'evil laugh' so they can all stay well away. he really does get better and better though

thats a great little write-up....when mav and i were watching the wigan game, we kept coming back to the same analogy...his style of play is that of a point guard in basketball...always setting others up, in complete control of the ball...and therefore the pace of the game...and when necessary he can take it himself and create his own chances. and the way he is playing, he would be like the best point guard in the best league in the world right now as far as im concerned.

Arteta does that very well in midfield. Do you not think that AJ, if he can't see a goal scoring opportunity for himself has the brain to see them for others and creates also. Very very intelligent player. He does the creation role for up front in the thick of it, and Arteta does it from the distance. Brilliant effect.

nice combination, huh....and wouldnt it be great to have a big guy like the yak down there so that arteta and aj can feed him.

nice combination, huh....and wouldnt it be great to have a big guy like the yak down there so that arteta and aj can feed him.

I have had Yak milk, (over to chico) hahahahaha

That statement prods me and says"we don't need Yak" then it says"we have Vaughany that can finish with the feed from these lads and save 10 mill"

in the sports that i follow over here i generally look at teams spending money as "well, its not my cash...so spend away" (so long as it doesnt hinder the team down the road, of course). and with the yak, would come depth. have him and aj up front, vaughan first off the bench...makes the whole team better. not that i dont think vaughan is a fine starting option...but with injuries, one never knows. and, not that i know much, but yak certainly has proven more in the prem than vaughan, no?

(dont want this post to seem negative about vaughan--i think hes awesome and would have no problem with him starting once fit).

(dont want this post to seem negative about vaughan--i think hes awesome and would have no problem with him starting once fit).

No sweat.. Biggest problem with Vaughan/AJ partnership is that they are too similar in style of play. Yak would fit the mold and do a good partnership with both of them... much like Anichebe does.

wiz, thanks...thats the kind of stuff i come here for...i just dont know enough about other players in the prem yet to really 'get it.'

Status
Not open for further replies.