SV Werder Bremen v Everton(Saturday 3 August 14:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are much better than we were this time last year - the press is working and we play the ball out of the back confidently - we’ve got footballers with quality close control in almost all positions.

We played well yesterday. There were a few times when we pressed brilliantly and won the ball back high up and it just didn't click.

But we look fit and ready to go, even without up to 3-4 players that I reckon we're trying to get in.

Kean will be a big addition. It's the positivity of the deal more than anything else which will help.

I really really hope we go back in for Zaha and if it's a case of £60-65m I'd happily pay it for a player of his quality and goal threat.

Glad I've not been watching meaningless friendlies or i maybe concerned about our toothless attack,3 goals in all pre season is pretty shocking to be honest.

Last edited:
Glad I've not been watching meaningless friendlies or i maybe concerned about our toothless attack,3 goals in all pre season is pretty shocking to be honest.

The lack of a goal threat is an issue.

We looked a lot more dangerous yesterday because we had (in the first half) Richarlison back - him and Gylfi are our only sources of goals atm.

But we've created chances. The sharpness is there in the build-up and the base fitness levels are there too. Now it's about getting those players over the line to really push us on. Unfortunately, the business is getting done later than anyone would have liked I imagine, and it's gonna take time to integrate them in.

A lucky thing does seem to be, however, that all the players we have been linked with or look set to sign (i.e. Kean, linked again with Zouma etc) have played their pre-seasons or have at least been in full training.

The only exception would be Zaha, as he was at AFCON, but even he's in training now.

The lack of a goal threat is an issue.

We looked a lot more dangerous yesterday because we had (in the first half) Richarlison back - him and Gylfi are our only sources of goals atm.

But we've created chances. The sharpness is there in the build-up and the base fitness levels are there too. Now it's about getting those players over the line to really push us on. Unfortunately, the business is getting done later than anyone would have liked I imagine, and it's gonna take time to integrate them in.

A lucky thing does seem to be, however, that all the players we have been linked with or look set to sign (i.e. Kean, linked again with Zouma etc) have played their pre-seasons or have at least been in full training.

The only exception would be Zaha, as he was at AFCON, but even he's in training now.

Good to know we are creating chances at least ,hopefully when it matters the extra edge will come but We need something.

Status
Not open for further replies.