Tasty Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Heitinga's been performing in midfield, it's like we've gained a new player.

We've finally found the right player to play DM. Heit is better than Felli in many aspect. Let Felli be our box to box midfielder, the role he flourish in Liege, alongside Arteta.
Cahill and Osman will be phase out gradually.

2 words....

Johnny Heitinga.

He is going to be an Everton legend. Great player.

he puts the fear of God into the opposition. I think we rarely lose when he is playing.

we need a bit of everything in our team. Heitinga is our hard man. Our Grant Mitchell.

;)

my midfeild choice would be ..

........heitinga fellaini
pienaar....arteta......bily

with fellaini and heitinga taking it turns to bomb forward.
arteta pienaar and bily , swapping places and making nice little passing patterns and overlaps while the opposition chase shadows.

leaving rodwell cahill osman and gosling as a top quality back up.

(mind you 'the heit' is also awesome alonside jags in defence - hes freaking awesome aint he ?? ;))

Last edited:
my midfeild choice would be ..

........heitinga fellaini
pienaar....arteta......bily

with fellaini and heitinga taking it turns to bomb forward.
arteta pienaar and bily , swapping places and making nice little passing patterns and overlaps while the opposition chase shadows.

leaving rodwell cahill osman and gosling as a top quality back up.

(mind you 'the heit' is also awesome alonside jags in defence - hes freaking awesome aint he ?? ;))
That is tasty, but I don't like the fact that our first choice midfield does not have a single Brit in it.(n)
It got me thinking that we only have Baines, Neville and Jags as dead cert for a starting place - maybe Rodwell if Heitinga is pushed back into defence - which is not a lot. I would not like us to turn into Arsenal and the Red Sh**e with 1-2 Brits in the team.

I noticed, not sure what your basing this on tho? He was fairly impressive Sunday.

He was mate and massively hope he continues as ive been banging on about a a balanced DM for Donkeys now, consistencey will be key, im thinking we've lost more then we have won with him in midfeild so lets see and hope can carve a niche out there over a few games consistently.

I would still prefer him CB, with Jags, Fellaini DM, Arteta Running the show, Stevie P taking the piss on the wing. Gotta keep that PIMP talking little SAFer.

I think Moyesy sees him in the midlle to be honest from stuff hes said. If he can continue and grow into the role - Mofro, Arteta and the Heit will become the axis of destruction.

We've badly mised Jags, namely his organisation he will whip that back four in to a unit in two games and we will be starting Distin for France threads.

Apart from Mofro of course.

The nidfeild for 25 mins yesterday looked sexual, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Donavan and the Heit - looked a perfect blend of pace, power, creativeity and vison.

Donovon is winning me over slowly but surely, i still think we need something a little different though - i do like Donovon though.

What? Who would you prefer over Donovan?

Kidding. I just want to hear it for the twenty-fifth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.