Tactical Side of Rafael Regime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask one further question, apologies in advance. I instinctively blamed Mina for the conceded goal last night, within the match thread I saw various levels of blame attributed to all three central defenders.

Did you pick out anyone being at particular fault for the conceded goal? Apart from Atkinson, of course.
Yes in the analysis I did, we setup for the free-kick fairly well, as we had all game. We crowded our box with our 3 CB's, who were great in the air all game. Godfrey wins the initial header and for some reason decides to charge out, disjointed our back line. Him and Digne charged out to press the crosser, creating a massive gap at the back post. Maybe Mina and Keane could have then dealt with the cross but it's difficult to pick up men when you're having to push out with the others who have

Yes in the analysis I did, we setup for the free-kick fairly well, as we had all game. We crowded our box with our 3 CB's, who were great in the air all game. Godfrey wins the initial header and for some reason decides to charge out, disjointed our back line. Him and Digne charged out to press the crosser, creating a massive gap at the back post. Maybe Mina and Keane could have then dealt with the cross but it's difficult to pick up men when you're having to push out with the others who have
That's interesting, cheers.

I saw a similar observation in the match thread, but to be honest I was too busy wondering (and writing) why Mina was throwing himself to the floor - that was the thing that caught my eye, at least.

Appreciate the replies ;)

Excellent analysis. Im sold

That's interesting, cheers.

I saw a similar observation in the match thread, but to be honest I was too busy wondering (and writing) why Mina was throwing himself to the floor - that was the thing that caught my eye, at least.

Appreciate the replies ;)
No worries mate. Mina can be like that, unfortunately. Won 9/10 of his aerial duels last night, though

Status
Not open for further replies.