Team Vitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You day this eggs but if big Dunc can actually get this team up for Saturday and we do the unthinkable and win we will jump about 6 places

....personally, I have no idea about who the next manager should be, I think it’s lots to do with ‘right man, right time, right place’. I am a bit reticent of the managerial merrry-go-round, coaches who have failed and walked into jobs elsewhere, but perhaps Periera could be the right fit.

i have no idea but he comes across as a maverick and I’m a bit surprised if Moshiri goes for that type. Indeed, if it transpires, I think it contradicts @davek view that Moshiri identifies the manager. I doubt Moshiri had heard of him.

I did. I watched the whole season. Their last one sharing the Allianz Arena with Bayern before going back to the Grünwalder Straße. Living in Vienna and having a couple of mates from Munich who support 1860. Every goddamn weekend glued to the screen (German Sky Sports) hoping they wouldn’t go down. They did in a Relegation Play-off against back then 3rd Leaguers Jahn Regensburg after losing 0-2 at Home in the 2nd leg.

God, no. I know him from his Fenerbahce days, he could not manage van Persie on his dying days, played one of the most boring footballs you could ever see for a team that aims top and stopped taking questions from the journalists in mid season just because they were giving him a hard time. Maybe he has changed but should Everton look for a guy who could not even make it in Turkey and got fired in the second week of the new season?

This guy will be a disaster. Why are we looking seriously at him? B/c Richarlison, Bernard, Gomes - all speak Portuguese and at least Richarlison and Bernard can barely speak a word of English (not sure of Gomes). Mina speaking Spanish - I imagine Victor speaks some.

We should be trying to get Benitez. Forget the LFC connection and the "small club" jibe. We need someone who knows the PL and knows how to win.

6 years on from his last significant contribution in the game, I do not like the idea of this at all. Absolutely whiffs of Moshiri again.
Whiffs of Moshiri? He chose Koeman and Silva, apparently, and they weren't up to the job, but he puts his money into the club and that's his main
role. Manchester Utd chose Mourinho and he failed. Spurs owner chose Pochettino and he failed. Arsenal chose Emery and he failed. They
are all high profile football managers. It's not an exact science. Every appointment in football is a gamble, and you can't employ people who don't
want, or can't take the job.

Whiffs of Moshiri? He chose Koeman and Silva, apparently, and they weren't up to the job, but he puts his money into the club and that's his main
role. Manchester Utd chose Mourinho and he failed. Spurs owner chose Pochettino and he failed. Arsenal chose Emery and he failed. They
are all high profile football managers. It's not an exact science. Every appointment in football is a gamble, and you can't employ people who don't
want, or can't take the job.
I'd take spurs level of failure right now.

This guy will be a disaster. Why are we looking seriously at him? B/c Richarlison, Bernard, Gomes - all speak Portuguese and at least Richarlison and Bernard can barely speak a word of English (not sure of Gomes). Mina speaking Spanish - I imagine Victor speaks some.

Gomes English is excellent, also speaks Spanish. Richy speaks Spanish as well, I believe. Bernard, no clue although he wasn't one of the three in remedial English classes at the start of the season. (Richarlison, Mina and Kean, though he can get by on French I think as him and Schneiderlin were having a good old chat on the bench Wednesday night).

Status
Not open for further replies.