THE 2020/2021 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNDAY 9TH MAY 2.30PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
MAN UTD WOMEN 2 EVERTON WOMEN 0

Everton Travelled to Man Utd on the final day of the WSL season today in a game that meant nothing to either, other than pride. Everton knew that they would end the season in 5th place, which is their highest finish in the league since they also finished 5th in 2013, Everton off course always find the games tougher to win when they are up against one of the so called better teams - Mostly the super 3 at the top of the WSL in Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal, but they have also lost the only 3 games league they have played v Man utd with man utd winning 5 of the 6 games in all comps with Everton conceeding 3 goals in 4 of those 6 games, Man City are the only other WSL team with a 100% record v Everton in the WSL with 10 wins from 10 or 16 consecutive games all comps, Everton made 1 change to the starting line up v man utd with Nicoline Sorensen replacing Lucy Graham

The game started with Man utd having most of the ball and it was them who opened the scoring on 6mins via Ella Toone-the same player who opened the scoring in their 2-0 win at Walton Park with a super control and finish from a excellent cross via Christen Press, it was nearly 2-0 on 9mins when Press down the left crossed and again it was Toone with the header but it was easy for MacIver. Toone again on 11mins had an angled right foot shot that again was easy for MacIver, on 14mins again it should have been a man utd goal with this time Christen Press somehow heading wide when free and yards out from a Jackie Groenen cross, Everton finally made it to the man utd box on 19mins when after a few neat passes, Sorensen put a ball cross the area that was missed by all, on 21mins Everton had there 1st shot on target when Claire Emslie tried a curler but got it wrong and it was easy for the man utd keeper after been set up by Raso, Sorensen again down the right after weaving in and out the man utd back line put a super cross in that was just to high for Raso on 28mins, 1 minute later Everton had a triple chance when Izzy Christiansen 1st scuffed a shot, with the rebound been blocked, with the follow up been hit over by defender Gabby George, Poppy Pattinson on 40mins headed wide for Everton after another super cross from the right after more good play by Raso and sorensen, claire Emslie after a brilliant run from one end to the other shot over, in Injury time Sorensen charged down the right wing and looked to find Emslie. The Scottish international almost connects with the header but Turner beats her to it, and bar the 1st 15mins Everton have done well. the score at HT was 1-0 man utd

on 56mins Everton had the 1st real half chance when Christiansen put in one of those cross shots that was going top corner but in the end there was not enough loop and it dropped into Mary Earps hands, on 60mins Claire Emlise got through the back line and but had her shot saved, Amy turner then headed wide from a free kick for man utd on 64mins, Raso on 66mins then had a powerful shot blocked that went for a corner that came to nothing, Press for man utd on 71mins then shot from distance wide, on 76mins Everton had a free kick that the man utd keeper missed with sevecke shooting into the side netting on the volley, Toone had a curler wide on 87mins in a rare attack for man utd but it became 2-0 on 89mins from a corner headed in by sub Hanson, but the final game ended in defeat for Everton who put in an excellent performance

MAN UTD SCORER ELLA TOONE
1620568644529.png

MAN UTD SCORER KIRSTY HANSON
1620573876454.png

EVERTON TEAM

Maclver, Finnigan, Wold, Sevecke, George, Pattinson, Sorensen, Emslie, Scott, Christiansen, Raso
Subs Korpela, Clemaron, Clinton, Lehmann, Boye-Hlorkah, Magill, Graham, Gauvin,

EVERTON SUB ON 64MINS
Graham on for Sorensen

EVERTON SUB ON 76MINS
Gauvin on for Pattinson

EVERTON SUB ON 81MINS
Lehmann on for Wold

Referee: Louise Saunders
Assistant Referee: Karl Buckley
Assistant Referee: Amy Barber
Fourth Official: Elizabeth Simms

Everton defender Ingrid Moe Wold will retire from football following the conclusion of the 2020/21 campaign.

The Norway international joined the Toffees last summer and has been one of the consistent performers for Willie Kirk’s side this season.

The 31-year-old has made the decision to pursue a career in physiotherapy in her home country.

Wold finishes her career with 12 major honours and has represented her country twice at the World Cup and once at the European Championship.

The Norwegian spoke of her decision to hang up her boots.

“It’s the most difficult decision in my life,” the full-back told evertontv.

“There's been some really tough few weeks but I think it’s the right decision for me and that I’m ready to start the next chapter in life.

“I’m a physiotherapist so I want to work with young athletes doing injury prevention.

“That’s my dream job so I’m really lucky to get that opportunity to have something to do after my [playing] career.

I’m also looking forward to spending some more time with my friends and family, of course.

“I’m ready to start a new adventure.”

Wold spoke of the support she has received from the staff and players at Everton since making her announcement.

"Willie [Kirk] has been amazing through all of this.

“He was really supportive and has handled it really well.

“He’s been incredible.

“I’ve felt like I was at home from the very beginning.

“The players are brilliant, the coach, the staff, but they are even better human beings.

“That’s what I appreciate the most and I’m so happy that I got the opportunity to get to know every single one of them.

“It really is the People’s Club and I’m really proud to have been a part of it.”

Manager Willie Kirk issued his gratitude to Wold’s commitment to Everton this season.

“I'm obviously disappointed to see Moe leave but she leaves with our best wishes,” Kirk said.

“I feel privileged to have played a part in her career and to have worked with her in these past 12 months.

“She’s sacrificed her whole life up to this point to follow her dream and follow full-time football.

She’s obviously managed that and we are lucky enough to have had her at Everton.

“In my opinion, she’s got few years left in her easily but she’s sacrificing that to look after the long-term future in her life and that is making sure she supports her partner as he follows his dream and his job.

“That’s just the type of person she is. She sacrifices herself for the benefit of others and I think that tells you a lot about Moe as a person.

“We’ll obviously miss her around the place but as I say, what’s she done for the Club in the past 12 months has been fantastic.

“She’s been so consistent and professional everyday she’s been in.”

Wold played an integral part on taking the Toffees to Wembley this season. A memory and an experience she will never forget.

“I never would have imagined that I would play in an FA Cup final at Wembley.

“That was really huge and one of the best moments of my career.

“It’s been a dream.

“Getting the opportunity to come here and experience the most competitive league in the world.

“To meet world-class players every single day and every single weekend, it’s been amazing.

“I’m happy I could end my career here.”

Everyone at the Club would like to wish Ingrid Moe Wold all the best for her future and a happy retirement.

THURSDAY 20TH MAY 7PM KO
5TH ROUND VITALITY WOMENS FA CUP 2020/2021
CHELSEA WOMEN 3 EVERTON WOMEN 0

Everton after last playing 11 days ago, finally play what will be their final game of the season in the FA CUP tonight, v the very team they knocked out this comp in the Q/F in October in what was last season's fa cup, The slight delay for the wait for this game was due due to Chelsea Women losing 4-0 to Barcelona in the women's champions league final last sunday with those 4 goals comming in the 1st 35mins, Everton are one of only 4 teams to beat chelsea in any comp this season with 2 of the chelsea defeats comming in the last 5 games, Everton were also the 1st team to give chelsea their 1st defeat in a 90min game any comp in 15months when they won that cup game in october - The draw for the quarter final whoever gets through is the 28th may with the quarter final's due to take place on the 29th september, while the semi finals are the 31st october with the final on the 5th december - a very long wait for the final 3 rounds,

Everton made 1 change from the man utd game with Gauvin starting only her 2nd game in 2 months, she came in for Nicoline sorensen who dropped to the bench, Abbey Stringer returned to the bench from Injury, Everton started very well and were close to going 1up in the 1st minute from an inswinging corner missed ,before the return ball was mis controlled by defender Gabby George who only had to control and turn as she was totally free, Everton went close again on 7mins when Hayley Raso after a run down the right put a ball across with Gauvin's flick shot been saved by chelsea keeper Berger's leg with the resulting corner comming to nothing, on 12mins Chelsea had their 1st half a chance from a direct free kick centre of the 18 yard box but Reiten's free kick deflected up off the wall -Sam kerr from the resulting corner had a free header easily saved by Maclver on 14mins, Kerr on 17mins then pulled the ball back for Reiten who's shot was right at the Toffee's keeper, on 18mins Everton were so close to going ahead when a super angled ball over the top by Pattinson found Claire Emslie at the back post beating the offside trap and her 1st time shot was palmed up into the air by Berger at point blank range, Beth England then had a shot from distance that struck the side of the post before one minute later chelsea took the lead after a mistake by Everton defender Meg finnigan when Kerr played in Reiten who found the bottom left corner of MacIver's net. Chelsea then took control after that game and were under lots of pressure and it was nearly 2-0 on 35mins but for a super save from Maclver via a Cuthbert shot, after Gabby George cleared a shot just infront of the goal line, Beth England then headed home on 43mins but the goal was give as offside, but chelsea led 1-0 at Half Time

The 2nd half began with no changes for either team, on 50mins Chelsea for the 2nd time tonight hit the woodwork from distance, this time from millie bright, just one minute later chelsea again could have gone 2up when sam kerr had a one on one but Sandy MacIver made a super save, Poppy Patterson then shot over from the edge of the 18 yard box after been set up by Christensen on 56mins, on 61mins Everton defender Gabby George showed all her skill and strength to break into the box. She squared the ball along the 6 yard box but it was cleaered away from where an Everton forward should have been, 2 everton players were around but not close enough, sam kerr again had another shot saved by Maclver's foot on 64mins, on 65mins Christiansen played a free kick into the area with Gauvin's back header or chelsea defender Carter's header making Berger make the save, Gabby George then claimed a pen for everton when she was brought down by beth england or sliped on the ball, Raso then shot over for Everton on 67mins, on 74mins another chance came for Everton as Moe Wold on the byeline found Sorensen with a cross in from the right. The sub controlled the ball and fired her volley over the angle of the bar. on 76mins chelsea keeper Berger's clearance out hit one of the Everton players in the box with the ball falling to Gauvin who sliped as she went to meet it, and chelsea then went down the other end with sevecke not dealing well enough with the chelsea ball and Sam kerr blasting home to make it 2-0 on 77mins, on 87mins it became 3-0 to chelsea when Drew Spence's deflected header of Nicoline Sorensen beat MacIver who was close to clawing the ball away to safety. Just like the 4-0 league game here were they conceeded 3 in the last 15mins Everton again conceeded 2 late goals, and with that 3-0 was the final score as Everton were knocked out this season's fa cup

CHELSEA SCORER GURO REITEN
1621535949261.png

CHELSEA SCORER SAM KERR
1621539899445.png

CHELSEA SCORER DRW SPENCER
1621540314924.png

A guard of honour and a bunch of flowers presented by Guro Reiten to Moe wold who retired at the age of 31 tonight for Everton

1621540990421.png

EVERTON TEAM
Maclver, Finnigan, Wold, Sevecke, George, Pattinson, ,Emslie, Scott,Christiansen, Raso, Gauvin

Subs Korpela, Clemaron,
Clinton, Lehmann, Stringer, Boye-Hlorkah, Magill, Graham, Sorensen,

Everton Sub on 67mins
Sorensen on for Emslie

Everton Sub 83mins
Graham on for Gauvin

Everton Sub on 90mins
Boye-Hlorkah on for Wold

Referee: Kirsty Dowle
Assistant Referee: Emily Carney
Assistant Referee: Ceri Williams
Fourth Official: Lisa Benn

Last edited:
THURSDAY 20TH MAY 7PM KO
5TH ROUND VITALITY WOMENS FA CUP 2020/2021
CHELSEA WOMEN 3 EVERTON WOMEN 0

Everton after last playing 11 days ago, finally play what will be their final game of the season in the FA CUP tonight, v the very team they knocked out this comp in the Q/F in October in what was last season's fa cup, The slight delay for the wait for this game was due due to Chelsea Women losing 4-0 to Barcelona in the women's champions league final last sunday with those 4 goals comming in the 1st 35mins, Everton are one of only 4 teams to beat chelsea in any comp this season with 2 of the chelsea defeats comming in the last 5 games, Everton were also the 1st team to give chelsea their 1st defeat in a 90min game any comp in 15months when they won that cup game in october - The draw for the quarter final whoever gets through is the 28th may with the quarter final's due to take place on the 29th september, while the semi finals are the 31st october with the final on the 5th december - a very long wait for the final 3 rounds,

Everton made 1 change from the man utd game with Gauvin starting only her 2nd game in 2 months, she came in for Nicoline sorensen who dropped to the bench, Abbey Stringer returned to the bench from Injury, Everton started very well and were close to going 1up in the 1st minute from an inswinging corner missed ,before the return ball was mis controlled by defender Gabby George who only had to control and turn as she was totally free, Everton went close again on 7mins when Hayley Raso after a run down the right put a ball across with Gauvin's flick shot been saved by chelsea keeper Berger's leg with the resulting corner comming to nothing, on 12mins Chelsea had their 1st half a chance from a direct free kick centre of the 18 yard box but Reiten's free kick deflected up off the wall -Sam kerr from the resulting corner had a free header easily saved by Maclver on 14mins, Kerr on 17mins then pulled the ball back for Reiten who's shot was right at the Toffee's keeper, on 18mins Everton were so close to going ahead when a super angled ball over the top by Pattinson found Claire Emslie at the back post beating the offside trap and her 1st time shot was palmed up into the air by Berger at point blank range, Beth England then had a shot from distance that struck the side of the post before one minute later chelsea took the lead after a mistake by Everton defender Meg finnigan when Kerr played in Reiten who found the bottom left corner of MacIver's net. Chelsea then took control after that game and were under lots of pressure and it was nearly 2-0 on 35mins but for a super save from Maclver via a Cuthbert shot, after Gabby George cleared a shot just infront of the goal line, Beth England then headed home on 43mins but the goal was give as offside, but chelsea led 1-0 at Half Time

The 2nd half began with no changes for either team, on 50mins Chelsea for the 2nd time tonight hit the woodwork from distance, this time from millie bright, just one minute later chelsea again could have gone 2up when sam kerr had a one on one but Sandy MacIver made a super save, Poppy Patterson then shot over from the edge of the 18 yard box after been set up by Christensen on 56mins, on 61mins Everton defender Gabby George showed all her skill and strength to break into the box. She squared the ball along the 6 yard box but it was cleaered away from where an Everton forward should have been, 2 everton players were around but not close enough, sam kerr again had another shot saved by Maclver's foot on 64mins, on 65mins Christiansen played a free kick into the area with Gauvin's back header or chelsea defender Carter's header making Berger make the save, Gabby George then claimed a pen for everton when she was brought down by beth england or sliped on the ball, Raso then shot over for Everton on 67mins, on 74mins another chance came for Everton as Moe Wold on the byeline found Sorensen with a cross in from the right. The sub controlled the ball and fired her volley over the angle of the bar. on 76mins chelsea keeper Berger's clearance out hit one of the Everton players in the box with the ball falling to Gauvin who sliped as she went to meet it, and chelsea then went down the other end with sevecke not dealing well enough with the chelsea ball and Sam kerr blasting home to make it 2-0 on 77mins, on 87mins it became 3-0 to chelsea when Drew Spence's deflected header of Nicoline Sorensen beat MacIver who was close to clawing the ball away to safety. Just like the 4-0 league game here were they conceeded 3 in the last 15mins Everton again conceeded 2 late goals, and with that 3-0 was the final score as Everton were knocked out this season's fa cup

CHELSEA SCORER GURO REITEN
View attachment 127766

CHELSEA SCORER SAM KERR
View attachment 127769

CHELSEA SCORER DRW SPENCER
View attachment 127773

A guard of honour and a bunch of flowers presented by Guro Reiten to Moe wold who retired at the age of 31 tonight for Everton

View attachment 127774

EVERTON TEAM
Maclver, Finnigan, Wold, Sevecke, George, Pattinson, ,Emslie, Scott,Christiansen, Raso, Gauvin

Subs Korpela, Clemaron,
Clinton, Lehmann, Stringer, Boye-Hlorkah, Magill, Graham, Sorensen,

Everton Sub on 67mins
Sorensen on for Emslie

Everton Sub 83mins
Graham on for Gauvin

Everton Sub on 90mins
Boye-Hlorkah on for Wold

Referee: Kirsty Dowle
Assistant Referee: Emily Carney
Assistant Referee: Ceri Williams
Fourth Official: Lisa Benn