Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is much better than Jose Fonte who isnt doing too bad at Southampton.

8m just isnt realistic at all

Thinking of

Lovren 22m

Caulker 10m

I think im right in saying you sold Lescott at a similar age to Dann for 22m!

Palace dont want to sell, he's our captain and if you do want to take him from us you it will cost you an arm and a leg, gone are the days when Martinez gets out players on the cheap (like Moses for 2.5m)

Or put it another way, how much would you want for Jagielka? I could say he's 32, no resale and 6-8m would be a fair amount, would you accept that? ofcourse not

Difference is Jags is an international quality defender (i would say current value would be around £8 mil) likewise how Lescott was. Prices also depend on the buyer, Lovren and Caulker were signed by 2 clubs with more money than sense and in caulkers case still young which adds the value to include possibility of growing in potential and ability.

I personally hope we don't sign him for anything over £6 mil which obviously your club most likely wouldn't accept.

I think it's safe to say Pards will turn Palace into a steaming pile of crud, like he does with every team before long. Then this talk of £15 million will seem a bit silly.

What would you say his true worth is?

Obviously he's a big player for you, but I mean in terms of market value.

Personally I'd add a few million at least but it doesn't really matter what I think, it's up to our dear chairman. We need another CB anyway so if we sold Dann we'd be looking at shelling out big money for 2 CB's

Can't understand this dann one. I don't think he will play 3 centre backs so he won't drop jags and Stones would be packing his bags if he doesn't get his game with clubs offering private jets on his behalf. 8 mil makes no sense for a back up defender. Well then we did spend 6 mil on a back up lad up front.

Can't understand this dann one. I don't think he will play 3 centre backs so he won't drop jags and Stones would be packing his bags if he doesn't get his game with clubs offering private jets on his behalf. 8 mil makes no sense for a back up defender. Well then we did spend 6 mil on a back up lad up front.
We spent 6m on Baines who then sat on the bench for quite a while. And that was in 2007.

We spent 6m on Baines who then sat on the bench for quite a while. And that was in 2007.
But he was an investment with his whole career ahead of him. Martinez apparently wants a defender at the peak of his career, late 20's/early 30's.

No point spending big money on a defender who is at his peak, and then not playing him.

Surely it makes more sense to be sensible with the outlay for a back up defender, and then spend the cash on an important player (playmaker) who will be first choice and make a big difference to the team?

I think we all realise we wont have multi millions to spend, so to me it makes no sense to spend 8-10 million on a defender to sit on the bench and watch Jags and Stones most of the season whilst getting a game here and there, and then not have enough money left to buy a quality number 10 who could come straight in to the team and make a big difference.

There is always the chance we could all be surprised and still have 15-20 million left to spend AFTER blowing 10 million on Dann or similar and Deulofeu for 3 million, but lets be honest it's not very likely is it?

But he was an investment with his whole career ahead of him. Martinez apparently wants a defender at the peak of his career, late 20's/early 30's.

No point spending big money on a defender who is at his peak, and then not playing him.

Surely it makes more sense to be sensible with the outlay for a back up defender, and then spend the cash on an important player (playmaker) who will be first choice and make a big difference to the team?

I think we all realise we wont have multi millions to spend, so to me it makes no sense to spend 8-10 million on a defender to sit on the bench and watch Jags and Stones most of the season whilst getting a game here and there, and then not have enough money left to buy a quality number 10 who could come straight in to the team and make a big difference.

There is always the chance we could all be surprised and still have 15-20 million left to spend AFTER blowing 10 million on Dann or similar and Deulofeu for 3 million, but lets be honest it's not very likely is it?
Which is fine in theory as long as you can be certain neither will pick up a bad injury that keeps them out for several months. Every place in the table is worth ~ 2m, a poor 3rd choice CB can cost you a lot of places in the table if he plays for a significant portion of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.