THE 2020/2021 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Izzy's 2nd goal and Evertons 3rd was a peach. Looks like we played some decent stuff in parts and were a bit sloppy on others which is to be expected as they've had quite a long break.
Really only went sloppy at pretty much 4 up, and the 1st few mins, but that was to be expected i would think, Izzy has never got a hattrick before but was subbed off before having the chance of maybe getting that, probably with wednesday game in mind,and over the comming weeks Everton will play like 2 games in 3 days then have 3-4 weeks off which is odd

It defo does, before today just 5 league games in 3months, yet including today we have 3 in a week, should win wednesday and though spurs away next week who have 3 wins in a row may be tough, that should be a win probably, that game at spurs last year was so one sided for 70mins yet we ended 2-2, after next week there is due to be a 2 week break due to the FA CUP been suspended-so really they could fit the Everton v man utd game which got called off last week in on the weekend of the 30th Jan if they wanted to
True. To be fair it seems postponements (whether pandemic- or weather-forced) are made in a more "proactive" fashion in the Women's league. Calling the Man City men's game off literally at the eleventh hour was ridiculous. Looking in the cold light of day, with the huge global and commercial aspects of the men's game, you'd expect them to be right on top of doing things quickly and efficiently. However, therein they haven't covered themselves in glory particularly with the "inconsistent" nature (ie depends who's playing) in which games are cancelled. Still as i said, great to see the ladies back, and with a confidence-boosting win too....

True. To be fair it seems postponements (whether pandemic- or weather-forced) are made in a more "proactive" fashion in the Women's league. Calling the Man City men's game off literally at the eleventh hour was ridiculous. Looking in the cold light of day, with the huge global and commercial aspects of the men's game, you'd expect them to be right on top of doing things quickly and efficiently. However, therein they haven't covered themselves in glory particularly with the "inconsistent" nature (ie depends who's playing) in which games are cancelled. Still as i said, great to see the ladies back, and with a confidence-boosting win too....
Yep,our game at Reading has been moved from the wednesday to thursday next month as well, which actually works out well as original date is night Everton [Hopefully] Play wycombe or spurs, Everton should complete a few moves this week for 2 defenders as well, Transfer window in womens game was 1st Jan till 28th Jan

The Results of the WSL/Championship Virus Tests, Every week below

Period Tests carried out Positive tests
2 July – 11 July 8021
12 July – 19 July 11940
20 July – 26 July 15440
27 July – 1 August 14740
2 August – 8 August 9640
9 August – 15 August 9000
16 August – 22 August 8260
30 August – 5 September 8851
6 September – 13 September 8870
14 September – 20 September 8601
21 September – 27 September 8631
28 September – 4 October 9402
5 October – 11 October 9112
12 October – 18 October 8802
19 October – 25 October 69910
26 October – 1 November 7911
2 November – 8 November 9618
9 November – 15 November 9204
16 November – 22 November 8965
23 November – 29 November 7884
30 November – 6 December 8672
7 December – 13 December 8544
14 December – 20 December 86432
28 December – 3 January 63515
4 January – 10 January 94215
11 January – 17 January 92116

The rearranged Birmingham v Everton game tonight has been called off again for the 2nd time, due again to a waterlogged pitch
Next game away to spurs sunday 2.30pm

Everton midfielder Damaris Egurrola has completed a six-figure transfer to European champions Lyon.

Spain international Egurrola joined Everton back in September following the expiry of her contract with Athletic Bilbao.

Everton Women Sporting and Commercial Director, Sarvar Ismailov, conceded the Club could not deny Egurrola the opportunity to sign for the continent’s pre-eminent team.

French club Lyon have exerted a sustained stranglehold over European football and won the past five editions of the Champions League.

“It is important we make it clear that the only reason we are letting Damaris go is because we want her to fulfil her dream,” Ismailov told evertonfc.com.

“We had to look at the situation from a player’s perspective: when Lyon call you, you don’t turn it down.

“Sanctioning the transfer wasn’t financially driven on our part. We turned down three previous offers from Lyon but, ultimately, I couldn’t take that opportunity away from Damaris and her family.

“Lyon must have seen something special in her and I believe we managed to get the right deal to compensate for the loss of an excellent player.”

The accomplished Egurrola played in Everton’s FA Cup final defeat by Manchester City in November.

She helped Wille Kirk’s team to a bright start in the Women’s Super League, with Everton sitting fifth ahead of a visit from Bristol City on Sunday.

“The day I saw footage of Damaris back in summer I fell in love with her game and, to be honest, signed her that same evening, without thinking twice,” continued Ismailov.

“I always tell her she is [Manchester City midfielder] Rodri in the women’s game.

“It’s an amazing story, to be honest, six months ago she was without a club and now she is signing for Lyon.

“We wish Damaris all the very best for her future.”

1611163449133.png

Everton have completed the signing of England great Jill Scott on loan from Manchester City for the remainder of the 2020/21 campaign.

Midfielder Scott returns to Everton having enjoyed a successful seven-year spell with the Blues between 2006 and 2013. She was part of the Everton team that won the Premier League Cup in 2007/08 and the FA Women’s Cup in 2019/10.

In a distinguished international career, the 33-year-old has won a staggering 149 senior caps and scored 25 goals for England.

Scott is second only to Fara Williams in the Lionesses’ all-time appearance chart.

She has played for her country at four World Cups and was a key figure in the England teams which reached the semi-finals of the competition in 2015 and 2019.

Scott was also part of the Lionesses side that finished runners-up in the 2009 European Championships and she represented Great Britain at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

In addition to the domestic silverware Scott won during her maiden stint at Everton, she has lifted one Women’s Super League title, three FA Women’s Cups and three WSL Continental Cups with Manchester City.

Everton boss Willie Kirk said: "I am delighted to be able to bring Jill back to the Club.

“She was a pivotal figure at Everton when the Women’s Super League was first formed and went on to become a significant part of Manchester City establishing themselves as one of the top clubs in this country.

“Her achievements in the game are incredible, and that was recognised with her MBE in the 2020 New Year’s Honours list.

“She is very excited to join us and I expect her to challenge and raise our standards, adding to the good work we are doing.

“It may only be a loan deal until the end of the season but I feel she can have a long-term impact to the journey that we are currently on.

“I'm really looking forward to working with her and it is another sign of our intent."

Scott will be in contention to make her Everton return in Sunday’s WSL clash away to Tottenham Hotspur (2.30pm kick-off).

Everton Women Sporting and Commercial Director, Sarvar Ismailov, added: “It is great to welcome Jill back home. We all know the qualities which she brings to our squad but, most importantly, she gives us that winning mentality which will help our team.

“We are still in the process of strengthening and building that winning squad that can challenge the top four in the WSL.”

Everton have completed the signing of England great Jill Scott on loan from Manchester City for the remainder of the 2020/21 campaign.

Midfielder Scott returns to Everton having enjoyed a successful seven-year spell with the Blues between 2006 and 2013. She was part of the Everton team that won the Premier League Cup in 2007/08 and the FA Women’s Cup in 2019/10.

In a distinguished international career, the 33-year-old has won a staggering 149 senior caps and scored 25 goals for England.

Scott is second only to Fara Williams in the Lionesses’ all-time appearance chart.

She has played for her country at four World Cups and was a key figure in the England teams which reached the semi-finals of the competition in 2015 and 2019.

Scott was also part of the Lionesses side that finished runners-up in the 2009 European Championships and she represented Great Britain at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

In addition to the domestic silverware Scott won during her maiden stint at Everton, she has lifted one Women’s Super League title, three FA Women’s Cups and three WSL Continental Cups with Manchester City.

Everton boss Willie Kirk said: "I am delighted to be able to bring Jill back to the Club.

“She was a pivotal figure at Everton when the Women’s Super League was first formed and went on to become a significant part of Manchester City establishing themselves as one of the top clubs in this country.

“Her achievements in the game are incredible, and that was recognised with her MBE in the 2020 New Year’s Honours list.

“She is very excited to join us and I expect her to challenge and raise our standards, adding to the good work we are doing.

“It may only be a loan deal until the end of the season but I feel she can have a long-term impact to the journey that we are currently on.

“I'm really looking forward to working with her and it is another sign of our intent."

Scott will be in contention to make her Everton return in Sunday’s WSL clash away to Tottenham Hotspur (2.30pm kick-off).

Everton Women Sporting and Commercial Director, Sarvar Ismailov, added: “It is great to welcome Jill back home. We all know the qualities which she brings to our squad but, most importantly, she gives us that winning mentality which will help our team.

“We are still in the process of strengthening and building that winning squad that can challenge the top four in the WSL.”

Good signing for us that

Status
Not open for further replies.