Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are one of the three worst teams in the Premier League, while the table at times can lie this is true, we are a serious candidate for relegation but it does worry me the club might not accept this but be too focused on other things like the ground move

We are one of the three worst teams in the Premier League, while the table at times can lie this is true, we are a serious candidate for relegation but it does worry me the club might not accept this but be too focused on other things like the ground move
We're not though. The table says we're not, even though we've arguably had more difficult fixtures than many others, and have played really really badly. There is some serious garbage in this league, the fact that we've won 3 games without ever looking like a half decent side tells you that.

tenor.gif

I suspect (hope!), like with my comment, it's not what you really want and is said in jest.

Worse case scenario: Allardyce and relegation. Noooooooo.

Even I could do an alladyce for half the money, but with the best will in the world, I couldn’t strategise like Tuchel, Ancelloti or their ilk to assure us of a place amongst the top six: nor could alladyce!

Not to mention Funes Mori and McCarthy. That’s 5 first team experienced premier league players all in the prime age group. We’ve basically replaced them with kids and older players.

Agree with all of that bar McCarthy. He's good but always breaking down in Gibson-esque fashion. From Mirallas, Besic, McCarthy, Klassen and Sandro, I'd only keep McCarthy and maybe Sandro past the window. McCarthy has ability, just not form or consistency owing to injury. Sandro should be judged once he's had better, reliable service before he's consigned to the same pot as the others.

Unsworth should stay in place. The mood at the end of Watford is something to build on. He's won two out of 3 Prem games, lifted us four places, spruced up the squad and attack with Lennon, DCL, Niasse and Beningame all having positive impact (and all of whom can play off Sigs and Rooney and give the plodders a few more options).

Our next 4 league games are what.. Saints, West Ham, Huddersfield and Palace (not in that order). David Unsworth could be more fairly judged on those. We could be top half - and that from relegation in two months is exceptional - even by today's rabid expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.