talkshite

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyney

Player Valuation: £35m
I have just drove home from Crewe,and as I reached home switched talk sport on the radio where they where saying that Fergie and Wenger are the best ever managers,then went on to what will happen next season after extolling the virtues of the fabled top four,One guy asked Alvin Martin his opinions and he said there are a couple of teams that will challenge the top next season Newcastle and Spurs where his choice now if he left us out and included say Villa but the barcodes is this guy taking the piss.

People forget about lowly Everton who battle it out for relegation each year.

Newcastle are [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] and apparently they are the best team outside the top 4 although they havent finished anywhere near us consistently for a while now.

Newcastle are living in a dreamworld, they are [Poor language removed], [Poor language removed] manager, [Poor language removed] players and there best player will soon be a blue.

Newcastle are [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] and apparently they are the best team outside the top 4 although they havent finished anywhere near us consistently for a while now.

Newcastle are living in a dreamworld, they are [Poor language removed], [Poor language removed] manager, [Poor language removed] players and there best player will soon be a blue.
You missed out the most deluded fans in football apparently they are a big club because of their record in the prem??lol;)

Newcastle are [Poor language removed], but I bet they spend more money on transfers than we do. I'll go further than that, I'll bet they spend more on one player than our entire transfer budget.

I have just drove home from Crewe,and as I reached home switched talk sport on the radio where they where saying that Fergie and Wenger are the best ever managers,then went on to what will happen next season after extolling the virtues of the fabled top four,One guy asked Alvin Martin his opinions and he said there are a couple of teams that will challenge the top next season Newcastle and Spurs where his choice now if he left us out and included say Villa but the barcodes is this guy taking the piss.

Apparently the next clubs to break the top 4 are the ones with the most money - we have heard it the past 3 seasons, "newcaslte and spurs", yet where have they come this season? bottom of the table.

Fair enough - tottenham have the money, the players (even though berbatov may be going) but Newcastle? as Cal said, there [Poor language removed]. [Poor language removed] defence, and [Poor language removed] midfield. The only good players they have is their 2 goalies, Owen and Martins, and there both going to leave anyway!!

i totally agree, they make top teams time and time again.

as for the latter...who cares, we know we have the foundations these teams dont, and the less we get menitoned the the less pressure we will be under

I [Poor language removed] hate newcastle they do my head in

they have one good thing, a good stadium, the rest is [Poor language removed]

decent nightlife tho b)

I [Poor language removed] hate newcastle they do my head in

they have one good thing, a good stadium, the rest is [Poor language removed]

decent nightlife tho b)

One of the best in England - thats what is affecting my university choice soon :p

I think its between three teams. Us, Spurs and Villa.

Villa, like ourselves are a tight unit with the odd flair player. I like them as a team really and in Lerner they have someone who will back them.

Spurs spend huge amounts most years. On paper, their team and squad is excellent. Recently signed Luka Modric who is a fine player.

Newcastle are a ran by a deluded man, managed by a crazy deluded man and backed by clueless halfwits.

Media spin - we are the best of the rest already - more points in the past 4 seasons and in 3 of those seasons a major threat to the hegemony. It's easy to nominate one of the chasing pack, and I for one don't mind in the least if they delude themselves that Everton are not already part of a Big 5. Perhaps it would be more interesting to contemplate how the Sky 4 are going to cope next season - viz:

Arsenal - inconsistent, don't last the pace
Chavs - on the point of a collapse?
Mancs - heavy schedule - some very average players amongst the stars and some quite old players needing to be replaced
[Poor language removed] - one bad season away from ruin - may already be in terminal decline with financial pressure on club to compete

If all of the above should occur simultaneously I for one will be sticking my tenner on Everton at 750/1 to win the PL - lest the wise pundits forget it's happened several times before!

TD

Arsenal - young and energetic, will get two fantastic replacements for Flamini and Hleb at £12m each and will once again challenge for the PL.

Chavs - On the verge of their second "gigantic transfer-market-skewing spending spree," targetting players like Kun Aguero. Last time they spent like crazy then won the PL, will be favourites.

Mancs - Have the best, most dominant player in the world who will score 35+ goals in a season. Old already replaced by the new (Scholes by Anderson, Giggs by Nani). Have the best two centre halves in the league. Will be challengers

[Poor language removed] - sadly, have gained form since their early and mid season crap. Just look at the point gap that's developed between them and us at the end of the season. We were leading them a few months before the end. Owners will be pressured to spend big for another summer and they will easily be favourites for 4th place, probably won't challenge though. Oh, and they have the magical ability to have referees grant them wishes.

TD

fixed

The big four will stay the big four bar something amazing happening, here's to hoping. :drunk:

i totally agree, they make top teams time and time again.

as for the latter...who cares, we know we have the foundations these teams dont, and the less we get menitoned the the less pressure we will be under

well said, who cares, spurs are linked with every player under the sun, if they get it right, well they paid through the nose for it, and newcastle, thats just funny

Newcastle fans have to be the most deluded and idiotic bunch of morons ever to grace the English PL and that is the reason why the team continually struggles to assert itself as a force. The constant attempts at bringing high profile players are doomed to failure. So what does the board do to pacify the toothless terrace morons, it buys B grade players and puts them on 60k a week, or worse in the case of Micheal Owen. The club pay 80%+ of turnover to the likes of Owen, Smith, Barton, Emre, Duff et al. It is exactly the model not to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.