summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really rate him as well, obviously...Barcelona has a nice history of incorporating young players into the first team so no I don't see it being a few seasons away...At most, IMO, one more season but I think he could add quality to the attacking depth even today....I didn't think that way at the start of the season - then I predicted 2 seasons

A bit of a vague statement by you though mate, would it not be more honest to say that Barcelona have a nice history of BUYING in young players developed to a starting standard at other teams already, its not like the fabled academy has produced anything impressive that has made it to the Barca starting team for years now

Alexis Sanchez, bought at 22 after a great world cup for 23m, had already played over 100 games for Udinese.
Jordi Alba, bought at 23 for 13m, after breaking into the Spain national side, had played over 100 games already for Valencia.
Neymar, bought at 21 for 51m - 90m depending how many brown envelopes got passed around in secret, was already the star of the Brazil national team,
Fabregas, bought at 24 for 30m, had already broke into the spain national team and had played over 300 games for Arsenal.
Alex Song, Bought at 24 from Arsenal for 17m, Had already played over 200 games for them.
Dani Alves, bought at 25 for 32m, was a Brazilian international already and had played over 200 games alkready for Sevilla
Adriano, bought at 25 for 9m, had already played over 200 games for Sevilla.

Iniesta, Xavi, Valdez and Messi are fair enough all home grown players, but your going back ten years for each of them since they broke through, the Cruyff influence is fading mate, Barca buy in their starters now and have been doing so for the past 6-7 years, all the younger players who have featured for the customary 10-20 sub appearances get rotated out the club after a few years to make wave for the next wave of players who don't make it. Busquets even went to man united for his formative years only to be bought back by Barca too mate

Your starters have for the past 6-7 years all been bought in players, to think Delef is gonna buck this obvious pattern is very foolish

It´d be incredible if he goes for that little. He should stay with Atleti, they could really become a force.

They cannot stop him going for that little mate, gotta remember until this season he was effectively just regarded as a squad player and guess his contract and buy out clause reflected that, they will become a force with or without him tbh mate, they have had a very good history for the past 10 years with strikers

Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Costa all produced the goods at Atheltico

If Costa goes they will find another 20+ striker for the year after I'm certain about that

Good little player but will never happen. Napoli and Benitez won't sell him, he's a key player for them.

And he's an AM/winger, not a striker and he regularly keeps one of Benitez's top summer signings, Mertens, out of the side and Napoli will sell others before him.

Plus Napoli are currently in the last CL spot, 10 points clear of 4th so I'd imagine there won't be a need to sell certain players.

A bit of a vague statement by you though mate, would it not be more honest to say that Barcelona have a nice history of BUYING in young players developed to a starting standard at other teams already, its not like the fabled academy has produced anything impressive that has made it to the Barca starting team for years now

Out of their current squad of 26 players, 17 are from the cantera...No other big club boasts that kind of youth production...In recent years - Pedro, Busquets, Bartra, Montoya, Cuenca, Tello, Roberto....Rafinha, Deulofeu & Krkic all out on loans with debuts from Planas, Dongou & Adama this season from the B team

Busquets made his first team debut under Pep - straight from 3rd division to 1st team, never played for United...You're confusing him (Not sure how) with Piqué

Out of their current squad of 26 players, 17 are from the cantera...No other big club boasts that kind of youth production...In recent years - Pedro, Busquets, Bartra, Montoya, Cuenca, Tello, Roberto....Rafinha, Deulofeu & Krkic all out on loans with debuts from Planas, Dongou & Adama this season from the B team

Busquets made his first team debut under Pep, never played for United...You're confusing him (Not sure how) with Piqué

Yeah slip of the tongue getting those two mixed up, point stands though of your starting 'best' 11 how many have broken through in the past 5-6 years from the academy?

@bluestevon did Busquests play for United?

lol got him and Pique mixed up in my head mate, tbh couldnt even tell you what Pique looked like as when it hink about him i see this

Shakira1.jpg

Probably, every club buys talent. Barca still blood their youngsters too though, Marc Bartra has a big future (despite getting bullied by Bale!).

Of course they do. Barcelona have every right to buy in players. The Neymar thing though didn't reflect well.
All clubs though should have an obligation to nuture some players through. The whole, buy them in get success instantly just doesn't sit right.

Of course they do. Barcelona have every right to buy in players. The Neymar thing though didn't reflect well.
All clubs though should have an obligation to nuture some players through. The whole, buy them in get success instantly just doesn't sit right.

The way they handled changing the shirt sponsors from Unicef to the Qatari one was a huge sign of the way the current Barca are heading mate as well

Mes que un club?

Aye mate the Unicef logo they used to have - which was done without any fee from the charity, was in this sport unique and set them apart really, now they just have another oil money company logo attached to it, gained 20 odd million quid a year like but lost something more important than that in the process IMO

Whats the spanish for 'just like every other club' ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.