THE 2020/2021 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton Women manager Willie Kirk outlined the Club’s dual ambition to win silverware and compete in the Champions League after signing a new two-and-a-half-year contract until the end of June 2023.

Kirk has penned an extended deal having overseen a steady and consistent upturn in the Blues’ results since his appointment in December 2018 along with Assistant Manager Chris Roberts, who has also agreed a new contract until June 2023.

Everton were in the thick of a Women’s Super League relegation battle when he took the reins midway through the 2018/19 campaign.

The Scot successfully steered Everton to safety, before leading the Toffees to a sixth-place finish in his first full season in charge.

Kirk’s team also embarked on a thrilling 2020 Women’s FA Cup run and reached November’s Wembley final, where his team were edged out by Manchester City after extra-time.

Kirk says Everton’s hunger to compete at the top of English and European football was central to his decision to commit his future to the Club.

“I’m delighted to extend my stay here,” he told evertontv.

“It’s been a really exciting two years. I was very keen to continue that and start piecing together what our future journey looks like.

“The ambition of the Club is a huge factor for me. I’m a very ambitious person. I want to achieve a lot in the game.

We want to take the standards at Everton to a completely different level. A higher level than it’s ever been before.

“I’m desperate to bring silverware to Everton Women. And we want to qualify for the Champions League.

“There are a lot of building blocks [towards achieving those goals], but that’s what we want to do.”

Everton head into the WSL Christmas break fifth in the league table and within striking distance of the Champions League places.

Kirk’s team have recorded several eye-catching victories this term. Everton beat WSL champions Chelsea 2-1 in a stunning FA Cup quarter-final success at Goodison Park, while top-flight rivals Birmingham City and Aston Villa were beaten 3-0 and 6-0 respectively in the space of four days.

Kirk has shaped a youthful, dynamic Everton squad, having made a number of high-quality signings during the summer transfer window.

The Blues boss paid tribute to the unstinting support he has received from the Club.

Kirk said: “I came in two years ago and the Club said they were ambitious, that they wanted the women’s team to be fully integrated into USM Finch Farm, that they wanted us to have the best of everything.

“And they’ve been true to their word.

“We’re probably ahead of the curve in terms of where I thought the squad would be.

“We’re certainly not going to rest on our laurels, we want to move forward from here.

“The Club has been great to me.

Hopefully I’ve gave them something back in return in terms of a little bit of success – or a taste of what that could look like by reaching the FA Cup final.”

Kirk explained how Everton will strive to continue bringing elite players to the Club, while developing the exciting talents within his squad.

“We’re an attractive place to come and play – top players are interested in signing for the Club,” he said.

“We need to continue improving the players we’ve got and to continue to invest – and invest in a level of player that will help us achieve our goals.

“We want to develop our own players and bring them through the Academy system, and that’s exciting. We’ve been quite proactive in that.

“We want to continue improving our everyday practices.

“We’ve made loads of progress with that in terms of the staff we’ve got and the way we work around USM Finch Farm.”

Kirk added: “You can see the ambition throughout the Club – starting with Carlo Ancelotti working with the men’s First Team. It’s exciting to be at the same club as someone like that.

“Then you see [Director of Academy and Under-23s manager] David Unsworth talking about wanting the boys’ Academy to be the best in the world, and how ambitious I am in what I want to achieve with Everton Women.

“It’s an exciting time to be at the Club.”

It looks like the women's game took their xmas break at the right time, 32 have came back positive from 864, the whole table below, as well as the actual official Numbers for virus in Liverpool below up to the 20th December

Period Tests carried out Positive tests
2 July – 11 July 8021
12 July – 19 July 11940
20 July – 26 July 15440
27 July – 1 August 14740
2 August – 8 August 9640
9 August – 15 August 9000
16 August – 22 August 8260
30 August – 5 September 8851
6 September – 13 September 8870
14 September – 20 September 8601
21 September – 27 September 8631
28 September – 4 October 9402
5 October – 11 October 9112
12 October – 18 October 8802
19 October – 25 October 69910
26 October – 1 November 7911
2 November – 8 November 9618
9 November – 15 November 9204
16 November – 22 November 8965
23 November – 29 November 7884
30 November – 6 December 8672
7 December – 13 December 8544
14 December – 20 December 86432

In Liverpool

169.5 per 100,000 on 20th December
156.2 per 100,000 on 19th December
143 per 100,000 on 18th December
107.8 per 100,000 on 15th December
102.8 per 100,000 on 14th December
98.8 per 100,000 on 13th December
99.2 per 100,000 on 12th December
95.2 per 100,000 on 11th December
90.4 per 100,000 on 8th December
90.4 per 100,000 on 7th December
88.1 per 100,000 on 6th December
86.9 per 100,000 on 5th December
87.7 per 100,000 on 4th December
91.6 per 100,000 on 1st December
96.6 per 100,000 on 30th November
99.4 per 100,000 on 29th November
98.6 per 100,000 on 28th November

This means Everton play Birmingham twice in 3 league games now as well

Everton’s rescheduled Women’s Super League match at Birmingham City will take place on Wednesday 20 January (7pm GMT kick-off).

The game was originally set to be played on Sunday 13 December but was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Birmingham’s Damson Park stadium.

The rearranged contest will be fifth-placed Everton’s third WSL match after the Christmas break.

Willie Kirk’s team return to action against league leaders Manchester United at Walton Hall Park on Sunday 10 January before the Blues host Bristol City on Sunday 17 January (both 1pm kick-offs).

Everton forward Claire Emslie has completed a permanent move to the Club from US side Orlando Pride, signing an 18-month deal having impressed during an initial loan spell with the Blues.

The new contract means the Scottish international forward will remain with Everton until at least June 2022.

Emslie made an instant impact after joining Everton on loan from Orlando in August, playing an important role as Willie Kirk’s side won their opening four WSL matches.

Her influence was recognised when she was nominated for October’s WSL Player of the Month prize.

The 26-year-old has missed the Toffees’ recent matches due to injury but is expected to make her comeback early in the new year.

“I’m so happy and excited to sign permanently at Everton,” Emslie told evertonfc.com.

“I’ve really enjoyed my football here at the Club so far.

“I believe in the Club’s plans and ambitions and I want to be part of the team achieving those goals.”

Emslie has again flourished under the guidance of Kirk, after previously working with the Everton manager at Bristol City and Hibernian, where they won the Scottish League Cup in 2011.

The explosive attacker boasts a wealth of trophy-winning experience, having also lifted domestic silverware with Manchester City and Australian top-flight team Melbourne City.

Kirk said: “Making Claire's stay at the Club permanent is a really important signing for us.

“It is no secret that I've signed her a number of times, which proves my trust in her.

“She is a very, very hard worker, is two-footed, creative and versatile enough to be able to play anywhere across the front three.

“She immediately made a big impact on and off the pitch on her arrival and, despite that impact being curtailed slightly due to a frustrating injury, I have no doubt she will prove to be key signing for us in the long-term.”

Everton Women’s WSL match at home to Manchester United on Sunday has been postponed due to the Blues not being able to field a squad because of recent COVID-19 infections and injuries.

Five members of the Everton Women squad contracted coronavirus between Christmas and New Year. While those players returned to training this week – and the rest of Willie Kirk’s squad tested negative - Club medical staff confirmed this morning the five players are unable to be passed fit to play this weekend.

With five Women’s players also out injured, another member of the squad was confirmed to have suffered a stress fracture following a scan this morning, leaving Everton Women with only 13 players available for the game against Manchester United.

As a result, the match at Walton Hall Park – scheduled to kick off at 12pm on Sunday – has been postponed, with a new date to be confirmed in due course.

Everton Women train in a separate bubble at USM Finch Farm away from Carlo Ancelotti’s First Team as well as the Club’s Under-23s and Academy sides.

I was going to start a thread about married life but, as it was women's football that prompted me, I'll post here instead.

My wife and I have decided to separate and I am now living in a house with two women, one, Carol, 60, being the owner and landlady, the other, Alex, 26, being another lodger.

Any comments about 3somes or nude portraits (as I'm an artist) are completely expected, but the reason for this post is that Alex is an ex semi pro footballer, having left Charlton Athletic two years ago following a serious ankle injury (quite a coincidence seeing as I badly sprained my ankle today). I had a long chat with her about her career today. She's quite tall and played defensive midfield.

The other thing is that Alex is a Liverpool fan and Carol is Man Utd. I'd already seen the Cup draw before finding out I was living with two reds, but I can't wait for the 4th round!

Everton Women’s WSL match at home to Manchester United on Sunday has been postponed due to the Blues not being able to field a squad because of recent COVID-19 infections and injuries.

Five members of the Everton Women squad contracted coronavirus between Christmas and New Year. While those players returned to training this week – and the rest of Willie Kirk’s squad tested negative - Club medical staff confirmed this morning the five players are unable to be passed fit to play this weekend.

With five Women’s players also out injured, another member of the squad was confirmed to have suffered a stress fracture following a scan this morning, leaving Everton Women with only 13 players available for the game against Manchester United.

As a result, the match at Walton Hall Park – scheduled to kick off at 12pm on Sunday – has been postponed, with a new date to be confirmed in due course.

Everton Women train in a separate bubble at USM Finch Farm away from Carlo Ancelotti’s First Team as well as the Club’s Under-23s and Academy sides.
@ all the bloos moaning about the Villa game being postponed...

Former West Ham manager Matt Beard is set to take over at Bristol City until the end of the season.

He is expected to be announced in the new role on Friday.
Beard, who left West Ham by "mutual consent" in November, will stand in for current boss Tanya Oxtoby after she announced in December she was expecting a baby boy early this year.
-------------------------------------------------
Strange thing about that is if Everton were to get that win sunday v a Bristol city team with no win in 10 league games this season and no league win since Feb and he is in charge, Everton's last 2 league wins would have came with Beard in charge of 2 separate teams as Everton women's last league win came 11th october 5 games ago - Beard has been linked to Liverpool women the last week

Damaris Egurrola after only signing a 2 year contract in august on a free, looks set to be leaving to go to Lyon as they have matched a release clause in her contract, she is a midfielder that has been playing out of position for weeks in central defence due to the amount of Injuries Everton women have had, so unless players are signed pretty quickly its a risk to take, though kirk said last week he had hoped to have 2 in by ko last week which off course didnt happen on either

SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY 1PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
EVERTON WOMEN 4 BRISTOL CITY WOMEN 0

Everton Women in 5th place 4 points off 4th after a 4 week break due to the xmas break and the game been called of v man utd last week, were finally back in action playing their 1st home league game in 6 weeks, looking to gain their 1st league win in 5 since beating West Ham on the 11th october, and they could have no better chance of getting that 1st win as they were playing bottom of the table Bristol City who have 8 defeats from 10 with no wins, while also already conceeding 45 goals which is double the next worst team, Bristol are also the lowest scorers with only 6 and the last 2 WSL sides to go on such a run were no surprise relegated-that been Yeovil and Liverpool, Everton after winning the 1st 4 games, and as said not winning in the last 5, are on their longest winless run without a win since november 2018, they went 10 without winning back then, Everton have won the last 2 league games v Bristol [or 3 if you include the Cup 5-0 in april] which is the same number of Victory's they mangered in the previous 12 games v the same team,Former West Ham manager Matt Beard who was actually the boss when Everton last won a league game in october, took over the job on friday standing in for the current boss Tanya Oxtoby who has taken time off due to having a baby in March, Everton made to changes to the team that lost 4-0 to Arsenal 4 weeks ago with Magill and Stringer comming in for the soon to be departed Damaris Egurrola who should complete a move to Lyon soon,and Young Grace Clinton, there were welcome sights on the bench with the return of Valerie Gauvin out since the 1st November and Rikke Sevecke who has been out since the Derby mid november, there is still no sign of Claire Emslie who has also been out since mid november,

Everton took the lead on 4mins after good work by Sorensen down the left with Izzy Christiansen finishing off with a super finish with Everton's 1st attempt for Izzy's 3rd goal of the season in the WSL, after a long pass from the back found Sorensen on the left, she again provided the cross for again Izzy Christiansen but this time the keeper Benedicte Haland got down to her left to make the save on 10mins - she made one of the best saves in the midweek cup game v Villa you will see in any level of Football, this came 2 mins after Raso was pushed over in a race in the area but was deemed a normal comming together, apart from the 1st few mins it had been all Everton who looked very lively upfront, on 23mins After Brilliant work by Raso who skipped one tackle down the right she flew into the box played the ball cross, it came to Christensen who back healed it to Lucy Graham,but Graham could not take it in her stride and maybe caught out by been a little surprised, the 1st 35mins Bristol city had rarely been by the Everton goal never mind get a shot in, Everton finally got the deserved 2nd on 38mins when again after great work down the left-this time from Raso, the cross was fumbled by the keeper and Club Captain Simone Magill tapped it home for her 3rd of the season and her 1st goal since Reading mid november-she has also scored home and away now v Bristol City

Bristol City tried to claim a pen for a push in the back on 46mins but it was not give and probably not much in it, but on 50mins Everton were close to going 3-0 up when French international Maeva Clemaron's shot was cleared of the line by Bristol city's Abi Harrison who was in the right place at the right time, Bristol got there 1st half a chance of 51mins but was well defended by Everton, but Everton went 3-0 up on 57mins when Smone Magill won the ball of one of the Bristol city defenders on the 18 yard box, she set up Lucy Graham who in turn set up Izzy christiansen to finish neatly and it was soon 4-0 on 63mins when defender Megan Finnigan glanced home from a izzy christiansen corner for her 1st ever Everton Goal, sevecke and Gauvin came on as subs for welcome minutes to gain fitness, the game ended 4-0 to Everton in a repeat and identical sequency of scoring to the 1st game between the 2, Everton were 2up both games and won both 4-0, today was a deserved win with Everton staying in 5th place as was expected and stayed 4 points behind man city who had a big win v Aston Villa, Everton now go to Birmingham on wednesday night with a 7pm ko in one of the rearranged games hoping to give a big hold of that 5th place at worst this season

EVERTON SCORER IZZY CHRISTIANSEN
1610889053660.png

EVERTON SCORER SIMONE MAGILL on the left
1610892654850.png

EVERTON SCORER MEGAN FINNIGAN
1610893992474.png

EVERTON TEAM

Maclver, Wold, Turner, Stringer, Finnigan, Magill,
Christiansen, Graham, Clemaron, Sorensen, Raso
Subs Korpela, Boye-Hlorkah, Pike, Sevecke,
Clinton---Gauvin

EVERTON TRIPLE SUB ON 67MINS
Sevecke/Gauvin/Boye Hlorkah on for Cleamaron/Magill/Raso

EVERTON SUB ON 73MINS
Pike on for Turner
Clinton on for Christiansen

Referee: Cristiana Hattersley
Assistant Referee: Declan Brown
Assistant Referee: Karl Buckley
Fourth Official: Sarah Garratt

Nice one. Important win today to get back on track......seems like the ladies haven't played in months :(.....
It defo does, before today just 5 league games in 3months, yet including today we have 3 in a week, should win wednesday and though spurs away next week who have 3 wins in a row may be tough, that should be a win probably, that game at spurs last year was so one sided for 70mins yet we ended 2-2, after next week there is due to be a 2 week break due to the FA CUP been suspended-so really they could fit the Everton v man utd game which got called off last week in on the weekend of the 30th Jan if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.