Tasty Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilwebby

Player Valuation: £50m
For probably the first time in a long, long time (Dogs of War?), I think the real strength of this team is now our midfield. We are freescoring at the moment, and everyone is contributing.

When you look at the players we have:

Arteta
Cahill
Osman
Pienaar
Bilayetdinov

Rodwell
Fellaini
Osman
Neville
Gosling

Heitinga (occassionally)

Even discounting the very significant contribution that Donovan has made in the last 3 months, we have a strong enough squad to be able to field two entirely different but very formidable midfields.

I honestly reckon this midfield has the talent & the steel to be a match for anyone (in the PL at least). That is some strength in depth, and I hope Moyes is focussing to get the rest of the squad up to the same level.

Rodwell is developing into a very, very special player indeed. I reckon that after this World Cup, there's going to be a clearout as England flop yet again. Beckham will be gone, and, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand & even Terry, will imho no longer be considered automatic first choice players. The "golden generation" will be over, and it will be time for the likes of Rodwell to step up and take over the mantle.

I think its very good but its strongest in the middle, with Fellaini, Rodwell, Arteta, Neville and Heitinga if they play there, Osman, and Cahill in a more advanced position. Even Pienaar's good in the middle.

Still think they need a replacement for Donovan if he doesn't come back though. I think Billy is a good player for what its worth but if you're picking from Billy/Victor/Gosling to play the other wide position then that's not as strong as the rest of the midfield is. Arteta's another option but I think he's at his best in the middle.

For probably the first time in a long, long time (Dogs of War?), I think the real strength of this team is now our midfield. We are freescoring at the moment, and everyone is contributing.

When you look at the players we have:

Arteta
Cahill
Osman
Pienaar
Bilayetdinov

Rodwell
Fellaini
Osman
Neville
Gosling

Heitinga (occassionally)

Even discounting the very significant contribution that Donovan has made in the last 3 months, we have a strong enough squad to be able to field two entirely different but very formidable midfields.

I honestly reckon this midfield has the talent & the steel to be a match for anyone (in the PL at least). That is some strength in depth, and I hope Moyes is focussing to get the rest of the squad up to the same level.

Rodwell is developing into a very, very special player indeed. I reckon that after this World Cup, there's going to be a clearout as England flop yet again. Beckham will be gone, and, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand & even Terry, will imho no longer be considered automatic first choice players. The "golden generation" will be over, and it will be time for the likes of Rodwell to step up and take over the mantle.

I love the way you put Ozzie in there twice. Well deserved too~!

To be really up there, some pace is necessary. Not completely convinced Donavan is the answer but at the right price, he'd do.

Fellaini is the first name on the teamsheet in midfield for me! Well, maybe after Pienaar.

I really like Rodwell as an attacking impact sub.

Arteta's performance's have been good, the only game he's struggled in is Sporting away, and so did the whole team. He was the best player on the pitch against Spurs and yesterday was a top draw performance.

When he's at his best, he's comfortably our most important player. He can dictate and control a game, none of our other players can do that.

Everton manager David Moyes:
"He (Arteta) did some fantastic stuff. He got into the box and he's improving all the time.

"When he's on form we're a really good team.

"I was a bit worried when it went to 1-1. I thought it might be one of those days but thankfully we went on to win it."

Arteta's performance's have been good, the only game he's struggled in is Sporting away, and so did the whole team. He was the best player on the pitch against Spurs and yesterday was a top draw performance.

When he's at his best, he's comfortably our most important player. He can dictate and control a game, none of our other players can do that.

Apart from Mofro of course.

The nidfeild for 25 mins yesterday looked sexual, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Donavan and the Heit - looked a perfect blend of pace, power, creativeity and vison.

Donovon is winning me over slowly but surely, i still think we need something a little different though - i do like Donovon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.