SV Werder Bremen v Everton(Saturday 3 August 14:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we aren't conceding all over the shop like last preseason. Hopefully the sharpness up front comes but it could be another slow start.

Came to Everton and had the whole team built around him to maximise what he had. Result: lots of goals...leading to a big fee (not big enough given the inflated figures of the day).

Same player.

This really. The team was set up just for him, and tbf it worked. No idea how Utd screwed it up even though he did score a shed load of goals....

Finally managed to watch the second half, not impressed tbh. First half the defence looked solid, but when the attacked in the second we had some scary moments and balls were cutting us apart. We had a few chances, Walcott and Digne, but it could easily have been 2-2 on another day. Neither of our strikers are up to it and I hope to God that this lad we are signing can do the business......

We've got a great goalie can we agree on that?
Dtbm7GnXgAEozNZ

Just watched the highlights as was swimming in the river, sorry lads, different lifestyle here, but fair play to the traveling support, could've gone either way tbh, but not looking too shoddy for next weekend, hopefully with a striker on board, don't want to jinx anything! ;)

Bremen are a very decent team, a top 10 PL team for me (quite comfortably). We've gone to their ground and for me created by far and away the better chances.

I still think we will have 3 or 4 more players to add to the squad. However this time last season we were losing at home.

We look quite solid, but we need to be a bit more clinical at the other end.

We are much better than we were this time last year - the press is working and we play the ball out of the back confidently - we’ve got footballers with quality close control in almost all positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.