summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nacer Chadli was once top scorer in Eredivisie. Oh wait spurs destroyed him utterly in the prem.

Tadic's already 25, if he is that good he is already on everyone's radar.

Is there a second Nacer Chadli?

He was never top scorer in the Eredivisie. We've been linked with Tadic in the past few windows, I can only hope there is something in it.

I'm not so sure - Thiago and Rafinha are both good enough to start for Barca, shame that they don't have the place for him to start every game for that moment and Thiago already found fresher pastures at Bavaria.

Their squad really need another pedro to replace or complement him soon, but till now what they have been producing are tactically limited players like Tello, Cuenca, or... Deulofeu.

That said, At least Tello won't be that frustrating, and his mere presence will make defenders keep a lower block than they would like. His effectiveness against slower defenses should not be underestimated.

Is there a second Nacer Chadli?

He was never top scorer in the Eredivisie. We've been linked with Tadic in the past few windows, I can only hope there is something in it.
I must have mixed him up with another free-scoring belgian.

But what I said still stand. I mean, It was a league that made Guidetti, Luuk de Jong, Jozy Altidore, Finnbogason, Graziano Pelle, many more who won't ring a bell, and one of our many namesakes looked like world beaters.

They cannot stop him going for that little mate, gotta remember until this season he was effectively just regarded as a squad player and guess his contract and buy out clause reflected that, they will become a force with or without him tbh mate, they have had a very good history for the past 10 years with strikers

Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Costa all produced the goods at Atheltico

If Costa goes they will find another 20+ striker for the year after I'm certain about that

If they win either the league or CL then theyd be best off making a claim to staying up there by not selling to rivals.

They have an amazing record with strikers down the years but they also have an amazing record of self-perpetuated failure!

The way they handled changing the shirt sponsors from Unicef to the Qatari one was a huge sign of the way the current Barca are heading mate as well

Rossell to thank for the direction the clubs gone since Rijkaard then Pep lifted them to the top.

He's gone but the others remain, and the fans are.not happy about a lot of things including Qatar and the Neymar galactico signing.

Was at the game on Sunday and the white hankies were out for the first time in years. Or in my friends case...his sock!

M

But what I said still stand. I mean, It was a league that made Guidetti, Luuk de Jong, Jozy Altidore, Finnbogason, Graziano Pelle, many more who won't ring a bell, and one of our many namesakes looked like world beaters.
Agree to a certain extent, but tbf mate, I wouldn't be happy with players like Pelle, de Jong and Altidore. Said that before on here. Chadli though is still a very good player in my opinion just wasted at Spurs. Very bad career move by him. Bony is another one I loved us to sign. Tadic is another one who I definitely see as more than good enough to make the step up.

Yeah slip of the tongue getting those two mixed up, point stands though of your starting 'best' 11 how many have broken through in the past 5-6 years from the academy?

Pedro, Busquets, Jeffren, Krkic, Tello, Cuenca, Bartra, Thiago, Montoya, Roberto, Dos Santos, Fontas, Rafinha & Deulofeu (Both were promoted to 1st team players)...Others (24 in recent years) go on to other clubs like Navarro, Arteta, Nolito, Luis Garcia, Reina, Motta, Muniesa, Romeu and about a half dozen players that Arsenal have poached

My point stands as well, no other big club boasts as many cantera players as Barcelona...Not even close

Also the league that made Van Nistelrooy, Van der Vaart and Arjen Robben amongst others. Point is, if Tadic is good enough, i'm sure we'll be taking a look at him.

Not gona lie lads I dont want Lukaku,

*Very limited footballer who doesn't use his physical strength
*Is poor in the air for his hight, cannot play with his back to goal or hold the ball up
*First touch and tehnical ability is average at best
*The goals he scores are pretty average run of the mill goals what you would pretty much expect any striker to score (besides the Arsenal goal).

So if we take all those into account why the hell are we even consdering blowing the whole of a transfer budget on him?

Last edited:
Not gona lie lads I dont want Lukaku,

*Very limited footballer who doesn't use his physical strength
*Is poor in the air for his hight, cannot play with his back to goal or hold the ball up
*First touch and tehnical ability is average at best
*The goals he scores are pretty average run of the mill goals what you would pretty much expect any striker to score (becides the Arsenal goal).

So if we take all those into account why the hell are we even consdering blowing the whole of a transfer budget on him?
Because people only sees the value of strikers in goals.

But if we are linked with someone who is adept at playing with his back to goal, people will soon lambast Robbie for looking at a route 1 option. Wait...

Pedro, Busquets, Jeffren, Krkic, Tello, Cuenca, Bartra, Thiago, Montoya, Roberto, Dos Santos, Fontas, Rafinha & Deulofeu (Both were promoted to 1st team players)...Others (24 in recent years) go on to other clubs like Navarro, Arteta, Nolito, Luis Garcia, Reina, Motta, Muniesa, Romeu and about a half dozen players that Arsenal have poached

My point stands as well, no other big club boasts as many cantera players as Barcelona...Not even close

Didn't answer the question though mate, how many of your starting best 11 came through the academy over the past 6 years? the myth of the Barca youth system bringing a constant stream of players in is a thing of the past now, the players who came into through the academy are ageing or deemed not good enough for anything more than a backup or ten minute sub role in the younger lids cases.

If you think without a major shake up in the barcelona hierarchy that in 5 or 6 years time tops you will have more than 1 or 2 home grown barca academy players (probably close to 30yop by then) starting in that team your living in cloud cuckoo land. If you do they will be centre backs or a holding midfielder as well - positions barca actually doesn't give much thought too, the attacking players will all be imported into the team

Status
Not open for further replies.